How'd you get your username?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Sduibek, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    Reminds me of PoE spirit type beings.
    You should apply at Obsidian as concept artist. :p

2. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    I would like to do some work for them or other companies, so much for sure!

3. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    YOU'RE MOMS A TURRIAN STRIPPER LOL

4. TMNTSPYVSSPY

TMNTSPYVSSPY First time out of the vault

Apr 23, 2014
    Lol, It started when me and my friend were making E-mails for online video games... We both based ours off of things that were in our View range. He saw a gun, so his was gun related. I looked over and saw 2 NES cartridges, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Spy Vs Spy. I just put the two together and its been that since. It is alot better than my old one tho... Invader JiM was terrible

5. FOvet

FOvet Wandering the Wastelands

Aug 26, 2012
    My username is pretty self-explanatory. FO is obviously Fallout and "Vet" is actually a twofold reference. First, I've played and beaten both FO1 and FO2 several times, therefor I consider myself a veteran of the series. Second, I have been a fan since the original Fallout game's release just about (I was *slightly* late in discovering the game, but not by much--Fallout 2 wasn't quite out yet!). So, I'm one of those old school fallout fans--also making me, in my eyes, a veteran of the series (and it also kinda shows my age, LOL).

I did briefly consider using the username SergeantDornan, but I decided against it, deeming FOvet to be a superior username :)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. 5545Trey

5545Trey Underground Deviant

Jun 25, 2014
    From my first name, the numbers were just random.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  7. naossano

naossano So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Oct 19, 2006
    I recall that it have more than 15 years. I wrote it before using internet as a pun.
    Sano - Sanosuke Sagara (Rurouni Kenshin)
    naos - hidden pun for naze (shitty)

The Shitty Sanosuke. (that got his ass kicked by Saito on the first volume i read)

8. TheChosen1

TheChosen1 Moving Target

Nov 8, 2012
    I was lazy when creating my profile, really should find a way to change it to something more creative.

9. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Carbon Dated and Proud

Nov 26, 2007
    BN told me my username was the worst, so I offered my current User name, and that's what he changed it to. :cool:

*Obviously "Gizmo" was taken early at NMA, but Gizmo hasn't logged in for years [afaik]; My original user name was 'Gizmo.'

Gizmojunk is the name of some accounts where I store Fallout related media and fan-art.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  10. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    It's an abbreviation of 4 early usernames I used on and off. Sat in class, new idea, "zghe" "ehgz" etc, "zegh" had a nice space-evil-alien ring to it, sortof cheesy ":V"
    8578 are just numericals for "zegh" according to whatever, extremely pretentious, I know, but I got used to it, and I still like the space-evil-alien-cheese ring to it :V

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  11. Drunk Wally

Drunk Wally Mesquina me... What?

Feb 24, 2014
    My turtle is named Wally. And the 'Drunk' part... I don't know, it just came.

12. SnapSlav

SnapSlav NMA's local DotA fanatic

Jul 1, 2012
    To be honest, makes me think of pirates, not space aliens.

No, really. Pirates! =D When I read your name, I always pronounce it in my head like "Zeff", so that's why. =)

13. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    Same shit really :D You could think of corrupt perverted cops as well, "Zed" from Pulp Fiction. I think it's the Z :D

14. SnapSlav

SnapSlav NMA's local DotA fanatic

Jul 1, 2012
    Zed, huh? So, you mean, another pirate? XD

15. HakuninIsUseless

HakuninIsUseless First time out of the vault

Jul 27, 2014
    My name was bestowed upon me by the celestial gods when they realised that I hate Hakunin's useless face.

Either that or it was the only thing I could think of.

16. Post-War Tribal

Post-War Tribal ᗟANN0 the owslendar [REDACTED]

Nov 8, 2018
    I chose mine due to my fascination with Fallouts take on post-apocalyptic tribalism.

17. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Carbon Dated and Proud

Nov 26, 2007
    BN changed it from Gizmo. [...to my current, at my suggestion.]

—note the '.'; said it was "the worst username he'd ever saw".

See... Gizmo was of course already taken years before I arrived, but had been dormant for years, so I took Gizmo. /with a dot.

18. Hardboiled Android

Hardboiled Android Vault Senior Citizen

Jun 7, 2015
    I joined the forum when Fallout 4 was announce and I thought the image of Nick Valentine walking through Goodneighbor in the release trailer was cool

19. TJQKA

TJQKA Boomer Anarchist

Sep 21, 2021

20. TorontoReign

TorontoReign ⛧卐⛧ Staff Member Moderator [REDACTED]

Apr 1, 2005
    I actually got my username when I killed another man with the same name.