Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.2 - OPEN BETA (ie NOT FINAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible to skip few steps in the quest connected to Vault village and molerats. After you talk to villagers you go straight to brain and then back to villagers again. You will be able to tell them you made a deal with Vault City even without talking to McClure first.

Darek said:
Blacksun said:
- kaga is still not running away far enough to exit the map and gets killed easily by your companions.
Yeah Kaga is a bitch. Sigh. Not sure much can be done, short of giving him a hex to run away to on every map. Or disappear when only a few hexes away from you, but none of those would help much while still in combat. :shrug:

Couldn't you force a 'morale break' (not sure what FO calls this)? Whatever function it is that makes towns people run from you when you starting blasting them. It might not force them off the screen, but it gets them away from you.

Hi, long time lurker here, just wanted to say thank you to Killap for the enormous effort of keeping the RP alive for this long, and thus giving me reason to play this magnificent game again at least once a year. :clap: :clap:

I also have a crash report to make. During fights with a large number of opponents (happened twice in two different deathclaw cave maps so far this morning), the game would freeze, and i would lose mouse control in windows. I can alt-tab through active programs, but can regain mouse control only when when using ctrl-alt-del, and even then, upon return to windows, mouse is unusable again. The only option is to soft reboot from the previous screen.

In a crash test post from a previous version of RP (http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=796973&highlight=freeze#796973)
i've noticed this was happening to others, but at least for me the previous Restoration project versions were rock solid and devoid of fatal crashes up until this one.

As for my configuration, i'm using a GOG FO2 installation, with RP 2.2 beta.

@maelkum
Just a wild guess, but you might try downgrading the hi-res patch to 3.0.6 and see if the problem still occurs.

agris said:
Couldn't you force a 'morale break' (not sure what FO calls this)? Whatever function it is that makes towns people run from you when you starting blasting them. It might not force them off the screen, but it gets them away from you.
They call it "flee state" iirc and that is being used, it just don't work all that well. You can only change the distance he will run but he is still limited by action points per turn, and can get stuck if he chose a bad destination hex (iirc he always tries to run away straight from you, and he might just run into a wall and then do nothing). Then you have to script how he behaves outside of combat as well (again if I remember correctly he can't disappear while in combat mode)...

Anyway...

killap, I've been looking into the shi computers a bit...

The devs probably forgot a minus sign in front of the second science skill check (as in it should be -100, not 100).
It makes more sense, since if you are very, very good at science you pass without them knowing. If you are only very good, you get a second chance to pass but they find out someone has been hacking it. If you are not good enough you fail, which at the moment is not possible as you would need a high negative skill. I mean lets say you have -50% science, that would still get you a 50% chance to pass.

Hacking Shi computer terminals:

Code:
procedure NodeHack begin
   if (skill_success(dude_obj, SKILL_SCIENCE, -110)) then begin
      call Node002;
   end else if (skill_success(dude_obj, SKILL_SCIENCE, 100)) then begin
      set_shihacked_flag(SHI_TRUE);
      call Node002;
   end else begin
      call Node004;
   end
end

That all three terminal scripts have the same bug could be explained by them using one scrip as a template and just editing necessary changes (the bio terminal script is still named "Physics Computer station" in the headline of the script).

It could also be possible they changed it on purpose when they decided to leave out the password paper as a means to access the terminals.

I would like to re-implement the three torn password papers that turn into one full paper to be used with the terminals (it's already in the terminals scripts). Just have to find three good locations on the shi map. For Physics and chemistry there's desks where they could be put. As for the last one maybe add a pot in the small bathroom or put it on the biology scientist (to make it a bit harder)?

Not a good idea to use FIPAPER as a script for the torn pieces because of the too many items bug, but can use the code from it.
The simplest way is probably to add the following to the SFCINA2 map script:
Code:
procedure map_update_p_proc
begin
	variable LVar0 := 0;
	if (elevation(dude_obj) == 2) then begin
		set_light_level(40);
	end
	else begin
		set_light_level(90);
	end
	if (not(obj_carrying_pid_obj(dude_obj, 453))) then begin
		if (obj_carrying_pid_obj(dude_obj, 450) and obj_carrying_pid_obj(dude_obj, 451) and obj_carrying_pid_obj(dude_obj, 452)) then begin
			add_obj_to_inven(dude_obj, create_object_sid(453, tile_num(dude_obj), elevation(dude_obj), -1));
			LVar0 := obj_carrying_pid_obj(dude_obj, 450);
			if (LVar0 != self_obj) then begin
				rm_obj_from_inven(dude_obj, LVar0);
				destroy_object(LVar0);
			end
			LVar0 := obj_carrying_pid_obj(dude_obj, 451);
				destroy_object(LVar0);
			end
			LVar0 := obj_carrying_pid_obj(dude_obj, 452);
				destroy_object(LVar0);
			end
			rm_obj_from_inven(dude_obj, self_obj);
			destroy_object(self_obj);
		end

end
end
It works fine, though a bit slow with changing the 3 papers into 1 new, but so was the original script.

killap said:
In regards to the music discussion, I have no plans for this in any form. Out of the scope of the RP.
Never mind. Fortunatelly, it seems I was able to handle it on my own. :wink:

Code:
http://leteckaposta.cz/947186326

Changelog:

Vault Village – Second Chance (15SHADY.ACM)
New Reno Stables – Flame of the Ancient World (02MSTRLR.ACM)
Sierra Army Depot (inside) – Metallic Monks (04BRTHRH.ACM)
EPA (inside) / Toxic Vaste Dump – Radiation Storm (09GLOW.ACM)
Vault 13 – Vault of the Future (06VAULT.ACM)

Only thing I need is to go through the following locations to see (hear), if everything is all right. Anyone supposed to have the savegame?

I have a question regarding the mod. It seems like the san francisco merchants have no cash for me to steal anymore. Is that due to the mod restrictions??

shangz said:
I have a question regarding the mod. It seems like the san francisco merchants have no cash for me to steal anymore. Is that due to the mod restrictions??

Yes, IIRC. We do not want it to easy, do we ? ;)

bukypetr said:
Never mind. Fortunatelly, it seems I was able to handle it on my own. :wink:

Code:
http://leteckaposta.cz/947186326

Changelog:

Vault Village – Second Chance (15SHADY.ACM)
New Reno Stables – Flame of the Ancient World (02MSTRLR.ACM)
Sierra Army Depot (inside) – Metallic Monks (04BRTHRH.ACM)
EPA (inside) / Toxic Vaste Dump – Radiation Storm (09GLOW.ACM)
Vault 13 – Vault of the Future (06VAULT.ACM)

Only thing I need is to go through the following locations to see (hear), if everything is all right. Anyone supposed to have the savegame?
You should make a new post, so this isn't lost. Also, state which version of the RP it is for (sure, right now public beta is taken for granted but someday the beta will end..)

vault 13: i have the voice module in my inventory, but as i try to fix the terminal, the module disappeared!
i cheated a module with F2se back in my inventory to be able to complete the quest and after completion, the original module appears in my inventory again!

navarro: nearly the same problem with the vertybird plans! they disappeared from inventory as i tried to give them to the brotherhood guy in frisco (maybe disappeared earlier, but that was the point i recognized it). and again i used F2se to get the plans but after completion no second unit of plans appeared, maybe because the b-guy just "make copies" of them.

Hello, guys.
I decided to replay FO2 and this time with some mods.
While I'm not sure it is RP problem I think this still belongs here.
First of all I installed original game and patched It with Killaps latest patch. Then I installed RP and configured HR patch to be in DX9 windowed mode. I was kinda disappointed that I can't set resolution different than 640x480 but I didn't really mind it. When I started moving on global map it was too slow so I decided to fix that and ended up using Sfall over HR patch but they somehow combined and instead of dumb scaling I got FO2 to fit my resolution.
Unfortunately, I stumbled onto 2 problems:
a) Fallout doesn't appear in taskbar when using Sfall;
b) (well, I guess it's really how Sfall works) I can't move my cursor over game window.

Well, is there any way to change windowed mode resolution via HR patch or at least fix showing FO2 in taskbar?

Delete (uninstall) the game and then install F2 with just the RP...nothing else.

Also what OS are you using, etc...and read the "readme" file after the installation of the RP, it might just save you a lot of hassle.

Is there perhaps a way I could download the Restoration Project's source scripts and header files? The reason is I would like to make a mod I'm working on compatible with the Restoration Project.

JimTheDinosaur said:
Any indication when that would be? Just so I have a general idea when I can start working on the thing again.

It's very close to being done. It could be as soon as a few days, to as distant as several months from now, depending on when killap will find the time to wrap it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back