General Discussion Thread of DOOM

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by TorontoReign, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Yes but being dangerous is what makes them the enemy!

2. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Bo Son oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005

The future of memes is here.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 6
  3. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    A Whole channel of editing Toby into MCU movies? Subbed.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  4. MutantScalper

MutantScalper Мутанты не допускаются

Nov 22, 2009
    All Al Queda needs to do is start a measles epidemic in the States and they win.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  5. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    It's not much better in Europe.
    https://www.france24.com/en/2019082...-measles-eradication-status-as-cases-soar-who
    Four states lost the eradication star, and it's endemic in France and Germany. We're making the vaccine mandatory next year, though.
    Bleach enemas are the wrong way to cure autism, though. You need shit transplants.

Not a joke, btw. Apparently, intestinal microbiome is very important for that and has been shown to positively help autism syndromes.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  7. GonZo_626

GonZo_626 Well Shit!

Jul 29, 2016
    Huh interesting on the shit transfer. I have heard of that as a cure for real IBS before. (not the whiney my tummy hurts kind, but I cant leave the shitter for more than 20min kind)

8. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
  9. Cimmerian Nights

Cimmerian Nights So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2004
    I'll stick to my daily kimchee and occasional kombucha. Enemas only recreationally donchaknow.

10. MutantScalper

MutantScalper Мутанты не допускаются

Nov 22, 2009
  11. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
  12. The Dopamine Cleric

The Dopamine Cleric Orderite

Nov 3, 2007
    Share your poop people.

13. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
  14. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    Jesus fuck WHY are ape-anecdotes so goddamn hard to come by?
    As humans, we always wonder what animals think, but in Koko, Kanzi and other apes, we KNOW because they TELL us - but nobody cares, so nobody reports it - these *statements* by apes are just sunk down in forgotten research papers!
    I remember one gorilla, a friend of Koko, explaining with human words (through sign language, in part learned from Koko) that he could remember his mother being decapitated by humans when he was a baby - and then getting captured by these attacking humans. This shit is WILD, but as always, it's a fucking treasure hunt to find any of these statements!

Another astonishing statement from an ape, is a chimpanzee using symbols, explaining death as "sleeping without waking up". These statements should be world famous quotes, they should be blasted all over the fucking news: CHIMPANZEE CAPABLE OF EXPLAINING DEATH WITH HUMAN LANGUAGE§!!%% But no
    nothing!
    Nobody cares YET we go around dreaming of the day when we'd hypothetically be able to ask an animal what it thinks about stuff

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  15. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    I remember an article about that in Nat Geo several years back. That read was something.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  16. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Didn't Koko also react to Robin Williams' death?

17. zegh8578

Mar 11, 2012
    Indeed, she did signs for "cry", similar to when she lost her kitten "All Ball" (which was named by Koko herself, along with other pets, including a parrot iirc, that she named something like "Red Devil" - words and concepts that she would learn from symbol-maps, similar to those used by chimpanzees)

18. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010

I don't know about this. Gib linkz

19. zegh8578

Mar 11, 2012
    It's a pretty widely reported factoid, I tried giving Googling a try for your benefit, but I take one goddamn look at one more "we care about your privacy"-type popup, and I cry for hours, so... I can't do it anymore. I just can't. But google Koko and Robin Williams death, and you'll swim in articles.

There was also insecurity about wether or not to even inform Koko about Robin Williams' death, because she grew very fond of him, and had suffered many personal losses allready in her past, including a baby and one-or-more pets. They decided in the end to tell her, because she was - after all - an adult person.