Historical politicians thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Throatpunch, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    You're right, West Germany sent a hospital ship, the "Helgoland", to treat vietnamese civilians, and the East German Stasi was apparently involved with the vietnamese communist government.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. Risewild

Risewild Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    Not only did Portugal had nothing to do with the Vietnam War, it also publicly opposed it (although it was more because of America criticising a similar war Portugal had in its African colonies).
    Here is an interesting paper about it:
    http://www.academia.edu/8932157/Ant..._Portuguese_Opposition_during_the_Vietnam_War

3. Izak

Izak I Shot The ALBATROSS

Jan 29, 2016
    Yeah, I figured that out after googling the Vietnam war, the majority of European nations stayed out of Vietnam, guess I should've fact checked before posting.
    Still, I commend De Gaulle for trying to keep France out of the shit show that was the Cold War.
    I thought you were against British involvement in the EU.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  4. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    Too simple:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

6. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    Doesn't explain the biology of Nazis!

7. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    It kind of does, I mean, real life nazis are rarely like the propaganda posters, so... we're dealing with millions of people with feelings of inadequacy, who then seek to mass-project these on others.

Nazism as a policy was more a typical "divide and conquer" mind-set, like these ideas often are. It's about power. The details of the ideology are just who to blame, where, how and why, the main point is the power gained by catering to people's weaknesses

A local example

Henry Rinnan, the tiny, unibrow jewish looking guy was one of the most notorious nazis in Trondheim, who murdered and tortured a lot of locals.
    He was observed and finally hand-picked by the Germans, after he had been sulking around in a cafe, angry at the world, and with immense feelings of inadequacy (having lost many jobs, as well as being bullied as a kid, for looking like a foreigner)

8. Throatpunch

Throatpunch Banned

Apr 14, 2016
    I was very against it until I learned that 45% of our trade goes to Europe and about the huge scientific grants Brussels provides.

9. RoboStang

RoboStang First time out of the vault

Jun 10, 2016
    Well I mean in general German/Aryan girls are attractive as f*ck so...

upload_2016-6-22_13-47-24.png upload_2016-6-22_13-47-53.png upload_2016-6-22_13-48-42.png

amiright???

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  10. Throatpunch

Throatpunch Banned

Apr 14, 2016

11. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    After denazification though!

Those girls you showed had probably some GI as grandfather!

12. Throatpunch

Throatpunch Banned

Apr 14, 2016
    Don't ruin it Crni. We were in our element staring at sexy Aryans and you crashed the party with some frigid Nazis.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  13. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    I am not even sure if those are females. Dudes with long hair? Who knows ...

14. Throatpunch

Throatpunch Banned

Apr 14, 2016

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  15. Illuminati Confirmed!

Illuminati Confirmed! Banned

Dec 15, 2015
    Fritz seems happy to have evaded capture and torture by dressing up as a woman, but Hans feels quite embarrassed and is asking himself whether it was truly worth it.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  16. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    Reminds me to this documentation, The Confederate States of America. Basically a, what if the South won the civil war in the US. In one scene, they show Abraham Lincoln fleeing to Canada, disguised as a black man. A black woman helping him says, well Mr. President, now we are both niggers.
    By the way, Abraham was a damn fine President. And Vampire hunter! How often do you get that combo? Well Roosevelt was also known to hunt Werwolfes - do you remember the game Nocturne?

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  17. comscar

comscar It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 8, 2009
    Alright, favorite politician, the based Józef Piłsudski. Stopped a massive attack from Lenin in the 1920s. There's a big photo of him in a Polski pub I go to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Józef_Piłsudski

Has Nocturne aged well? I haven't played it since I was a kid long ago and thought of getting in it, but I don't want to kill the nostalgia.. you know how it is going to an old game and finding how poor it really is today...

18. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    While helping attack the Soviets as well. What go's around, comes around.

19. Buxbaum666

Buxbaum666 Heterostructured Nanorod oTO Orderite

Dec 5, 2003
    Totally.

Context:
    A German family of right-wing conspiracy theorists are seeking refuge in Russia because Germany isn't a sovereign country but a company. We are not German citizens but employees of this company and allied occupation is still going on. Also we're being killed by vaccines and everyone is forcibly implanted with a control chip by the government.
    The family of 6, including two small children, stayed in a hostel for several weeks and are now residing in their VW bus because they ran out of money.

20. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Lol, I hope we let them in so they can spread the truth.