First round of Fallout 4 Reviews

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Kilus, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Practicat

Practicat Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 25, 2014
    It's the PC one I realized that is 89, currently. After a week, I think the score across all platforms will settle to low 90s, which is expected. Metacritic or press reviews aren't to be highly trusted, of course.

2. Earth

Earth Vault Senior Citizen

Apr 7, 2013
    It is interesting noticing how different the campaign for New Vegas and Skyrim were. I can't even remember New Vegas's trailer, but everyone has seen, and remembers, Skyrim's trailer. Maybe there was a hint of deliberate sabotage on Bethesda's part there, but I dunno. It's a motive, but is there proof? That motive can be countered with, "wouldn't Bethesda want every game it publishes to do well, at least financially?"

3. kostjamoscow

kostjamoscow It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 22, 2015
    BTW this guy also says that the new SPECIAL system is really good and that the quests are interesting and can be resolved in manh different ways.

4. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Surprising it has better scores on Console even tho it's been confirmed it suffers from a lot of performance issues on Consoles.....

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. Joshua

Joshua Hate Newspapers

Nov 5, 2015
    Just because I expect a lot of people to say this kind of thing i.e. we can't judge the game before we play / buy it - that's patently not true. We make our judgement whether a game seems good or not as part of our decision whether to buy it, which is based on reviews, trailers, streams, lets plays etc. Its perfectly valid to have an opinion without playing the game

6. kostjamoscow

kostjamoscow It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 22, 2015
    That's really weird.

7. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Framerate drops on consoles have been confirmed to even reach the single digits sometimes and Loading times are as long as 30 seconds even into already loaded areas...

8. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Simp Slayer

Jun 15, 2015
    True but they own the Fallout IP now. They probably didn't want Obsidian to have credit or out due them in terms of quality with the Fallout IP. "How dare Obsidian make a better and more memorable Fallout game. This is our series now! Nobody out does us!." It kinda reminds me of a teenager who is a member of a football team but is jealous of another player who is better then them and is the star and during the big championship game when every player is needed they go and break the other player legs just to smite them and steal their glory. That is how Beth comes across in terms with Obsidian and New Vegas.

9. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti I know what I'm doing

Oct 6, 2015
    After perusing the article I would say objective.

Mike Suskie says:

Exactly what I've come to expect from a company attempting to maximize short-term profits in the safest, most marketable fashion possible.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  10. Askorti

Askorti HATE NEWSPAPERS

Jun 30, 2015
    Console players have lower expectations than PC owners, I guess?

11. AnchorsAweigh

AnchorsAweigh First time out of the vault

Oct 7, 2012
    A mostly fair review. The most telling bit is at the end, in the parental advisory bit: "For those unfamiliar with the Fallout games, the combat involves watching thousands of enemies get their heads and limbs blown off in slow motion." Bethesda's game design in a nutshell.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  12. Earth

Apr 7, 2013
    Can the QA issue be directly linked to Bethesda though? The three QA testers for New Vegas are all people who worked for Obsidian. None of them have a history with Bethesda, at least, from what I can tell from the wiki. So was it that Bethesda didn't give them enough funding? I'm not well-educated on what Bethesda's role in QA should be so I'm unsure of how much of the blame they should get for this. Should they have lent them members from their team?

13. Marionettetc

Marionettetc Banned

May 15, 2013
    Oh, I have that guy on ignore like all the other Fallout 3 funbois.

Here's a little background info for "kostjamoscow" :He's a 21 year old Russian hipster who thinks that his evaluation of Fallout 3 when he was 15 was nuanced enough to continue to support that shitty game's next release.Thanks for proving my point, and you're still ignored.

14. D Borous

D Borous It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 2, 2015
    You must be a fun fella to be around.

15. GlowHound

GlowHound Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 12, 2008
    Read a bit farther down. There are separate sections for both companies who worked on it.

16. banned85

banned85 First time out of the vault

Jan 16, 2015
    the most active people here are the same the biggest critics of the game

dont you feel that you are wasting your time reading every day another ton of new posts, answering on half of them saying "this is bad" but each time in other form, almost sleeping here and only refreshing the site with half closed eyes to look if there is something new wich i can hate (yes, because activity of some users really looks like that)?

i can't imagine myself spending so many free time on things that i do not like and which i know they never be good again...

17. Earth

Apr 7, 2013
    Ah, found them. Wow, that's a lot of testers...

...Did none of them notice the people sitting in front of, rather than on their chairs?

18. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Well you are here posting about how you think all activity here is "just hate" so you are apparently doing the exact same.

They probably did, but it's on the Publisher to act on fixing those issues they found. And like we have seen with other games they usually hear but don't bother until the consumers complain about the released game having bugs.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  19. Joshua

Joshua Hate Newspapers

Nov 5, 2015
    Says the guy taking his free time just to post on a forum to tell them he doesn't like them

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  20. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 12, 2011
    From Digital Foundry's graphics analysis/comparison:

9.5 game on console, everyone. :clap:

• [Like] [Like] x 6