First round of Fallout 4 Reviews

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Kilus, Nov 9, 2015.

1. GlowHound

GlowHound Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 12, 2008
    There's also the fact that Bethesda handled the lion's share of New Vegas' QA.

2. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Major game publications are shills whose written rivew betrays their own lack of knowledge about game design and their numerical score runs opposite with the flaws and problems the written review brings up. More news at eleven.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  3. Askorti

Askorti HATE NEWSPAPERS

Jun 30, 2015
    Jim Sterling's take on F4 romance:

Frankly, I get it. I don't exactly agree with this approach on part of Bethesda, but I understand where Jim comes from and after some reflection, I think it's not such a terrible thing. I personally would prefer if characters actually reacted to this polyamory, but to be honest, it's fine.
    Romance in general is not really a thing I need in this type of games, but if you feel like you have to have it, it's fine to do it this way, as long as it's well written. I think it is odd that characters would feel no jealousy, but I guess you could say that after the world's end anything goes.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  4. Marionettetc

Marionettetc Banned

May 15, 2013
    Fallout 4 is a bowl of steamy diarrhea that's only meant to be enjoyed by those of very low intelligence, and teenagers who hunger for the nostalgia of the previous game, that of one from their childhood.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  5. Practicat

Practicat Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 25, 2014
    My prediction of below 90 that I mentioned in the score prediction thread matches the Metacritic average, which currently stands at 89.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 12, 2011
    From RPS review:

WTF is he talking about? Is he equating getting a water chip with searching for your kidnapped child? Or is he confusing FO1 with FO2 where the opening cinematic has the Enclave wiping out people walking out of a Vault for the first time? Or is he just nuts? I'm confused. :P

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  7. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Maybe he thinks Fallout3 was Fallout1. Wouldn't be the first time I hear such retardation.

8. AnchorsAweigh

AnchorsAweigh First time out of the vault

Oct 7, 2012

9. generalissimofurioso

generalissimofurioso The Hole Time Orderite

Jun 17, 2007
    I still feel like the problem with this is that it's just lazy.

Even after the end of the world, people will still be people.

Some will be fine with being in a polyamorous relationship, but others wouldn't.

Characters need to be able to react to player choices and the best characters are able to react in a way that can convince you that they're more than just a pack mule who helps out with the shooting every now and then.

This strikes me more as the variety of "Characters don't react to it because it would be harder to have them react than to not" which, yeah, isn't that big of a deal, but it's symptomatic of Bethesda's approach to writing and design.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  10. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Little lady with the mouth of a sailor

Jun 15, 2015
    We probably won't see any real or honest reviews until a few days or a week after release. Reviewers who Beth trusted and paid are the ones who get the game and review it first. They need to keep the hype going in order to make more money.

11. kostjamoscow

kostjamoscow It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 22, 2015
    And that's ok. It doesn't have to be the perfect game. A 9 on Metacritic is still amazing. We all know that the technical issues are there as with every Bethesda game, that alone is why it shouldn't get a 10.

But overall really excited about what the reviewers say. Going to the night lauch at my local game store tonight.

12. Earth

Earth Vault Senior Citizen

Apr 7, 2013
    I've heard that a number of times. Is that an actual fact with evidence to prove it? (Essentially Bethesda sabotaging (knowingly or not) Obsidian's game) or is it just a rumour that New Vegas fans like me would want to hear?

13. kostjamoscow

Oct 22, 2015
    Haha. You haven't even played it hater.

14. kostjamoscow

Oct 22, 2015
    it's 90 right now.

15. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    No, still 89.

16. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti I know what I'm doing

Oct 6, 2015
    Well the dude specifically says Fallout 1 so I gonna hold him to his word and go for "water chip."

Of course there's plenty of time to find that chip, plus you can choose to send water shipments via the Hub to give you more time but... whatever.

By the way, I'm looking for my son. Middle-aged. Anybody see him?

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  17. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Little lady with the mouth of a sailor

Jun 15, 2015
    Well they didn't want New Vegas to compete with Skyrim. The last thing they wanted was for Obsidian to steal their thunder and have New Vegas out sell Skyrim. Damn shame as New Vegas blows Skyrim out of the water with its RPG mechanics and story.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  18. GlowHound

GlowHound Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 12, 2008
    Just look at the developers list on either Fallout wiki. Bethesda had more testers and the Director of QA.

19. Marionettetc

Marionettetc Banned

May 15, 2013
  20. kostjamoscow

Oct 22, 2015