Fallout: The Frontier - Released!

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Proletären, Jan 15, 2021.

1. cordelionreaver

cordelionreaver Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 29, 2015
    Yeah, they're great. As soon he said he was going to the theme park first, I knew it was going to be hilarious.

I didn't like when Lonesome Road tried the guilt tripping, I am sure as hell am not going to like when bad fan fic writers try it. Trying to place blame for the Divide's(its amazing how many people get this wrong) destruction is like saying mailmen who delivered letters with anthrax should be charged criminally.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  2. Iprovidelittlepianos

Iprovidelittlepianos Look, Ma! Two Heads!

May 12, 2020
    At least some of these guys seem like they’d have accounts here. You aren’t one of them, are you?

3. cordelionreaver

Nov 29, 2015
    No, just a fan.

4. RangerBoo

RangerBoo I torture myself playing shitty games.

Jun 15, 2015
    Oh! Learned from someone on the Four Decent Friends comment section that /v/ found out that Tgspy is friends on Nexus with two cub diaper furries that have Ink Bunny accounts like Zu. Also according to /v/, don't look these two guys up! They are super degenerates. This rabbit hole goes deeper. While I feel sorry for the people that made the worldspace, interiors, armors, effects, meshes and textures, the writers and lead devs are nothing but a bunch of fucking degenerates who took advantage of peoples love for New Vegas, which is funny as the lead devs and writers hate New Vegas and the OG Fallout's. God, the lead devs remind me of the monorail salesman from The Simpsons.

5. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    We hear you guys love New Vegas
    Check out our mod it's quite heinous.

Is it friendly with the lore?
    Only if you've never played a Fallout game before!

Can I have sex with Lizard Men?
    You bet your life my sick ass friend!

What about the kids who are underage?
    How do you think we got to the top of the Nexus Page!

• [Rad] [Rad] x 6
  6. RangerBoo

Jun 15, 2015
    I also love what went through the minds of the devs with the Legion and Enclave. I imagine that it goes something like this.
    Devs: "Enclave are an evil, fascists, racist Trump supporter power fantasy."
    Players: "But what about the Legion? I mean, they literally crucify people and treat women like breeding stock."
    Devs: "No, the Legion are fine as we made them progressive unlike the Enclave! Look, they have a black woman as a officer!"
    Players: "One, that is lore breaking and two, just because you have a black woman committing evil acts for the Legion doesn't make them progressive. True progress would be them not crucifying and enslaving people. That however will be against the Legion's character as a faction. But you know what faction was progressive and had women and POC in their army? The Enclave!"
    Devs: "Autistic Screeching."

7. 1Punman

1Punman It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jan 29, 2021
    I salute to those folks, for getting through the torture and boredom.

tenor.gif

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  8. 1Punman

Jan 29, 2021
    Weren't romans the original fascists by the definition of the word, and Legion is LARPing as them. I don't understand their thought process.

9. RangerBoo

Jun 15, 2015
    This is the logic of those who get their politics from Discord, Twitter and Reddit. Not a sane one in the bunch. What is funny is that even in New Vegas I believe that Caesar refers to himself as a fascist. However this can be explained as:
    1. The devs never played a Legion character, talked to Caesar or even played New Vegas for that matter.
    2. Many on the mod team, like Odinsword, have a Slave-Master, Domination fetish so Legion gets a pass with them. Just write them to be progressive hipster Portlanders just like the mod authors and everything they do is fine. The Legion are just misunderstood art students after all.
    3. They wanted to make some grand statement about fascisms and Trump supporters like every other insane social justices obsessed faggot on the internet. I maybe a foaming at the mouth loon with a hair trigger temper but I would never want anybody, regardless of their political beliefs, to feel unwelcomed when they play my mods. My job is to entertain not grandstand. Shame that these idiot mod authors didn't get the memo.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 5
  10. 1Punman

Jan 29, 2021
    To be honest, I came here to mock and ridicule the devs, not to feel sad about what could've been.
    tenor (1).gif

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  11. RangerBoo

Jun 15, 2015
    Oh, I want to mock and ridicule them too. The hubris they showed. It was like Icarus flying into the sun and we all know how that story ended.

12. 1Punman

Jan 29, 2021
    Instead just falling into the ocean as Icarus, they were propelled by jet engine in to the asphalt .

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  13. megamike15

megamike15 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 30, 2016

it does not help that i learned that the legion route was written by NazotheDark. a guy that made a whole video essay about how much the someguyseries is trash and it's humor has no place in new vegas because he hates fallout 2 and is gate keeping.

he got backlash for that video and of course he deleted the video like the coward he is.

then you go play his mods and you find out he can't mod for shit as all three of his mods are average at best. and he goes on and on about how someguy broke lore but then you remember he was involved in the progressive legion in the frontier.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  14. 1Punman

Jan 29, 2021
    As a wise man once said...

491.jpg

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  15. megamike15

Mar 30, 2016
    the frontier makes alot more sense when you know who was on the dev team.

rikkurikku made death's last whisper which had a half human half deathclaw hybrid waifu. wrote the deathclaw sex scene.

NazotheDark had a whole gang of female kings in his newest mod that serve no point. he wrote the legion route of the frontier.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 5
  16. Atomic Postman

Atomic Postman Vault Archives Overseer

Mar 16, 2013
    That wasn't what Ulysses was saying in Lonesome Road. This is signalled by him quite literally saying he doesn't blame you in his dialogue.

17. megamike15

Mar 30, 2016
    people seem to miss the point of lonsome road. Ulysses just wanted someone to blame as hopevilles destruction really effected him.

18. Atomic Postman

Atomic Postman Vault Archives Overseer

Mar 16, 2013
    Sort of but not really. He's definitely trying to make sense out of the senseless but it's not about blame, as the player can outright say it's insane to ascribe moral responsibility to the courier for the divide and he replies that he doesn't.

19. Norzan

Norzan Vault Fossil

Apr 7, 2017
    Holy fucking shit, what a way to completely not understand what the Legion is about. The writing in this mod, i swear. This is the last faction that you should even attempt to do this.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  20. cordelionreaver

Nov 29, 2015
    Then why does he want to nuke the Courier's chosen faction? Because he found about the Divide because of you? A action the player didn't do and the character doesn't remember.