Fallout 2 Savegame Editor

Need help if it is evenin this save editor

How do I get the editor to change my location in the game since I don't want that witch doctor guy pop up after every time since he scares the crap out of me..... Every single time.

Just in case it gets an answer - is there a way to use the editor to add nirrans custom perks to the character? (Rapidperks ones)

Re: Need help if it is evenin this save editor

Vault Buster said:
How do I get the editor to change my location in the game since I don't want that witch doctor guy pop up after every time since he scares the crap out of me..... Every single time.
What do you mean by location? The dreams has nothing to do with location.
I can think of two ways to not have to see them. The first is to replace the dream movies with some other movie from the game, or replace them with a blank movie (you can get it from Lexx's mod I think).

The second is to set global_var 494 Fallout_2 to 3, that will let you bypass the 3 first movies and as soon as you leave the map you are currently on, the game will play the 4:th. But at least then you know when it's coming.

What I mean

What I mean is can the inventory editor change the current location your in so say you're in vault 13 can you save your game and use the editor to change your location to Klamath or Vault City. Also thanks for telling me about the dream thing I might change the file to one I made of me saying "It was gonna to scare the crap outta yah but I got rid of that for you!"

GVARS "9: days till vault13 discovery = 180" ?

i love this save game editor, thanks so much it really alleviates much worries with this game, so thank you!!

this question/topic is for Fallout 1:

i really enjoy being able to change the GVARS "10:vault water=150" settings, i always felt undue pressure from it as i have not completed the game and wanted to stumble through all the side quests in the hub till i figured it out!! so thanks again!!

i was wondering if GVARS "9:DAYS_TO_VAULT13_DISCOVERY=180" is any sort of a specific count down? because, like i had said, im not a fan of the countdowns. is this the time limit that was removed when the super mutants are lookin for ya? (i only know that cause of spoilers) because i was under the impression it was something more than 400 or 500 days and i was also under the impression those time limits were moved to 13 years in the more recently patched fallout's.

maybe its 180 days of water supply after the water chip (150) finally fails permanently for them, AFTER the initial 150 days? which isnt a prob cause i keep changing the 150 days back to around 140+ heh.

anyhow any sorta clarifications would be nice, i tried looking up 180 day time limits and vault 13 but didnt find anything relevant, so maybe it isnt important... any input would be greatly appreciated

thanks again and thanks for all the hard work!

Hi everybody :mrgreen:

Using the Fallout 2 Savegame editor for the first time. I think somehow Karl got killed at Mom's when I had a shootout w/ Metzger. Consequently, I cannot finish the Modoc Ghostfarm quest and tell Karl to go home.

When I open up the savegame for an old save ( fresh visit to The Den ) and open up DENBUS2.SAV I can see Local Variables --> Scripts --> mcKarl.int[critter] is present.

On my current save game (bad one, cannot find Karl) , mcKarl.int[critter] is completely missing from the list. I'm going under the assumption here that because mcKarl.int[critter] is missing, that means he is dead and not present on the map.

Is there a way to restore Karl back to life, or otherwise restore and be able to see mcKarl.int[critter] in the list again? Thanks for any help you can provide!

Big update!

Some time ago I decided to try WxWidgets toolkit. As a test, I rewrote F2se.

What's new:

1) F1se and F2se are united in one editor. The game is selected in the settings.

2) Very verbose log + additional checks here and there. Should help to determine the causes when editor crashes, hangs up, etc.

3) There is a chance that editor will work with a Chinese version.

4) More search at startup. Should find Steam's and GOG's versions.

5)
Darek said:
One dumb thing I've done a few times is is to leave the save editor open while playing then saving my game, and then not refreshing the save before making a new edit, and thereby writing old data onto my latest save. :facepalm:

CRC32 check for changes when saving.

6) Improved Fallout 1 savegame loading.

7) Local map coordinates changing.

8) Interface translation files (*.lng) now use UTF8.

What's missing:

1) Hex editor. There is no such widget for WxWidgets. So there is only primitive hex view widget written by myself.

2) Companion editor for Fallout 1. Because editor changed the critters in the entire game, not saved game, I decided to get rid of it. If someone says that he really wants to return editor, I will return it.

Did not do a lot of tests, so there may be bugs.

Link to the new version

Just play around it a bit. I'll test it more and check how it works on FO1 later.
It works fine so far for FO2+RP and looks pretty nice. Thanks for the big update, vad.

Can it be built in Linux? I ask because using WxWidgets might provide such portability.

Theoretically, with small modifications, yes. I use WinAPI:
1) To check that the file or directory exists. (It can be replaced by POSIX functions)
2) For reading the registry to get the path to the game. (This can be turned off when compiling not under Windows)
3) Dialog boxes(open file, save file, choose directory). (WxWidgets dialog boxes can be used)
4) To get a list of subdirectories and list of files by mask. (I think Linux versions of these functions are easy to write)

But is there a need for a native version for Linux? WINE is required to play Fallout, it can be used to launch the editor.

Can it be built in Linux? I ask because using WxWidgets might provide such portability.

Theoretically, with small modifications, yes. I use WinAPI:
1) To check that the file or directory exists. (It can be replaced by POSIX functions)
2) For reading the registry to get the path to the game. (This can be turned off when compiling not under Windows)
3) Dialog boxes(open file, save file, choose directory). (WxWidgets dialog boxes can be used)
4) To get a list of subdirectories and list of files by mask. (I think Linux versions of these functions are easy to write)

But is there a need for a native version for Linux? WINE is required to play Fallout, it can be used to launch the editor.

Right now, it was just curiosity. However, I'd like to (eventually, starting in a year at the very least) add support on gemrb for Fallout games, and if the patches get accepted it would make sense to also have this tools to run native, if that doesn't mean an excessive amount of work.A
And even then, I wouldn't expect you to do this for me, I'd like to complete myself the missing bits.

Very cool update, thank you! New interface looks oldschool and nice. This tool makes modding much much easier :)

Downloaded it and it doesnt work on my computer, no error msg is displayed. Btw, i'm doing the translation to pt-br of F12Se. ;)

Last edited:
If program doesn't start without any messages, most likely that means I compiled wxWidgets with wrong settings. (I use not standard settings to reduce file size)

Try this version.

I've used your old version for years without any issues and find it very handy. I'll definitely be checking this out.

If program doesn't start without any messages, most likely that means I compiled wxWidgets with wrong settings. (I use not standard settings to reduce file size)

i tried again with no success, no idea of what could be wrong, there are no viruses or any other problem here.

Found bug in latest version: deleting *.sav files works strange (it does not update the list, however the file is actually deleted). Also there is a typo: "Seleceted city".

Nice editor as it seems and most importantly it perceives RP, so appreciated.
Btw it would be better if you edit your main post for your latest version which I've lived by downloading your old version mind you.

Back