Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 28, 2009
    Oh crap I didn't read fully his post.. That dude is trying to create Fallout: pos out out of FIXT, by enabling it on console.. PPL don't let Him do it.. I'm all for banning classic Fallouts from console. at least from preventing typical console-pesant mindset folks to downvote the game(s) to oblivion

/PC-master-race rant...

2. Shanye

Shanye First time out of the vault

Jan 23, 2022
    I didn't read about Fallout et tu as a better option than Fixt, so I wind up installing this, even I informed a little bit before installing any mod. It works good for now, but I'll let you know if I have a big problem. I just installed the Purist installation, because I remember a few things about this game, I only completed it once.

Nevertheless, I have two questions/problems about it:
    1. Sfall is working very neat, except that speed modifier keys aren't working (i.e ctr+1 to 6). I've tried to edit the ini but I couldn't find a solution. Though the speed base modifier works, It's set up by default at 110 and you can modify at your will.

2. When I finish the game I want to play with the full installation to see the restored content, should I make a clean installation in order to do it or just install it?

3. Did the autor say anything about the alledged realease on Jan 2020? it has passed a year and the mod It's still on the 2015 version.

Thank you

3. Shanye

Shanye First time out of the vault

Jan 23, 2022
    Anyone has Error1 and Error2 on the Fixt 0.9 (fallout v1.0 testing playable)?

4. Irradiated Rat

Irradiated Rat First time out of the vault

Jan 27, 2022
    Hello there, I'm new to Fallout 1 and new to this site. I had a few questions regarding general gameplay that I'm hoping someone can answer. Since I'm using Fallout Fixt, I am to believe this is the best place to ask.

So my question are thus:
    1. Are doctor's bags/first aid kits required to heal crippled limbs? Are eyes healed the same way if so?
    2. Can companions become crippled? If so, how do I know when they are?
    3. Is there a difference between using the Pip-Boy to rest as compared to purchasing a bed?

Thanks in advance for any answers anyone can provide.

Hey there, I'm having trouble understanding the first question you asked as I'm also new to Fallout 1, but I've done some research and can answer the other two fairly confidently.

So, version 0.81a seems to be the latest publicly available version of Fixt. Hi-res patches are indeed included with Fixt. Open your [f1_res_Config.exe] located in your fallout folder to customize your graphics setting and ensure the patch is enabled. As for enabling 16:9, I had issues with Fixt's direct draw method working properly for me. I went into the [f1_res.ini] file and changed graphics_mode to equal 2. This changes it to DirectX9mode. From there I was able to open the game and customize my graphics to better match my resolution and provide a proper 16:9 picture. Though you'll likely want to also activate scale x2 in order to make the menus larger.

I hope that helped somewhat. Feel free to experiment with the in-game screen settings and .ini files to more finetune your preferences.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2022
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  5. xxdemonxspawnnxx

xxdemonxspawnnxx First time out of the vault

Apr 13, 2021
    1. You don't need doctors bag, you can fix limbs and eyes using only your doctor skill(press '6' on keyboard to use). Doctor's bag is like a boost. First aid is less effective than doctor skill and doesn't fix broken limbs.
    2. You can use the binocular on companions and it will tell if they are crippled.
    3. (My old answer was wrong)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  6. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    3. I only checked the Crash House right now, but it will heal you with random 10, 15 hitpoints while you use it (till next morning, etc). Depending on how long it is till morning, it can be faster than using the PipBoy resting function. If it's worth it is another thing entirely, though.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  7. Irradiated Rat

Irradiated Rat First time out of the vault

Jan 27, 2022
    Thanks so much for clearing that up. I remember reading on the Fallout wiki that you needed either a kit or bag to fix them, or at least that's what the writing suggests. We should get you lot here to create a better wiki, hah.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  8. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Using the items will give you a skill boost, so it'll be easier to repair crippled limbs.

9. Proletären

Proletären Vault Fossil
    Staff Member Admin

Mar 15, 2012

@Pale Rider :you can now play Fallout 1 in the Fallout 2 engine for a better experience. You will get a greater experience that way I think by having all the little conveniences added in Fallout 2. It's called Fallout et tu and can be found here.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  10. xxdemonxspawnnxx

xxdemonxspawnnxx First time out of the vault

Apr 13, 2021
    ...I think that got mixed with fallout tactics(another game). But Don't give up your hope on Wiki, it is accurate most of the time, despite what some redditors think.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  11. F. Horrigan

F. Horrigan First time out of the vault

May 4, 2018
    hi, i had this mod installed years ago but got a new laptop running W11. when i first tried running fixt, it gave me a display error (along the lines of "this display is not supported") so i went to the config, tried different resolutions, 16 or 32 color, DX9 or DX11, etc. now it does not let me run fixt at all and says the app is not supported by my device!
    has anyone dealt with this? the program is totally inaccessible to me now

12. lostabroad2

lostabroad2 First time out of the vault

Apr 2, 2013
    I had a similar issue when I recently loaded Fallout 2 from a CD with the new RPU mod on Windows 10. I have a desktop connected to a wide-screen tv. What worked for me was temporarily altering the computer's display resolution setting, (PC: start - settings - system -display), from 1366 X 768 wide-screen to 800 X 600. Fallout 2 loaded using those settings and from there I could switch back to the original 1366X 768 setting. I got a Windows 10 error message and when I clicked on that I almost immediately got a Windows 10 update that addressed the problem. I still had to play around with the Fallout 2 screen settings to get the best match. I think I ended up using the 1776 X 1000, (or very similar), pre-game screen preference option. Hopefully this helps.

13. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 28, 2009
    For Fuck's sake.. Fallout FIXT comes natively with High resolution Patch a.k.a "HRP" for fo1 ( built in ) hust go to f2_res.ini set colour bit depth to 32 bit resolution to 1920x1080, and begone with it.. if somebody has slow scrolling, set your art_cache_size= in fallout.cfg to a decent value, the native 4 is too little for such a high resolution, try 261, and If Your GPU is integrated and You don't have that much vram, than stop playing fallout on a total potato.

14. DwayneGAnd

DwayneGAnd Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Oct 12, 2016
    When is the next official release coming out? Also, can you not have the player start with items depending on certain tag skills? Such as a Flamer if you have Big Guns tagged. Some of us players are purists and we don't really like this. Et Tu also changes too much the feel of the original game, so I'm just using the unofficial Fallout 1.3.6 patch available for download at Nuclear City.

15. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    As example?

16. Oracle

Oracle Vault Senior Citizen

May 19, 2003
    Nevermind the guy, Lexx. He seems just to be trolling.

Let him wait on the next version of fixt... heh

17. DwayneGAnd

Oct 12, 2016
    Et Tu adds features you would only see in Fallout 2, such as a vehicle, new weapons, enemies, caverns, etc. Seeing as how I am a purist, I want to keep the feel of the original game, but I'll take bug fixes and patches any day.

And I am not trolling.

18. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Bro, you are totally trolling. Except for the (rare) Fo2 weapons, you can disable all that shit and I already told you about it. I thought you would answer something like "the critter in location x is not standing in the right position" or something like that, and not provide a list of stuff that actually can be disabled. :lol:

Fixt "purist" is also not "purist" -- if you want no changes at all, your only choice is to play the original unpatched Fo1.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  19. DwayneGAnd

Oct 12, 2016
    I did disable it, and yet the merchants still offer Fallout 2 Armor. And stop accusing me of trolling. I'm not looking to cause trouble or seek attention, I only want want all other players want: the best possible experience ever. You don't have to like me, but you need to treat me with respect and dignity as a person and a member of this forum.

20. DwayneGAnd

Oct 12, 2016
    but all members of the forum need to be treated with respect. It's the rules.