Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.2 - OPEN BETA (ie NOT FINAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really enjoyed Lenny and his funny talk. Equipped him with a rifle and he's not so bad after all. I was playing a melee character, so while I got in there to get my hands dirty Lenny was sniping from afar.

This critter art for him is so much better than the vanilla one!

After saving Smiley and going back to Klamath it goes like this

Smiley "Thanks for saving me blablabla"

Player "Coool but I have some other questions"

Smiley "Hey what's up my friend thx for saving me, what you need" instead of something like "Ill answer your questions"

Basically he is ignoring the fact that he already started talking to you 5 sec ago.

Gaspard said:
I really enjoyed Lenny and his funny talk. Equipped him with a rifle and he's not so bad after all. I was playing a melee character, so while I got in there to get my hands dirty Lenny was sniping from afar.

Only thing I don't like about him, is that he can't run anymore. :P

Also he's firearm skills have changed from pistols/SMGs/etc. to rifles, right?

VincentV said:
Gaspard said:

Only thing I don't like about him, is that he can't run anymore. :P

Also he's firearm skills have changed from pistols/SMGs/etc. to rifles, right?

Yep...give the guy a drink of gamma beer if you get the chance...as for the running thing, well Lenny's muscles are as stiff as beef jerky, so he can only shuffle around.

I'm not sure if you are open to adding any additional mods this late in development, but user Kanhef has created frms that highlight all items on the ground that can be picked up. It makes everything much easier to find (especially with highres mods already in place), and is very minor in file size and installation (literally just create a folder and copy paste the frms). The link is in the last post on this thread:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44533

Thank you to all involved for keeping Fallout 2 alive and going, the fans and community are all in debt to you!

@DrearierSpider
It's already in sfall and on by default. Just press the shift key and you'll see items got highlighted.

On Arroyo hunting grounds Geckos wont attack the player even if I am very close to them. (hex to hex)

Also on that map there are broc flowers and xander roots (highlighted with "shift") that cannot be taken cos they are blocked by environment elements like cactus, tree etc.

After I've found the watch Farrel had no dialog options about it.

smuggler said:
On Arroyo hunting grounds Geckos wont attack the player even if I am very close to them. (hex to hex)
It's intended. However, there's one really agressive lizard hiding amongst the pack, he'll jump at you on sight. :)

Kill Badger Quest

In the quest to kill Badger for the Hubologists, I can't report to AHS-7 for the completion of the quest (My only dialogue option is that I haven't killed Badger yet, even though I have).

EDIT: Savegame link:

http://www.filedropper.com/slot01

EDIT 2: After further testing, it seems that the problem is that the quest doesn't work properly if you kill a significant number of the Tanker NPC's, the quest closes properly if I only kill Badger and run out of the Tanker without killing anyone else.

Few bugs I've found:

San Fran, Dragon's Combat Ring
Major
If you save game while in combat while fighting Dragon's pupils, PC will become invisible. Any action will cause the game to crash and attempting to reload will cause the game to crash

Marcus
Minor
If you un-equip Marcus's mutant armor he won't re-equip it

- kaga is still not running away far enough to exit the map and gets killed easily by your companions.

- if you are leaving the vault in vault city, a text like 'beeep-bbeep' from the medical computers of the first level of the vault appears in the middle of the screen on the inner vault city map.

- if you have the Part Requisition Form from harold's desk and traded it for a 3-step plasma transformer, you can still talk to festus to get a Part Requisition Form multiple times and trade them all for 3-step plasma transformers so you can skeeter have to upgrade infinitive weapons

if you kill "the chicken" in modoc, then there are no more dialog options for rose. if you try to talk to her only floating text like "no more omelet someone killed our...chicken" appears. you can't trade with her anymore or buy/ask something else.

and by the way, it would be great to add a good miria mod as install option!

Blacksun said:
and by the way, it would be great to add a good miria mod as install option!

Yes, please!
Miria mod is really well done and it would be nice to have it as an optional install in RP!

Anyway, big thanks to everyone involved in making this awesome mod and its components!
I know this is probably the last big update for this mod, but I hope you will still make some bugsquishes (if there are any bugs left) or add new graphics/animations (if someone makes them - like the mohawk girl) to it from time to time.

Strange said:
In the quest to kill Badger for the Hubologists, I can't report to AHS-7 for the completion of the quest (My only dialogue option is that I haven't killed Badger yet, even though I have).
EDIT 2: After further testing, it seems that the problem is that the quest doesn't work properly if you kill a significant number of the Tanker NPC's, the quest closes properly if I only kill Badger and run out of the Tanker without killing anyone else.

You can't kill Suze after you kill Badger, must do it before, as her death overrides Badgers.
Basically G_var 365 was meant to be a flag but wasn't fully implemented as such (no bitwise).

The Dude Next to Cabbot said:
Few bugs I've found:

San Fran, Dragon's Combat Ring
Major
If you save game while in combat while fighting Dragon's pupils, PC will become invisible. Any action will cause the game to crash and attempting to reload will cause the game to crash

I wrote earlier about this subject in case it was forgotten (except for the crash part)...

I can confirm this bug. It has something to do with the hero appearance mod, as it doesn't happen to females or when the mod is deactivated. It's a bit odd, when you return to the game from the save menu after having saved, the player character has disappeared, and when you load that save again, you will briefly see your character before it's removed.
Killap, I haven't looked into how the appearance mod works at all, but saw that they have their own art folders, so just a quick thought, maybe the new boxing art needs to go there as well?

The Dude Next to Cabbot said:
If you un-equip Marcus's mutant armor he won't re-equip it
He will, but only through dialog (same way as you remove it from him). The equip best armor button is disabled for him or he would be able to wear all other armors in the game too. Which would be pretty stupid, especially since he doesn't even have the art for them.

Blacksun said:
- kaga is still not running away far enough to exit the map and gets killed easily by your companions.
Yeah Kaga is a bitch. Sigh. Not sure much can be done, short of giving him a hex to run away to on every map. Or disappear when only a few hexes away from you, but none of those would help much while still in combat. :shrug:

Blacksun said:
- if you are leaving the vault in vault city, a text like 'beeep-bbeep' from the medical computers of the first level of the vault appears in the middle of the screen on the inner vault city map.
Nothing can be done about this. The floats stay for a certain amount of time no matter if you change map or not. Would be great if you could clear them on map exit, but the game engine has no such function.

Blacksun said:
- if you have the Part Requisition Form from harold's desk and traded it for a 3-step plasma transformer, you can still talk to festus to get a Part Requisition Form multiple times and trade them all for 3-step plasma transformers so you can skeeter have to upgrade infinitive weapons
I don't see it in my game. Festus will only give you one form, after that he says he must have misplaced it. So you can only get a total of 2 Part Requisition Forms. Furthermore you can only ask for a plasma transformer once, after that you only get the option to ask for some other nonsensical thing.
If it's possible for you then I'm afraid you may be missing some of the scripts (it was a bug in the vanilla game after all).

This mod seems great! The last time I played Fallout 2 was with Mib88 Megamod, and this time I want to try something new, and this mod is really appealing!

Can't wait to see the new version of it!

Darek said:
So you can only get a total of 2 Part Requisition Forms. Furthermore you can only ask for a plasma transformer once, after that you only get the option to ask for some other nonsensical thing.
If it's possible for you then I'm afraid you may be missing some of the scripts (it was a bug in the vanilla game after all).
Actually you can get another plasma transformer with asking for a "moss-covered, three-handled gredunza", the dialog option will give you another transformer.

NovaRain said:
Actually you can get another plasma transformer with asking for a "moss-covered, three-handled gredunza", the dialog option will give you another transformer.
Nice, missed that. Still only allows for two plasma transformers, so not really an infinity bug is what I mean. :)
There is actually a check in place to prevent this but it's nullified by "visit_09_before := 0;" at the top of the talk procedure, so that needs to be removed. Also the "visit_09_before" variable doesn't get saved, does it, so saving and loading would probably bypass the check anyway.

Maybe better to change "if (global_var(160) == 1) then begin" to "if ((global_var(160) == 1) and (local_var(10) == 0)) then begin" in Node009.
That would let you ask for the moss-covered thing more than once but not getting the option to ask for the plasma transformer instead (if you have already gotten it).

Oh and the script is GCJEREM.

Nice, missed that. Still only allows for two plasma transformers, so not really an infinity bug is what I mean. :)

ok, i have loaded an older savegame to check it again and you are right. i can only get the transformer two times, sorry for that!

Blacksun said:
ok, i have loaded an older savegame to check it again and you are right. i can only get the transformer two times, sorry for that!
No problems. Was a real bug in there so it's all good. Got a bit confused is all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back