Fallout: New Vegas opening cinematic revealed

Jay-F said:
God dammit, even Fallout 1 had better cutscenes. Where are all those flashy highpoly graphics videogames nowadays are all about when you need em.
Agreed - the guy in the background of the burial scene, holding a shovel, mouth open, swaying left and right, blinking furiously and staring at the camera... positively cringe-worthy!!!

That completely ruins the feel of the video. And it's right after the nice detailed shot of the night-vision sniper. Bah!

Brother None said:
And then we can have the Doc ask us "just lemme look in your pants here, are you a boy or a girl?"

Immersive!

Maybe they'll do it like in Leather goddesses of Phobos. :D The first action you have to do is going to the bathroom and your gender is determined by the room you enter. :)

The pitch-black background in the shooting part really doesn't help lo-res models& textures :/

Characters look like creepy rubber dolls or somethin'.

Hate those guys in suits. I know it's Vegas, but come on! Where did they get those super-clean clothes that shine like an oiled baby ass?

Probably forget this is a Fallout game and judge it on its own merits i think.

The strip is really scene/genre/environment breaking for me. Just seems so out of place in a post apocalyptic game.

The people in the scene are supposed to look like the talking heads from Fallout 1 and 2 or something.

I liked the slow pan-out from Vegas, but the burial scene was a bit iffy. Mr. Perry had a bit of a weird pause between when he said he wasn't a "fink" and when he called that guy a dick, the "18-karats of bad luck" line was odd, and that guy on the right of Benny went from anger, anxiety, and eagerness in like 20 seconds.

thanks lexx ;)

watched it. it's not bad up until a certain point (and I'm really glad I saw a couple of broken lightbulbs :D), but it's too long with too much going on.

The romans sneaking up on the city just had me laugh out loud. They totally don't fit. Then again: what does fit? Getting a bit tired of how a Fallout atmosphere is created: old song, eery empty feeling, it's become quite formulaic. In this case it's extra painful because nothing shown refers to Fallout lore. It's just a bunch of weird stuff with the Fallout atmosphere rubbed into it.

I don't like it.

Thank you Lexx.

I mostly agree with alec.
And animation for guys burying you is just terrible.

What the hell does that "One month later" mean? That the PC has been buried alive for one month? I hope not :D

Some dude just added it in to link the two pieces together... badly.

Well it did have NCR soldiers waving their flags about so there was a teeny tiny bit of lore but that is reaching a bit.

The dude on the right in the burial scene is really badly animated, I see where they were trying to go having the excited one and the stoic one, didn't help the lighting on his face was plain weird.

Back