Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Nah it's a mutual thing we've discussed. She definitely wants children and I definitely don't, so since we have to live separately at this point in time anyway, it seemed good timing to also part ways, just logistically. (She living with family to save money, me moving to be closer to my new job)

Looking at it another way: we've been together for almost two years, which means her starting a family has already been delayed two years, so any further time she spend with me is time she'd really prefer having a husband and birthing children.

She has a genetic disease that makes bringing a child full term more difficult and increasingly so with age, so she really does need to find a suitable mate ASAP.

Wow. I applaud you, sir. For sticking to your principles and for offering her the freedom to follow her dreams. All too often situations like these turn into proper drama and regret. :salute:

So, anyway, is Fallout Fixt just as good as killap's RP? Is it the same sort of thing, fixing the bugs and adding some stuff the developers forgot to add?

No, not trolling. I just never looked into these mods and patches, thinking they would ruin the vanilla games. I only recently played with killap's RP and I was seriously impressed, so I thought: maybe they have such fixes for Fallout 1 as well. But thanks, I'll DL Fallout Fixt soon.

TO REPORT BUGS CLICK HERE
2zqvevb.jpg

Goal of Fallout Fixt: To enhance, fix and improve the Fallout 1 experience. This includes fixing bugs, restoring features, modifying balance, adding features, and many fixes to text/dialog. In addition to that, all other available mods and patches are rolled into Fixt (see below), meaning that Fallout Fixt is the only thing needed for "the best" Fallout 1 experience. As of the most recent version, this mod fixes roughly 150 bugs still present in the unofficial patches, and adds roughly 170 features. In addition, there are hundreds if not thousands of text&dialog fixes.

Major or "non-canon" changes to the game by Fallout Fixt are usually optional during installation. If such changes aren't optional at the moment, they will be made optional in a future release. If you notice things that are included that you think shouldn't be, send me an angry email. I will cry for hours due to my feelings being hurt, and then respectfully consider your opinions.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fixt said:
Fixt:
To fix a phrase or sentence so that it is more truthful, commonly used in gaming forums.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fixt said:
verb
a simple past tense and past participle of fix.

Current Version: alpha 6.7.3 (June 02, 2014) <-- To get the patch, click HERE.

CHANGELOG:
(Mirror 1, MediaFire) http://www.mediafire.com/view/rdrfz3frzld57eo/Fallout_Fixt_changelog.txt
(Mirror 2, MEGA) https://mega.co.nz/#!7A4xxZ5R!aKY9DApQbteEEOFIGST_Q8kfH7pG9tIDhkK68GuygLc

NOTE: Download Size and Installed Size may vary depending on your system! Windows calculates sizes differently than MacOS/Linux.

Alpha 6.7.2 FIXES ONLY: 90 MB to download, up to 150 MB installed (if all options selected)
The patch. Some new content available. Good for purists. Available installation types: Fixes Only [Purist], Custom [Mostly Purist].

(Mirror 1, GameFront) http://www.gamefront.com/files/24206795/Fallout_Fixt_alpha-6.7.2_FIXES_ONLY.exe
(Mirror 2, MEGA) https://mega.co.nz/#!ecxRlCoR!BPchkDgZwevsqr5lrKd2vjzerdIAgsAlh0TJHg3aq60
(Mirror 3, MediaFire) http://www.mediafire.com/download/m5kn65sz0c647bc/Fallout_Fixt_alpha-6.7.2_FIXES_ONLY.exe

or

Alpha 6.7.2 FULL CUSTOM: 200 MB to download, up to 540 MB installed (if all options selected)
The full mod. All content is available. Available installation types: Fixes Only [Purist], Standard [Half-Purist], Full [Purists Not Allowed], Custom [Everything customizable].

(Mirror 1, GameFront) http://www.gamefront.com/files/24206818/Fallout_Fixt_alpha-6.7.2_FULL_CUSTOM.exe
(Mirror 2, MEGA) https://mega.co.nz/#!jNZV2YyB!KzUXPOCwif2hbslK5O6A9GrYd0cyCTztGvZIs6X2XrQ
(Mirror 3, MediaFire) http://www.mediafire.com/download/2b9bzwfyyyeiea4/Fallout_Fixt_alpha-6.7.2_FULL_CUSTOM.exe

or

Alpha 6.7.2 GERMAN UNCUT: 280 MB to download, up to 700 MB installed (if all options selected)
The same as "Full Custom", but for those with German version. Restores censored cutscenes, all death animations, and removed sound effects.
Available installation types: Fixes Only [Purist], Standard [Half-Purist], Full [Purists Not Allowed], Custom [Everything customizable].

(Mirror 1, GameFront) http://www.gamefront.com/files/24206833/Fallout_Fixt_alpha-6.7.2_GERMAN_UNCUT.exe
(Mirror 2, MEGA) https://mega.co.nz/#!fNJTBKrA!0LQJkwgADIPZ1E96x5LXoXUSBAmyfxhKy-1YO80OG7Y
(Mirror 3, MediaFire) http://www.mediafire.com/download/2noy8kk87y6ck2e/Fallout_Fixt_alpha-6.7.2_GERMAN_UNCUT.exe

Please note the German Uncut version does NOT include German language files! Fixt hasn't been translated into German yet by the community. I'd do it myself, but Ich sprechen nur ein bisschen Deutsch, nicht so gut.

VERIFYING THAT FIXT IS INSTALLED PROPERLY:
- Click "CREDITS" on main menu will begin with Fallout Fixt credits, and displays current version.
- Version is also displayed in text at bottom of main menu. (May be hard to see at higher resolutions)

Graphics are set to 800x600 @ 16bit with the included settings files, although you can change this of course, by editing f1_res.ini or running f1_res_Config.exe (should be self-explanatory once you open the files for editing)

Ghouly89 said:
You did this all by yourself? Or is this mod a compilation of a bunch of fixes?
Both.
I used the newest available as base for each file (scripts, dialog etc). I first extracted/installed patches 1.1, 1.2, 1.2.1, and 1.3.5 in that order. So if TeamX updated a file in 1.3.5, that's the version I started with, whereas if it hasn't been changed since 1.2 official patch that's the version I started with, and so on. I then copied over the rest of the files (scripts, dialogs, maps etc) from the main data file (master.dat) that hadn't been changed by previous patches/mods/updates.
From there it's just a matter of merging any additional patches, changes and fixes into the dialog and script files, and then doing my own fixes/changes/updates to everything.

These are all included with my mod; do NOT download or install them:

FULLY INTEGRATED PATCHES:
- Official Interplay patches (1.1, 1.2)
- TeamX patches (1.2, 1.21, 1.3.5)
- No Children Fix
- Cathedral Crash Fix (and other fixes by Sduibek for the Cathedral, Military Base and The Glow crashes)
- Nimrod's Dialog Fixes
- FreeSpace variable is set to 0 by default, so you won't have to worry about that crash either.

FULLY INTEGRATED MODS:
- Fallout 1 Restoration Mod, version 1.0b1 [Created by Wasteland Ghost. Portions by Mynah, hamster, Wasteland Hellbringer.]
--- Invasions are now entirely optional (including Necropolis), and invasion dates can be customized, anywhere from instant to 4x their default values.
--- Deathclaw status is no longer linked, i.e. killing it on the world map or in the cave does not prevent it from appearing at the other.
- Extended Flamer Attack Mod [Created by .Pixote.]
- Endgame Mod [Created by Corpse]
- TeamX NPCs 3.5
- Sfall ddraw 1.18e (including shaders.fx for D3D modes) [Created by Timeslip]
- hires patch [Created by Mash]

OPTIONAL MODS:
- Weapon Drop Mod [Created by Josan12 and MIB88]
--- Customizable distance values.
- "Nixie Numbers" for GUI

INCLUDED UTILITIES:
- Two tools that can be run before running FalloutW.exe (not made by me) are included in the [Fallout]\Scrambled Colors Fixes folder, to help with those experiencing color palette issues.

MISC:
- Fallout 1 official manual (PDF format, version you can get from GOG.com)

Just for the sake of reference, here's the stats your NPCs get on levelup (I haven't changed these from TeamX NPC Mod, these are the figures from TeamX/WastelandGhost):

Format is [increase at reaching level 2, increase at reaching level 3]
Ian: HP +15, +10; Small Guns +20, +15; Unarmed +10, +8; Melee +5, +4
Tycho: HP +15, +10; Small Guns +20, +15; Unarmed +10, +8; Melee +5, +4
Katja: HP +10, +5; Small Guns +5, +4; Unarmed +5, +4; Melee +10, +8; Throwing +20, +15; Lockpick +20, +15

What's the changelog for just that version? I read it whenever you publish a new one, but it's too long to go over it entirely from the start once gain.

I just want to say ¡Thank you so much! for the effort put into this project, is amazing what you are doing to improve a gaming experience that it was already great, bringing it up to it's fullest, exploiting the potential it has, just wow!

On a side note, the patch 6.7.3 really came in handy to me. Thanks twice as much! I was experiencing the crash on the brotherhood of steel part, the troubleshooting doc. was easy peasy, got me moving in no time at all.

1822.png

While returning the water chip to the vault (I was late to save the gouls) after the dialogue with the overseer and "writting" my report, I realize that my inventory icon had gone and instead there was just a black square to replace it (I could still access to it through keyboard commands) but I feared the files could have gone corrupted, should I post it in the bug-report thread? (maybe it was my constant tries to cheat whitin the game and saving up in the middle of dialogues, Just trowing it out there.

Regardless it didn't affect my gameplay so is not a mayor thing.

You are amazing people, did I told you that already?

Alright, I always kept thinking how a mod like this really should exist for Fallout 1. Since Fallout 2 has the restoration patch thats merged with the unofficial patch.

Anyway, I hope this mod continues to get updated, I'm new to the forums, and plan to start my first play through, and will check this mod daily for any patches :P

@silents429 Probably not worth your time to check daily,
but,
since I'm almost done moving (just need to clean the old place) work on this will resume by the end of the month.

@SorgFall I'll also get a incremental patch changelog compiled.

@UBERSOLDEIR Thank you:) Please do add any strange behavior to the bugs wiki, and a save game is ideal, but it must be uploaded to a sharing site where the uploads don't expire. It sounds like the Too Many Holodisk Entries bug, how many entries do you have in your pipboy from holodisks and such?

@alec I don't consider Fixt to be as good as Killap's work; mine still has various issues and despite being around for a few years, is definitely still a work in progress, and I think it shows. I wish it were better but I only have so much time to spend on it :( So, conceptually, yes, Fixt is the equivalent thing as F2UP and F2RP, plus a broader scope of adding features and including other mods, and customizable/modular install. Unfortunately this broader scope means it's an even more long term project than his, and thus not as "complete" or polished at any given time.

So to answer: Yes, it's the same sort of thing as Killap's work on Fallout2. No, I wouldn't consider it "as good" in terms of completeness / polish / stability. (Eventually though :D)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Daily is a bit excessive, anyway, I got to necropolis, and unfortunately with my 1 save slot (I'm an idiot) I ended up becoming a prisoner in the Mariposa Military base with the super mutants at like level 6.

And unfortunately I am trapped in there.

First!

I noticed a bug when I go to the control room where all the robe wearing fools are, If I save and reload, Ian would be over where the Lieutenant guy in charge is at when hes interrogating you when you arrive, and he'd keep running back to me through that damned red force field, and end up dieing.

This happened every time I loaded in, and originally he came up with my on the elevator (This is level 4 in the base)

Anyway, I'm off to start another playthrough, this time with multiple saves .-.

Yes, with a beautiful green font. Modern life is amazing :)

I know right? who doesn't love green!?
:grin:

Thank you:) Please do add any strange behavior to the bugs wiki, and a save game is ideal, but it must be uploaded to a sharing site where the uploads don't expire. It sounds like the Too Many Holodisk Entries bug, how many entries do you have in your pipboy from holodisks and such?

Well that would certainly explain it, I've got all of 'em, 13 entries, plus I'm carriying all the holodisks (two of them have an error message when hovering the mouse over them in the inventory), I'll visit the wiki right away to clear out what I've got.

Did a Fallout replay just now, with Fixt installed. It was very nice to actually relax while maneuvering through Mariposa. I always experienced this as a buggy part of the game, crash prone, dunno why, but demotivating. Obviously, this worked flawlessly, as I trusted it to :D

Also loved the continue playing after ending option. I never play, I click yes, grind some, then what's the point, right? But I want the option:D

I have all the Team X stuff in my game. I'm missing something critical by not installing this?

This MOD - pretty awesome :) Have to say I didn't expect such a vivid and lively community of Fallout players out there, but then again... anything can happen in the Wasteland.

But... still no way to load your old saves after Fixt is installed? I kinda would love to go back, but it's time consuming, so I cannot. I get this memory error when I try to load the old save...

pre-Fixt saves not compatible, sorry :( Basically I've added so many fixes and features to the game that it required addition of lots of global variables, and if the number of global variables in the main game file doesn't match the save file, you'll get a crash.

If you feel brave or lucky, you could remove the extra lines from the global variables file, but that will introduce its own issues and possibly crashes. In the next version I'll add how to do that in the Troubleshooting guide. Let me know if you'd like the instructions.

I have all the Team X stuff in my game. I'm missing something critical by not installing this?

Critical, not really.

Fun, probably. :mrgreen: :lol:

Sorry if this has been discussed before and if I missed the answer in the OP, but does Fallout Fixt add any cut content/quests to the game? I remember playing a mod ages ago which added a few things like an encounter with the Vipers in their base.

Just a quick question.

What exactly are the differences between the option during the installation progress:

Fixes Only - Well, I get this one
Standard - Fixes and some of restored content, what kind of content?
Full - Yep, understood

So, it's actually just the Standard option I'm not fully aware of.

I don't remember off the top of my head, but Standard is basically to add the things to the game that aren't controversial changes/additions. The middle ground that, in theory, should be a safe option for most players.

What I might do on next release is make a little features-included chart or something.

Thanks for the response :)

How about the German translation? Did anyone worked on it?
How much of the Text-Data did you changed?

Back