Fallout: New Vegas opening cinematic revealed

Brother None

This ghoul has seen it all
Orderite
We saw it in the Qore preview (and the closing bit in the original trailer) but here's a better version. It opens with the traditional song-and-panning-camera, before moving into the opening narrative.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8j2IiaPMO5o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed>

Save it for it will get pulled.

EDIT: note "one month later" and following has been edited in.

The "one month later" part looks weird, but the video looks edited, so I don't think it's in the actual intro.

It looks as if something is missing. But I wouldn't say that it's edited. I'll guess after the end, it switches right into the game where Doc Mitchel is talking to you.

Ausir said:
The "one month later" part looks weird, but the video looks edited, so I don't think it's in the actual intro.

What, you think someone took the trailer and slapped it on the ass of the opening sequence? Yeah, looks like, but I wouldn't presume.

Meh, /care.

It's not a very good opening. I mean the camera-panning bit works but man the whole burial scene looks silly.

God dammit, even Fallout 1 had better cutscenes. Where are all those flashy highpoly graphics videogames nowadays are all about when you need em.

looks edited to me.

the font in "one month later" looks odd and I don't want to believe that you really lie for thirty days shot in a grave.
and the quality of the second part is different from the first.

Brother None said:
What, you think someone took the trailer and slapped it on the ass of the opening sequence? Yeah, looks like, but I wouldn't presume.

Well, the font doesn't really look like something from the game.

This "one month later" is pretty odd for sure. As far as I remember, Doc Mitchel is fixing you up again, but not playing Frankenstein, eh?

I like the panning across New Vegas a lot. I like how the people inside are all drunk and partying but outside the walls, the Legion and Raiders are plotting their schemes.

The character models in the burial scene just don't look good though. Actually, my main problem is really the dude on the right. I'm not sure what they were going for there but I just can't tear me eyes off how stupid he looks.

The dialogue for Benny feels way too "stylized Vegas gangster" for me, it feels forced. But on the good side, I think Matthew Perry sounds really good.

Hopefully the bit about a month later is edited in.

I bought the issue of Quore yesterday with the opening, and this is edited.
You have to play a stupid slot machine mini-game to unlock the cinematic. The "one month later" part is a separate video from it.

I'm pretty sure Quore just stuck it in the issue as filler.

The one month later thing was just the end of the slot machine minigame they included with that magazine.

Wait, wasn't it the player's aim to find out who shot him? I should really stop looking at NMA F:NV news, before I see something I'll regret.

Blackened said:
Wait, wasn't it the player's aim to find out who shot him? I should really stop looking at NMA F:NV news, before I see something I'll regret.

Yes - as in, you know it was this guy in a suit, but you have no idea who the hell he is in the beginning of the game and you need to find out and find him.

It's not really that important to the main plot, though, just like finding the GECK or Water Chip - it's just the beginning of the real main story.

The only feasible way I see this "one month later" dirt nap working is if you were a ghoul.

Other than that I just take it as a video from the game... don't know if it is really the opening or a flashback from later in the game or whatever.

So... when you're a chick you're still a guy lying there on the ground ?
Or do you pick your gender while the Doc is working on you ? :clap:

Sytxferryman said:
The only feasible way I see this "one month later" dirt nap working is if you were a ghoul.

Other than that I just take it as a video from the game... don't know if it is really the opening or a flashback from later in the game or whatever.

It is the opening.

Gaspard said:
So... when you're a chick you're still a guy lying there on the ground ?
Or do you pick your gender while the Doc is working on you ? :clap:

When on ground, you can't see if the body is male or female. Also I think that's why he wears hand protection: So you can't see if these are male or female hands.

And then we can have the Doc ask us "just lemme look in your pants here, are you a boy or a girl?"

Immersive!

And then, when you meet Benny next time, he asks: "Wait, haven't you been a guy last time we met each other?"

Back