Detroit, post-apocalypse

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by DexterMorgan, Feb 6, 2010.

1. the_cpl

the_cpl Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 9, 2009
    The I Am Legend is a REMAKE? :shock:

When they make an AVATAR remake? It's the time. Just make the natives green this time, and bang, we have a new movie with an original story. :roll:

2. Zeal

Zeal Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 20, 2003
    Oh dont get me wrong, i havent even seen the Will Smith one. Just stating! Although C Heston might be a bit old nowdays...

It was shot on LA it seems, i guess they have similar post-industrial decay looks.

3. Patton89

Patton89 Vault Dweller

Nov 21, 2008
    Charlton Heston would have to be a zombie.
    He is bit dead.

4. the_cpl

Aug 9, 2009
    Yes, he died few years ago. :(

5. el_jefe_of_ny

el_jefe_of_ny Still Mildly Glowing

Jan 6, 2010
    that blows. I did not know that :(

6. SuAside

SuAside Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Admin

May 27, 2004
  7. the_cpl

Aug 9, 2009
    Remake of a remake. :o

I liked the I Am Legend, though the end of the movie was really stupid.
    Maybe the director said:

"Whoops, we ran out of the budget. CUT! The End".

:mrgreen:

I don't know why they make a Robocop remake. What's wrong with the original? Acting perfect, special effects are ok, the quality is not bad, the story can't be better. :| I hope they don't ruin the Terminator 1-2. :evil:

8. Ah-Teen

Ah-Teen Vault Senior Citizen
    Orderite

Jun 21, 2007
    They're run by cowards looking for a quick buck, not artists.

They actually had two endings. The other was a bit more... flowery and happy but I thought it was better than popping the grenade. Gave a little bit of humanity to the creatures and a slap in the face of everything he had said before about their humanity being lost.

The granade just left them mindless crazed beasts.

9. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan A Smooth-Skin

Aug 6, 2008
  10. UniversalWolf

UniversalWolf eaten by a grue.

Aug 28, 2005
    If you want to find some cool PA-esque images of Detroit, do a search for Detroit Disassembled. It's a book of photography of this exact subject. There are some amazing pictures in that book.

11. DexterMorgan

Aug 6, 2008
    Thanks bud but I'm not looking for anything specific, just posting interesting stuff as I come across it while surfing the web. :)

12. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Antediluvian as Feck
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    The Omega Man ('71) was one of my favorite movies from the 70’s, that and Solent Green ('73)…it’s a pity the remake (I Am Legend) was so crappy…what I don’t understand is why Charlton Heston choose to shoot the zombies when he could have easily chomped them to death with his massive teeth. He could have been an extra in the film Piranhas. :mrgreen:

13. Stealste

Stealste First time out of the vault

Jan 15, 2009
    I wouldn't have even considered any of these films remakes, they're just similar films based on a common principle - Considering they we all based on Richard Matthesons 'I Am Legend' they're all wide of the mark. Like what Blade is to Dracula- Some common concepts, but wildly different delivery.

Personally, I'm still waiting for a film that follows the book a little more closely- the ending is fantastic, and explains why it's called 'I Am Legend'.

14. UniversalWolf

UniversalWolf eaten by a grue.

Aug 28, 2005
    Heh, ok! I'll describe some of what you're missing, then. There's one photograph of an old public school book repository with a caved-in roof on the top floor. The books are spread all over the floor, and through exposure to the elements have begun to decay into a sort of pulp or mulch. Out of this mulch, a tree is growing through the hole in the roof.

15. the_cpl

Aug 9, 2009
    Because he was the president and spokesman of the NRA.

8-)

16. DirkGently

DirkGently Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 2, 2010
    Because he's Charlton Fucking Heston, that's why. Never mind the NRA, he's Charlton. Fucking. Heston. "You damn dirty apes" Charlton HEston

17. mobucks

mobucks President of racism. Orderite

May 22, 2010
    FUCK YEAH MAY HE RES HIS SOUL! CHUCK FUCKIN HESTON

18. MutantScalper

MutantScalper Dogmeat

Nov 22, 2009
  19. alec

alec White heterosexual male Orderite

May 21, 2003
    I need to post this Charlton Heston clip. It's legendary:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syuQ4puoln8&feature=related[/youtube]

20. DexterMorgan

Aug 6, 2008