Gun Control

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Throatpunch, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Antiwarprofallout

Antiwarprofallout It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 13, 2016
  2. Throatpunch

Throatpunch Banned

Apr 14, 2016
    So a friend or family member who owns a gun. That problem would be solved if they were prohibited, and non of the family members would own guns.
    And on the subject of illegal sources, its almost comically easy to smuggle/do illegal shit with guns in murica because your laws are so lax.

3. Throatpunch

Throatpunch Banned

Apr 14, 2016
  4. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    The best part is you think it is because of guns.

5. Vergil

Vergil Banned

Jul 8, 2014
    >presents facts and statistics
    >y-you're wrong anyway because I say so!
    Quit using points already debunked earlier in the thread. Like I said, strict gun control countries like Mexico and places in Europe still get guns. Refer to the my previous post about Mexico and look at this post about Europe.
    Do you know where the majority of those attacks happen and by whom? Because I don't think it's a direction you want this thread to go.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. Throatpunch

Throatpunch Banned

Apr 14, 2016
    Enlighten me

7. Antiwarprofallout

Jun 13, 2016
    Yeah f**k logic, let's just do a kneejerk reaction and everything will be all right, even though these laws don't prevent terrorists from getting weapons, don't prevent criminals from getting them, and don't have much bearing on crime!

Note, most of these "mass shootings" you're talking about count casualties, not kills. The difference is that casualties include injuries not just kills.

8. Throatpunch

Throatpunch Banned

Apr 14, 2016
    Evidence?

Vergil, that post about Europe shows that many of the gun runners are bring arrested. And its stopping in slovakia. And I wasn't denying stats when I talked about your smuggling in the USA. Just explaining why it's so bad. Its easier to smuggle in the US because of your lax laws.
    Many of them were kills, and because some were casualties doesn't really harm my side of the argument.

9. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    That doesn't even make sense. if you had lax gun laws it would make getting firearms illegally, mute. I bet you have the idea you can just stroll right in and pick a gun out of the gun aisle at Wal-Mart.

10. Throatpunch

Throatpunch Banned

Apr 14, 2016
  11. Vergil

Vergil Banned

Jul 8, 2014
    The majority of gun related crimes (especially homicide) is black on black (and sometimes black on white) violence in majority black areas. A lot of the time involving gang related activity. So it's not an epidemic of random people walking around and lighting up schools all the time. It's generally blacks shooting other blacks. I'm going to get crucified here but that's what the stats show. Don't shoot the messenger.
    http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/soci.../2015/12/15-guns-race-different-worlds-reeves
    http://www.nationalreview.com/article/420565/charleston-shooting-obama-race-crime
    http://www.amren.com/news/2015/07/new-doj-statistics-on-race-and-violent-crime/
    Yet with all those gun laws theres still all those gun runners and more out there.
    ....and continuing elsewhere just as strong.
    Right, you just refuse to post any yourself.
    [CITATION NEEDED]
    If lax gun laws are to blame for gun crimes than why is Mexico such a cartel ridden shithole and why have some of the biggest terror attacks in recent history happened in France? And if it's so easy to get a gun legally why are the majority of crimes happening with illegal firearms?

• [Like] [Like] x 1
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  12. Antiwarprofallout

Jun 13, 2016
    Yes it does, one person dead and two who got grazed by bullets isn't a mass shooting.

“You can find Kalashnikovs for sale near the train station in Brussels,” acknowledged a Brussels-based European Union official who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak on the record. “They’re available even to very average criminals.”

And it is still that easy to buy guns in Europe.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  13. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    The real problem aren't guns. It's gun culture.

14. Vergil

Vergil Banned

Jul 8, 2014
    It's not people who hang around gun clubs who are shooting people.

15. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Wait... Vergil you know how you keep on mentioning that banning guns won't stop criminals from getting guns? I agree, that makes sense. What doesn't make sense is that countries that ban guns utterly don't have as much mass shootings or shootings in general (like Australia) even though civilians wouldn't be able to defend themselves...

16. Vergil

Vergil Banned

Jul 8, 2014
    You mean like France?
    Also comparing comparing the crime statistics of Australia and the United States (who has States with a larger population than your entire country) is ridiculous.

17. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Yes, I mean countries like France and Germany. Even while their countries are filled with migrants, have relatively low security (being improved) and a really close distance to ISIS territory... they still get less mass shootings then America.

18. Erich van Loon

Erich van Loon Polish Winged Hussar

May 23, 2016
    >France

>Napoleon Flair

I say it checks out.

19. Vergil

Vergil Banned

Jul 8, 2014
    I've already addressed this, please actually read the thread before responding.

20. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    You've only addressed the problem in Mexico. Which is OBVIOUSLY like the US, France, Germany and UK.

Jesus man, but do better.