Fallout 4 gameplay videos leaked, Bethesda starts taking them down

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Kilus, Nov 2, 2015.

1. generalissimofurioso

generalissimofurioso The Hole Time Orderite

Jun 17, 2007
    Bethesda doesn't do fat player characters.

That interferes with the prospect of playing as an action figure being brandished by a child going "Pew pew pew, your head explodes and kills everyone next to you!"

2. phipboy

phipboy Newly elected overseer

Oct 2, 2015
    I still have no idea what you mean and can only assume so. And you wonder where the confusion comes from? How about you clarify further so we don't have another pointless discussion/argument about this?

3. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    No dude, check the Female character customization video:

You can make your character fat with a Triangle interface ripped straight from Saints Row. Of course they replaced "fat" with large, because "Fat" is a slur now or something...

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  4. Battlecross

Battlecross Banned

Jun 17, 2015
    I told you about the insults towards anyone who likes FO3, you claim you never see it. I showed you it happening. Very straightforward.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. Mr Fish

Mr Fish ...The pain of being dead...

Sep 11, 2010
    Probably been posted already but whatever:

Remember when Bethesda touted how many lines the player character would have?
    Yeah?
    How many of those lines do you think are used for useless narrative of soda's and washing machines?

6. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    They are probably counting the different variations of the "Success" sound bit that plays everytime you pick a lock, hack a terminal or kill enemies.

7. phipboy

Oct 2, 2015
    Is "simpletons" considered an insult? The same as calling someone a fuckface for example? I've never seen a REAL insult here, directed at somebody. What zegh8578 said was a joke more than anything. It wasn't a direct insult, it was just taking a jab at Fallout 3 fans. That's very broad.

8. tsunny

tsunny First time out of the vault

Nov 1, 2015
    There are 900 lines of dialogue in FO4 about "HATE NEWSPAPERS" the rest is about soda and washing machines.

9. Battlecross

Battlecross Banned

Jun 17, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  10. Kilus

Kilus Not Australian Orderite

May 3, 2003
    Diamond City footage:

<iframe src="https://vid.me/e/pWSj?stats=1&amp;tools=1" width="480" height="480" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling="no"></iframe>

11. phipboy

Oct 2, 2015
  12. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Piper can take far less damage than the dog. That's hilarious.

13. Kilus

Kilus Not Australian Orderite

May 3, 2003
    More treating Piper like a dog:

<iframe src="https://vid.me/e/yGkM?stats=1&tools=1" allowfullscreen="" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="320" width="568"></iframe>

Edit: Wait, maybe she is Synth programmed with a dog's personality. Which is why is involved with creating newspapers. Clever girl.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  14. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Yup, Blade Runner story confirmed. Whoever finds the first "Voight-Kampff" reference wins a cookie.

15. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    That Diamond City footage.... Man, those animations... They seriously haven't improved since Fallout 3...

16. phipboy

Oct 2, 2015
    What the HELL are those animations? This footage + the diamond city footage. And the physics too! What the fuck those are like alpha/beta level bad.

17. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    *Stands perfectly in place with both arms to the side*
    -Please don't kill me!-.

18. Battlecross

Battlecross Banned

Jun 17, 2015
    Which physics? They're the same as they've always been

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  19. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Which is to say bad.

Did you also catch that bit in one of the videos from the OP where the players activates the Terminal, his character pulls down the gun, awkwardly starts moving, gets stuck on the counter next to the terminal and takes like 2 seconds to actually pull up the terminal? That's just pathetic...

20. Geras

Geras Animal Friend

Oct 12, 2011
    Long time Fallout 1/2 fan here. After playing the Witcher 3 this game looks like it's 5-10 years old to say the least. And that dog on fire nonsense...and the vault elevator... The only Bethesda game I bought was F3 and I will never make the same mistake ever to buy from that company.