Initial Impressions: ME: Andromeda (Spoilers Inside)

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by BigGuyCIA, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Supreme Shah Ismail

Supreme Shah Ismail Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Sep 17, 2016
    Finished it, still a 6/10 and that's being kind because I initially enjoyed it.

Weakest bioware game I have ever played. Company should be ashamed of itself.

KOTOR: 9/10, Mass Effect 1: 8/10, Mass Effect 2: 9/10, Mass Effect 3 8/10, Dragon Age Inquisition 9/10, and Andromeda is a huge drop in quality.

I am astounded how shitty it was. I fear for Dragon Age 4...

2. Khannis

Khannis Rebuilding America

Jul 3, 2015
    Wow, you really liked DA:I? I agree with the rest of your ratings (maybe I'd give ME3 like a 7 or 7.5, but it's debatable), but DA:I MMO-fest quests started ruining the game for me, and piercing through the thin veil of reactivity to find that my choices meant jack shit towards the end finished it. I'd give it a 5 or 6/10 at most.

3. ThatZenoGuy

ThatZenoGuy Residential Zealous Evolved Nano Organism

Nov 8, 2016
    I beg to differ.

If it directly funds a company which has terrible ethics for its workers, I'd rather not pay a dime.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  4. CT Phipps

CT Phipps Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Sep 17, 2016
    Weird, I thought everyone agreed the first half of ME:A was the weakest and the latter part was much much better.

Then again, I do think this game picked up the worst elements of Inquisition in terms of busy-work.

also, the damned loading screens between planets.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. brfritos

brfritos Humma Kavulaaaaaaa

Sep 8, 2009
    Sorry for the late response, but better late than never, hun?
    Thanks a lot for your response and for the nice review of the game.

I liked how you compared ME:A to SWTFA because they are the same genre: fantasy sci-fi, not sci-fi.
    Just like LoTR is fantasy... I don't know? Epic fantasy? Fantasy fiction?
    Never liked Tolkien anyway, I find dragons, dwarfs, orcs, medieval heroes and those alike boring as hell.
    But I'm a big fan of Neil Gaiman, go figure (I think is because he uses more witches, demons and mythology on his stories).

Anyway, thanks for letting me know how the game and story works, because I think I will pass at this time.
    In the future or if a promo sale arise and the game costs 10 bucks or so I will try it.

Maybe is like how you've writen and I was expecting something "epic", not something safe.
    The lack of ambition is that high in the game? God help us, because almost everytime a reboot, remake or spin-off is made these days they are all like this.
    I think that's why I didn't liked SWTFA.

I have a confession to make: I only watched SWTFA last month. :wiggle:
    That's rigth, never read the reviews, didn't followed the bandawagon about it and so on.
    Glad I did it, because the story is a heavy rehash of ep 4, 5 and 6; after watching the movie I don't understand the praise about Kyle Ren, Negasonic Teenage Warhead from the Deadpool movie is better (argh); half the scenes I could predict, it really pissed me off while watching I'm saying to myself "this will happen"... and then it happened.

Or nobody saw Harrison Ford dying in the confrontation with his son? Really? Really?

Thanks for your words.

6. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    The game has its downsides.

For me, the Loyalty Quests are far far better than the main or side quests. They really do make a nice little family for Ryder by the end.

7. Prone Squanderer

Prone Squanderer A bit of a Sillius Soddus.

Jan 3, 2016

I know there's been a patch released.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. ThatZenoGuy

Nov 8, 2016
    "My face is tired"

Bitch, your face ain't tired, you're on muscle relaxants!

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  9. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    WOW, I only finished Andromeda tonight.

I admit, I was trying to be a completitionist and I lost a month due to my wife breaking her leg but DAMN that was a long game full of filler.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  10. ThatZenoGuy

Nov 8, 2016
    Welcome to modern gaming.

Make a game which logically takes like 6 hours to beat.

Then add 80 hours of useless filler and stalling.

11. Prone Squanderer

Prone Squanderer A bit of a Sillius Soddus.

Jan 3, 2016
    9/10

• [Like] [Like] x 4
  12. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    It was really really good until the end 1000 hours later!

13. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Hey! You just copied your review of Mass Effect 3 right now >(!

14. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Persona 5 takes 100 hours to Complete with no filler because everything you do has a long lasting effect and you have a limited time table.

15. Supreme Shah Ismail

Supreme Shah Ismail Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Sep 17, 2016

best video on the game I have seen.

16. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    70+ hours if you abuse the Fast Forward key and play on Normal but every bit of content in the game is worth the investment and even the filler-esque bits barely feels like filler.

Can't say the same for what I've seen for ME:A.

17. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Mainstream Western game design is falling into a rut. And nobody is putting fire under their ass because most modern consumers are easily pleased with busy work.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  18. BigGuyCIA

BigGuyCIA Yer fond of me Lobster!

Oct 26, 2016
    No, it's not. For the same reason we don't use Konami as an example for why Japanese game design is falling into a pachinko machine rut.

19. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    But in the case of Western games, the majority of AAA releases are all focused on open world busy work.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  20. Ediros

Ediros Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Feb 4, 2016
    Look at all the big releases in general.

Elex Open World
    Surge open world

There are also games like
    Titanfall, COD and battlefield, which are mostly focused on their open world.

Even Witcher 3 had too many pointless locations especially in Skelige, most of which were some minor loot.

Look at the Skyrim, Shitout 4, both of which give huge open worlds where nothing happens and your actions have got no meaning.

It has been like for the last couple of years and I doubt it will change.

Very few games do Open World correctly.

• [Like] [Like] x 1