Fallout 2 mod Getting ready for Fallout Sonora translation

I have a very basic level in Russian, but we all do have some money in our pocket we can't wait to throw to this project. It may work if we were to create a platform for donations, and then use that money on professional translators to get the job nailed quickly?

On a second note, I am a professional filmmaker and would gladly help record an english version of the voice-over, if there is one similar to the archival movie from Nevada.

Try to avoid spoilers for as long as you can - the story in Sonora is really good, its unexpected turns is literally the best thing in it.
I hope BlackDesigner will continue making games.

Registered just to post ITT.

I'd like to join the translation team, if possible - I'm Russian and my English is pretty good. However, I'm not experienced with Fallout 1/2 modding at all. I'd also suggest that a native English speaker should be one of the coordinators, since, I guess, most of the final translation team would end up consisting of Russians and there inevitably would be some mistakes and lost-in-translation stuff. Ideally, a native Mexican Spanish speaker would be great for rectifying any mistakes made with the Spanish phrases in the game.

I haven't played Sonora yet (I just started my Nevada playthrough a week ago), but I don't care about getting spoiled.

Last edited:
I guess we'll start translating once we play through the game, the game is massive, dont know if any of us have the energy to do it again, plus everything going on in the world is gonna affect the progress.

One suggestion - it might be a silly suggestion - just do the items, scenery, walls, etc, the fundamentals first...and when it comes to the dialogues just finish one location at a time.

I'm still in Sonora, despite being a smaller game, I still struggle to finish it fast, and don't wan't to. If there's still people interested doing translation, please be vocal. But as for myself, I won't start 'til I finish the game at least for one time.

It'll be a while before I start actually playing Sonora due to my gaming backlog and RL stuff, so I'll just start translating when people are ready. Please PM me when it begins.

Hi,

Could You guys share the translated English files with me so that I can start translating it into Polish? I can also help translate in English as far as I can but my Russian is very poor nad my English level is C1.

Hi,

Could You guys share the translated English files with me so that I can start translating it into Polish? I can also help translate in English as far as I can but my Russian is very poor nad my English level is C1.

Now hold "yer" horses Stormer English translation ain't started yet. Guys are playing the game for the first time now, so they know what and how to translate.

I said on Your forums that the game is released, but as I said, I was not sure it was already translated into English. Anyway somebody deleted my post there anyways.

EDIT:
It appears that my post on Your forum got back online.
anyways, I didn't mention anything about translation there. Now as I'm saying Fo:Sonora translation is still a song of the future, guys claim that on russian forums ppl still complain about unplayable glitches. I have no idea whether those glitches have been fixed, however *until* they manage to coplete the game at least once + the translation team crystalizes itself, we have nothing but to wait ergo:

"#zostanwdomu" i graj w Nevadę /#StayAtHome and Play Fo:Nevada

Last edited:
Thanks for information. I can't wait until I can start translating, but I will as Long as it is necesarry.

guys claim that on russian forums ppl still complain about unplayable glitches. I have no idea whether those glitches have been fixed, however *until* they manage to coplete the game at least once + the translation team crystalizes itself, we have nothing but to wait ergo:
Can confirm, bugs are aplenty. Nothing that completely broke my game yet, but a few came pretty close.

Hello all! Just saw this project on Reddit and thought i might be of help. I study Russian Language and Literature in Istanbul University. It's my third year in and I can say my Russian is not bad, i translated a few films here and there but nothing this serious and time demanding. I might not be as good as native speakers, but if you need help I would be more than glad to join. I have a lot of free time due to outbreak and universities closing so i might be able to work on this project a lot. Cheers, take care!

Note: Being a native Turkish speaker, i would glady translate this to Turkish if it is OK.

Здравствуйте друзья! Я видел этот проект на реддите и я думал, что смогу помочь. Я изучаю Русский Язык и Литературу в Стамбульском Университете на третьем курсе. Я неплохо говорю Русский, по моему. Я перевел несколько фильмов, но ничего серьезного. Возможно, я не так хорош, как русскоговорящие. Но если вам нужна помощь, я был бы очень рад помочь вам. У меня много свободного времени из-за пандемии и закрытия университетов и благодаря этому я могу много работать над этим проектом. Удачи вам! Следите за собой.

П.С. : турецкий - мой родной язык. Я бы с удовольствием перевел это на турецкий, если с вами все в порядке.

It's my third year in and I can say my Russian is not bad, i translated a few films here and there but nothing this serious and time demanding. I might not be as good as native speakers, but if you need help I would be more than glad to join. I have a lot of free time due to outbreak and universities closing so i might be able to work on this project a lot. Cheers, take care!
Since the others are currently playing it for now before beginning the project, would you care playing and finishing it once, to get a feel on how much work it would need to do as a whole so it can be shared with the others? Not to mention bughunting, which is as crucial.

Here, grab the v1.0 release right below

Since the others are currently playing it for now before beginning the project, would you care playing and finishing it once, to get a feel on how much work it would need to do as a whole so it can be shared with the others? Not to mention bughunting, which is as crucial.

Here, grab the v1.0 release right below

Great, i will be playing it as soon as possible. Thank you. I will try to take notes and make a report out of it.

Note: Being a native Turkish speaker, i would glady translate this to Turkish if it is OK.

If the Nevada translation project taught me anything, it's that there's a lot to translate. Definitely not something I'd recommend taking on by yourself if you value your own sanity.

english translation of fallout sonora is almost finished almost all files are done
dwownload translation here
https://www.easypaste.org/file/Nl3AVDWa/fosonoratext.rar?lang=pl

just click "pobierz plik" download speed = wolne ściaganie

Its not mine translation, i want to somebody finish this translation dialogue files are done other must be transalted so i give you this pls somebody finish it ok

Last edited:
Back