General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

I am torn between making a comment on these forums and not.

So very torn
Hm? On Resident Evil?

Ah, played RE7 with a friend last week. Good moments, but eh. Couldn't shake off that we could have been playing Silent Hill 1 or REmake

Hm? On Resident Evil?

Ah, played RE7 with a friend last week. Good moments, but eh. Couldn't shake off that we could have been playing Silent Hill 1 or REmake

Just the note this is the forum which is all about how the originals are classics and going a new direction sucks.

:)

I was drawn into Resident Evil again by RE7. It looks like a great game but very much feels like Silent Hill or a new franchise since it's about a crazy leather-face family.

Just the note this is the forum which is all about how the originals are classics and going a new direction sucks.

It's not about going to a new direction, it's about going THE WRONG direction. That's why FNV is so loved and Fo3 midly respected.

Was RE6 god for "advancing"? No, it just sucked.

I was drawn into Resident Evil again by RE7. It looks like a great game but very much feels like Silent Hill or a new franchise since it's about a crazy leather-face family.

RE7 left me kind of cold, really. After SOMA, most if not all horror game protagonists sound like retarded puppets. So many times they guy should have gone "Hey! You!" or bloody turn back. The guy from SH2 was there becouse he waqs depressed and had not much to live for, even a death wish was guiding him. Simon Jarret had literally no other option and had enough will to keep on and help everybody he could.

Ethan? WERS MOI WIFE, I'm gonna enter a house that screams of "people died here" and not with a gun or the police (...) when i got an e-mail that literallly anybody could have sent nowadays. 3 years have passed and I'll practically put myself in a guillotine when i probably have moved on by now.

And gameplay-wise isn't that amazing, but maybe it's becouse I played only the Revelations games and some of RE1 and they proved a lot more interesting IMO.

Louisiana was beautiful when shown, though.

As per the topic, I've been on a From Software marathon with Dark Souls and Bloodborne. I'm gonna miss my trusty Lightning Gargoyle Halberd when I finally finish Dark Souls.

That's a gross misinterpretation of the site and you of all people should know it. Shame on you, filthy regular :P.

New directions are welcome if done right. That's why New Vegas going a different direction from 3's everything and 2's goofiness wound up being for the best. Going in the wrong one (like RE turning into an action game with survival horror elements like limited ammo) is always bad.

I'm gonna miss my trusty Lightning Gargoyle Halberd when I finally finish Dark Souls.
The one and true way is the one of the Claymore! Face me, boss drop scrub! What is this, Borderlands!?

Also, Return to Drangleic is planned for Feb 25-Mar 11 so if you think of giving DS2 another go that's the perfect time.

Lately not much, got a job so i dont have much free time, but when i do, GTA Online with friends, TTW, Fallout 2 and FTL or Convoy. Been thinking to replay Max Payne series, and some older games.

The one and true way is the one of the Claymore! Face me, boss drop scrub! What is this, Borderlands!?
Ornstein and Smough would like a word with you. They certainly know the power of a +10 weapon even if it is a boss drop. :smug:

But in all seriousness, I have some back-up weapons (like a certain bass cannon) and the Halberd was useful to keep my character from fat-rolling around plus I wanted a fast long ranged PvE weapon. Besides, I'm on New Game+ now so I may have to use other weapons in case the Halberd no longer scales well.

Still need to make the Cursed Greatsword of Artorias though.

Couldn't find Dragon Quest 8 for the 3DS anywhere around here, so I had to order it from Amazon, hope it gets here soon, but it's peobably gonna be a week at least.

I am thinking of buying Sonic Lost World. Reading Steam reviews on a Sonic game is not such a good idea, half of them are joke reviews and the negative ones like to rant about stupid shit like the plot on a fucking Sonic game so those are obviously reviews by the kind of Fanboy who thinks Shadow the Edgehog is hardcore. I liked generations and Colors, how does this one play compared to them?

Last edited:
Ornstein and Smough would like a word with you. They certainly know the power of a +10 weapon even if it is a boss drop. :smug:

But in all seriousness, I have some back-up weapons (like a certain bass cannon) and the Halberd was useful to keep my character from fat-rolling around plus I wanted a fast long ranged PvE weapon. Besides, I'm on New Game+ now so I may have to use other weapons in case the Halberd no longer scales well.

Still need to make the Cursed Greatsword of Artorias though.
when I sherpa'd a friend through, he got to +3 the Crystal Halberd in a flash (even if I explained 20 times what did infusions do). A bunch of chunks wasted, but O&S lasted 30 seconds approximately.

Luckily I got salty (pretended... Mostly) so he would get out of his head the MOR DPS mindset he had from playing 1000h of Borderlands 2. Still working on it while we did DS3

Crystal gear? :scratch: The only thing I can think of using crystal gear is to get the achievement (in fact, that's why I have quite a lot of odd gear).
No, it's becouse he was like BUT LOOK AT ALL THIS DMG o_O

After the boss it breaks and I say "Those were like 6-7 chunks, y'know"

No, it's becouse he was like BUT LOOK AT ALL THIS DMG o_O

After the boss it breaks and I say "Those were like 6-7 chunks, y'know"
This is why I never bothered with crystal gear unless I want to get the achievement for getting the highest leveled crystal gear as a completionist.

I would love to play that mistery type FPS games like Vanisihing of Ethan Carter game, and Kholat, that style of games, just don't know many names. I know one exists where it's set in 60's and you have to find out something in a farmhouse but i forgot the name..

I would love to play that mistery type FPS games like Vanisihing of Ethan Carter game, and Kholat, that style of games, just don't know many names. I know one exists where it's set in 60's and you have to find out something in a farmhouse but i forgot the name..
You mean walking simulators?
Be it Beginner's Guide, Stanley Parable, Firewatch...
There are also the more lenient to horror, like SOMA (the best IMO), Layers of Fear...
No idea at all about the farmhouse one, though.

You mean walking simulators?
Be it Beginner's Guide, Stanley Parable, Firewatch...
There are also the more lenient to horror, like SOMA (the best IMO), Layers of Fear...
No idea at all about the farmhouse one, though.

Yeah they could be called walking simulators, but i'm sort of tired of jumpscares, generic knife or chainsaw wielding maniacs, but want more of a "thrill", feeling uneasy/scared all the time because of the unknown, and a good story. Will check out those games you posted.

Yeah they could be called walking simulators, but i'm sort of tired of jumpscares, generic knife or chainsaw wielding maniacs, but want more of a "thrill", feeling uneasy/scared all the time because of the unknown, and a good story. Will check out those games you posted.
Don't count Layers of Fear then, heh. Frictional Games' other products are better IMO. Stanley and Begginer's are pretty experimental on the medium of video games, heard very good things of Firewatch and SOMA is my favourite horror game, that could be said it's not. The Long Dark would be too in a very loose definition of the genre, I guess.
Certainly missing stuff, of course.

Ohh boy. Been playing quite a lot recently so here we go!

Prety much 100% done with Resident evil 7 untill the DLC's starts to pop up. Missed 2 achievements aswell but they are easy so i will do them soon when i can be arsed.

Tried Unreal again for the first time in 17 years or something "?" i do not understand how people can like that game. The levels are crap the enemies are mostly boring and half the weapons are meh/useless. Not sure if i will finish the game but i am not far off right now. Will try the second one after as i don't remeber why i never went far in that one.

Still playing Resident evil revelations but only 1 mission per day to get the last achievement on residentevil.net That one has keep the game installed for way to long and i can't wait for it to be over. Soon there tho!

Got a free copy of Betrayer from a friend and that game was actually better than expected. Sadly you are doing the same thing over and over and there is 0 replayability. Still fun for what it is and it does look cool!
PzZxpHD.jpg

Installed APB Reloaded again like a month ago. Was about to spend more money on that fucking game but the sale ended 1 day before i got paid. With that money i bought Deus Ex mankind divided + Seasonpass + Deus ex the fall + 7 "?" dlc's for Company of heroes 2, Spent a bit extra and got Resident evil 7 season pass for cheaps aswell. Worth it! Kinda...? Maybe not but still.

Can't wait for the new game by the guys who made stasis. Stasis and CAYNE made me lust for more.

On a side note i also decided to pick up Skyrim/Fallout NV and Fallout 4 again but the nexus minigame made me not start any of them.. Curse you mods!

Edit: Done with Unreal and it was just as bad all the way.. At least Return to Napali is more fun so far! Can't say a lot of bad things about that mission pack! Waaaay better than the original game but so far i'm only on the 3d level i think.

Last edited:
Back