Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Korin, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Tagaziel

Tagaziel Panzerkatze Staff Member Admin Orderite

Dec 10, 2003
    Yeah, I like that too. There's a story to each one.

I like the setting too. If I recall it correctly, it's set two centuries after Oblivion and after the Empire was de facto conquered (or at least beaten into submission) by the elven Thalmor. Who are basically fantasy Nazis, except they don't genocide people, but beat them into submission. It's not too overt though. I like the subtlety here and the way political conflicts are painted.

2. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    I've heard him do other voices and he's o.k, I think he was told to do aloof anti social and couldn't pull it off. My brother couldn't stop laughing when talking to him though.

Might as well wack up some of the sceens I've taken as well, they're a tad cleaner than Tags.
    [spoiler:02b6fa4797]

Early one to test the tfc and tm commands.

[/spoiler:02b6fa4797]

Settings on high as well.

3. Tagaziel

Dec 10, 2003
    Yeah, anti-aliasing makes all the difference. But I REGRET NOTHING.

4. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    They want to eradicate men from the surface of the planet, I don't think it can get any more genocide-y. ;)

5. Tagaziel

Dec 10, 2003
    I haven't got to that point yet. Is it stated anywhere? I recall the Thalmor waging war against mankind to control them, but genocide?

6. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    I've read it in one of the ingame books somewhere, I unfortunately can't recall what the name was. :( But yes, it was definitvely stated that they want human races eventually to be extinct. In the game you meet some Thalmor later, I think there I took that book with me. Will check it when I play it next time.

7. sydney_roo

sydney_roo Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 24, 2008
    Don't worry, Ausdoerrt. The game looks nothing like on Tagaziel's screenshots.

After I managed to bear UI, I've actually played it quite a lot. Am I crazy or this game is actually pretty good? Definitely a major step-up from Oblivion.

8. Tagaziel

Dec 10, 2003
    I am actually hurt. What's so bad about them? Except for AA and aniso, I'm running the game on full details.

9. sydney_roo

Nov 24, 2008
    Relax. It's just that the game looks much much better. Maybe it's AA and Reflect turned off.

10. Makagulfazel

Makagulfazel Adept Bungler of Things Orderite

Jun 14, 2007
    People are just upset because your sexy ass is unavailable.
    Don't be passive aggressive, bros.

11. sydney_roo

Nov 24, 2008
    What he said.

12. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    I wish it would be possible to side with the dragons somehow. I mean. WTF. YOu have have damn "dragon soul" inside ... fighting against them ? Screw Acatosh, Talos or what their whole pantheon is called.

I. WANT. TO. RIDE. DRAGONS !

13. sydney_roo

Nov 24, 2008
    Maybe some creative modder will make it happen once the Creation Kit is released.

14. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mDDDlTLPWE[/youtube]

Weeeee.

15. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    yeah ... so sad that Oblivion was such a boring game. It had some great mods.

Anyway. I am sure people will get mods out where you can "transform" in a Dragon or something like that.

16. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt I should set a custom tit

Oct 28, 2008
    Divinity 2 called, it wants its gimmick back. :P

17. mobucks

mobucks woof Orderite

May 22, 2010
    Are all the NPCs still fugly like in the last 4 Bethesda games? Just curious.

18. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    define "fugly".

19. Ohaimerk

Ohaimerk modoc, den, grave Orderite

Mar 30, 2009
    I assume by lasdt four games you mean morrowind, oblivion, FO3, and skyrim. I wouldn't really call them fugly. Generic maybe, but they were well rendered and the animations are ok for games of these scales. I don't really expect to be attracted to any of them though, I mean it is a game and all. Some more variety within races would be welcome though.

20. aenemic

aenemic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jun 4, 2008
    depends in what you define as "fugly". NPC's (and your own character) look so much better than in Oblivion. it's worlds apart, really. Skyrim might not be the most beautiful game by todays standards but the weird plastic doll thing they had going on in Oblivion is gone. in Skyrim characters look a lot more realistic.