General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

I've been playing the Legacy of Duelists Yu-gi-oh game for PC. It's fun as long as you stay away from the 5DS stuff onwards, too many gimmicks make playing this thing just fucking confusing because there seem to be a lot of hidden rules that the game applies without telling you, and well I am convinced I rolled a 1 in luck when I was born because I just get pretty bad hands all the time and always lose the RPS minigame.

Cool beanz.

I've purchased the original Watch_Dogs on Xbox Live for no reason I can imagine. I played the first one and just enjoyed the second. Also, I bought the old Perfect Dark games because there's a distinct lack of cyberpunk on console.

I really need to get to play Dark Souls.

However, I'm tempted to play the latest Telltale Walking Dead games first.

Never seen this thread before.
Anyway, I'm about 45 hours in on my current playthrough of New Vegas, decided to play as a Gunslinger named Clint.
Also casually playing Morrowind.

Might go through Dragon Age Origins after New Vegas however (and then Witcher once I read all the books).
There's also Yakuza 4 I need to start.

And I have Street Fighter Alpha 3 as a background game to get good.
Also waiting for Final Fantasy XV DLC (I should really finish the current chocobo quests thing).

And I have Street Fighter Alpha 3 as a background game to get good.
Also waiting for Final Fantasy XV DLC (I should really finish the current chocobo quests thing).
Me too. Pretty damn good game despite the quirks.

Me too. Pretty damn good game despite the quirks.

I really enjoyed it. Some weird shit, but it's so far one of my favorite games of the current gen (which isn't saying much as the competition has just been MGSV and Witcher 3 so far).

Why the *game you are currently playing* thread was mixed with this one ?

A megathread thread couldn't be less specific...

Playing Starbound plus the Frackin' Universe mod like a sick bastard (coughs and diarrhea quarantine).

It's such an insane amount of content I got mentally tired in the first hours of getting the ropes.

And the story and lore is surprisingly interesting for a craft n' splore game (Terraria and Minecraft I'm looking at you). The races have some interesting qualities, be it two of them having predated to near extinction the other, forcing them to a whole new biome and leaving a lot of their heritage behind, a complete race subjugated to forced evolution under a mister opus totalitarian leader (empathy with my Stellaris playthroughs lol), and a robot AI race stagnated in the Middle Ages period who deal with their purpose and will.

And building is a damn treat. Not as shitty as Terraria's, no need for Dirt infrastructure and a helluva lot of blocks and furniture.

Hope I can (fool) get some friends to play it instead of Terra 1.3.4

Why the *game you are currently playing* thread was mixed with this one ?

A megathread thread couldn't be less specific...

Because people feel like if they aren't playing the game they can't post or something. No one ever really posts gaming pics in the old thread, more like couple sentence descriptions of shit they were playing. Any screenshot pic or gaming news thread here has died pretty quickly. This will free things up a little. More specific threads can always be added.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm torn between playing Dark Souls (at last) and starting a Resident Evil-a-thon since I've never played Resident Evil 4 and the various Xbox sequels.

I was a fan way back when, though.

Roll a dice! DS isn't getting any older nor more populated lol. RE might sharpen your Japanese game design-
Resident Evil 4 and the various Xbox sequels.
:naughty:
People is crazy about RE's split. Half my friends adore those, the other is their Fallout 4,

Resident Evil 4 was still a survival horror and the gameplay was really good, specially for the time. RE5 is like the FOBOS of the series and RE6 is like Fallout 4.

Still, one of the older guys (been since most franchises' start) hates RE4's guts. Think it was for flat out love for the originals thus disappoint.

Just saw a bit of RE6 on a friend's PS and wow, it had all the cliches they thought they could get away with. EVERY zombie was "dead" first time you passed and obviously awakened on the way back. Plus "save the president" lol

Anyway I'm playing a mix of my go to's (FTL, NT, RoR), coop Stellaris and Modded Starbound.

Btw, spending more time in the Chucklefish forums (use xenforo too) makes me think either they are super Like/Follow-happy and a cuddly place or NMA is dark and cold and damn @Walpknut hoards likes.

Mass Effect 2 along with Witcher 2. I don't know why. But it sure helps to see where the priorities of gamedesigners from west and eastern europe lies and who's better at producing games.

Resident Evil 4 was still a survival horror and the gameplay was really good, specially for the time. RE5 is like the FOBOS of the series and RE6 is like Fallout 4.

In fact, I really really hated RE6 and couldn't even get to play it because the game felt like it didn't want me actually in the controls.

http://unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/2012/10/resident-evil-six-review.html

So far, I'm enjoying Resident Evil 4 even if I forgot how much I hate the difficulty of moving around your character to shoot things.

Note: RE6 was the FIRST bad review on my blog. 3/10

Still, one of the older guys (been since most franchises' start) hates RE4's guts. Think it was for flat out love for the originals thus disappoint.

I am torn between making a comment on these forums and not.

So very torn.

Back