Is it possible?Economic collapse and War's brewing?

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
Bal-Sagoth said:
Israel:

50,000 troops
214,000 reserves
300 combat aircraft
800 tanks[2]
Total troops: 264,000
100,000 deployed

Egypt: 240,000
Syria, Jordan, and Iraq: 307,000
957 combat aircraft
2,504 tanks[2]
Total troops: 547,000
240,000 deployed

Israeli Casualties:

776[3]–983[4] killed
4,517 wounded
15 captured[4]
46 aircraft destroyed

Arab Coalition Causalities:

Egypt – 10,000[5]–15,000[6] killed or missing
4,338 captured[7]
Jordan – 700[4]–6,000[8] killed or missing
533 captured[7]
Syria – 2,500 killed
591 captured
Iraq – 10 killed
30 wounded
Total – between 13,200–23,500 killed
5,500+ captured
hundreds of tanks destroyed
452+ aircraft destroyed

Seriously, what else comes to mind at those numbers except for, "Owned" and "roflstomped"?
A HORRIBLE TRAGITY. That is what comes to mind. I always think that when I see the causalities of war. Because using such stupid internet slang like "Owned" and "roflstomped" sound so disrepectfull to those who died. And it sounds really childish to be honest. And before you say" the marines and army officers do it" that is because they just finished a mission and happy that they are still alive.

Bal-Sagoth said:
Sabirah said:
Yep. People being butchered by some country is a "roflstomp". Here's a tip yaar, if you want somebody to care about your argument then you should not use dumb internet talk that only 13 year olds use. Especially if you are talking about state sponsored genocide.

Care about my argument? I sincerely do not care if you sympathize with me or not. What I want to happen is happening. It does not bother me in the slightest if some people on a random internet forum agree with me. Opinions on the internet are a dime a dozen, this is just random debate and talk.

And please, as if only 13 year old's use terms such as "roflstomp". Go youtube videos of Marine and Army Officers who are flying Cobras and Apaches talking over the headset during kills. "Boom Headshot!" and the like are incredibly common, aside from the occasional chuckle as well.

ROFLSTOMPED just seemed very fitting, I am trying to think of another word that completely encompasses the brutal beating that Israel gave the Arab coalition in the Six Day War, and it is just not coming to me. They got completely worked by a country that was smaller, less equipped, and less trained.

Saying "OMG ROFLSTOMP" over a war where actual people died is so beyond wrong I cannot begin to wrap my head around it. I work at a hospital, that's like if one of our patients died of cancer and I was like "OMG THAT CANCER ROFLSTOMPED YOU" I'd sound like a jerk and would rightfully be fired and have to go waiting tables . The only way I can see somebody trivializing an actual death where real people died is if they are sociopaths or teenage boys with severe aggression issues.

Seriously, what else comes to mind at those numbers except for, "Owned" and "roflstomped"?

"Tragedy" and "horror". Then again I'm one of those hopeless people with emotions that feels bad for people who die in a senseless war

Unless you find the notion of collecting and showing such events as hatespeech, there is nothing wrong with that website. Sabirah would like to think that those critical of Islam in the West are a small minority. This is so far from the truth it is not even worth mentioning. You can google up a slew of polls and researches that show the exact opposite. People have a right to be critical, Jihad Watch collects all those reasons into one place

Say I set up a blog called "firang watch" where me and a team of people spent all our waking time talking about the evils of white people and western culture. People would think I'm a racist. But nope, not racist to do that to Muslims, we're all just evil towelheads.

but also capturing major territories and greatly increasing their country in the process

What nice guys the Israeli government is. Taking land that belongs to other people then playing the "god's chosen people" card when people call them out on it. It's like If I crowned myself Rani and took over New York, then when people raised issue with it I cited emperor Bharata as proof that us Indians are superior to everybody.

Ilosar said:
Who the hell cares? Yes, Israel won this war, and a few others, by a pretty wide margin. Nobody disputed it, however. it's like you just to rub it in people's face for no good reason. it doesn't prove any sort of point. I don't care how genius it was from a military standpoint. ''Yay, we beat them evil muslims!'' Big friggin deal.

^that too. Good job Israel won. Might doesn't make right.

Dunno if it was said before earlier but the Chinese realy don't give too much shits about the money.

Why have money, which China is making tons of off of partnerships in Africa, and S. America, when you can have/co-erce the US onto your side at the security council table (which is far more desirable).

If we had somewhat of a balance, the current situation is pretty close. The big five all meet together and make sure the world doesn't go completely into the shitter and kinda police eachother. Any big five nation that decides to over-step its boundaries will get the other beating them like a pinata.

Second, the PRC have NO experience in global policing and really do not have the capability to do so. Its all about power projection and without carrier fleets and bases in foreign lands, the PRC is kinda fucked.

Oh and... if we're talking about civil wars, then there seem to be tensions all over the world, just looking at the really 'Eastern' Eastern Europe you can see people are unhappy and diss their government for constantly stealing money and doing whatever they want with it.

I suppose if it happens, China won't stand by the side.

Sub-Human said:
Oh and... if we're talking about civil wars, then there seem to be tensions all over the world, just looking at the really 'Eastern' Eastern Europe you can see people are unhappy and diss their government for constantly stealing money and doing whatever they want with it.

I suppose if it happens, China won't stand by the side.

What cuntries do you mean?

Russia, Belarus, possibly Ukraine. I've visited the latter two this summer, people complain about stuff and mock their leaders, I don't even have to mention Russia because I've lived there most of my life.

Sub-Human said:
Russia, Belarus, possibly Ukraine. I've visited the latter two this summer, people complain about stuff and mock their leaders, I don't even have to mention Russia because I've lived there most of my life.

Complain behind closed doors yes, but are they actually doing something about it?

Protests and stuff?

Token-not-found said:
Sub-Human said:

Complain behind closed doors yes, but are they actually doing something about it?

Protests and stuff?
There are some protests in Russia (I remember one was in Ukraine, but none in Belarus because they are a totalitarian state), but they usually get sent back to their homes by special ops and police in vans.

Newsworthy sites speak openly against it, you know, since Internet is still not controlled, although considering we have 'voting' (oh really?) in Russia today these sites have been taken down (i.e. Moscow Echo, it has its radio station too, been around for over 10 years, as I remember).

Then again, most people are like me. I'm complaining, but I'm not the person to go out on Red Square (I'm not a Moscowian anyways) and fight police with a flag in my mouth or something. I want a peaceful life. Sure, you could say I'm spreading propaganda, but it's not as strong as you'd think it is.

Sub-Human said:
Token-not-found said:
Sub-Human said:

Protests and stuff?
There are some protests in Russia (I remember one was in Ukraine, but none in Belarus because they are a totalitarian state), but they usually get sent back to their homes by special ops and police in vans.

Newsworthy sites speak openly against it, you know, since Internet is still not controlled, although considering we have 'voting' (oh really?) in Russia today these sites have been taken down (i.e. Moscow Echo, it has its radio station too, been around for over 10 years, as I remember).

Then again, most people are like me. I'm complaining, but I'm not the person to go out on Red Square (I'm not a Moscowian anyways) and fight police with a flag in my mouth or something. I want a peaceful life. Sure, you could say I'm spreading propaganda, but it's not as strong as you'd think it is.

God damn that makes me glad-ish to be living in my country, and that's a great feat.

People here are being boot stomped with the biggest budget cuts in the (at least recent) history of Europe and are free to protest but don't.

I've given up on this country anyway- i'm just waiting to finish my education and try to get out.

Token-not-found said:
Sub-Human said:
Token-not-found said:
Sub-Human said:

Protests and stuff?

God damn that makes me glad-ish to be living in my country, and that's a great feat.

People here are being boot stomped with the biggest budget cuts in the (at least recent) history of Europe and are free to protest but don't.

I've given up on this country anyway- i'm just waiting to finish my education and try to get out.
You can pretty much say I'm out of Russia, but the more I travel and see, the more I realize that this whole dream of the Western Wonderland is just that - a dream.

Which is what it seems like everyone is thinking - they try to get out of their country, be it Somalia or the US, but end up in the same good ol' hellhole.

Sub-Human said:
Token-not-found said:
Sub-Human said:
Token-not-found said:
Sub-Human said:

Protests and stuff?

You can pretty much say I'm out of Russia, but the more I travel and see, the more I realize that this whole dream of the Western Wonderland is just that - a dream.

Which is what it seems like everyone is thinking - they try to get out of their country, be it Somalia or the US, but end up in the same good ol' hellhole.

No, i don't have that mindset.

I'm not looking for the typical west , i wanna go to Norway or Sweden - mostly for cultural reasons- cold, quiet, no bullshit people.

I'm part nordic myself and i love the nordic countries very much, i have nothing cultural in common with my country of birth.

I hate the fake "social whore" culture promoted by the USA and other alike countries , i pretty much just wanna get away from that, i won't change for my culture as i cannot function like that and just don't want to- i will go into a culture i love and that can accommodate my way of life and mentality much better.

Also, where do you live now?

I can imagine you went through a big cultural shock from living in RUssia.

Token-not-found said:
Sub-Human said:
Token-not-found said:
Sub-Human said:
Token-not-found said:
Sub-Human said:

Protests and stuff?

No, i don't have that mindset.

I'm not looking for the typical west , i wanna go to Norway or Sweden - mostly for cultural reasons- cold, quiet, no bullshit people.

I'm part nordic myself and i love the nordic countries very much, i have nothing cultural in common with my country of birth.

I hate the fake "social whore" culture promoted by the USA and other alike countries , i pretty much just wanna get away from that, i won't change for my culture as i cannot function like that and just don't want to- i will go into a culture i love and that can accommodate my way of life and mentality much better.

Also, where do you live now?

I can imagine you went through a big cultural shock from living in RUssia.
Well, I was born in Russia, then I moved to Prague (capital of Czech Republic).

It's a nice city, you know, historical, people are alright (I've got a few complaints, but then again, I don't like something, I'm free to leave), not expensive. My parents say they wouldn't mind going to Thailand or some place because it's extremely cheap to live in the 'elitist' parts of the country (or rather, cities). Also, it's not very cold.

Personally I want to live anywhere as long as I've got a nice job, and if it's not the bad countries. I don't really have any standards and while I'd love to have snowy winters (so awesome when it gets dark early and you sit in your house and it's so warm but outside there's a snowfall) and also slightly colder summers and being able to do the things I could do in Russia (have a picnic wherever you want, have non-polluted rivers out of town where you can fish and swim etc) and be in a more urban environment (always visioned LA or NY), it's totally fine for me. I guess I'm adaptive, lol.

well obviously that will not make you understand everything

But if you want a short insight in the situation of Russia you have only to read a bit about Anna Stepanowna Politkowskaja which was a Russian journalist reporting about the Chechen War.

When it is about China and their politics I suggest Rebiya Kadeer and the Uyghur people.

Crni Vuk said:
well obviously that will not make you understand everything

But if you want a short insight in the situation of Russia you have only to read a bit about Anna Stepanowna Politkowskaja which was a Russian journalist reporting about the Chechen War.

When it is about China and their politics I suggest Rebiya Kadeer and the Uyghur people.
I'd rather read the corruption-free journalists that are in Moscow Echo, or similar honest Russian journalist sites.

Chechna is just one of the problems in Russia, considering we pay them millions of dollars annually so they wouldn't touch us. Now check out your world map, kind of funny, right?

yes but Anna was one of the most famous journalists and she was killed for her work (most probably). Cant get more "free" then that I suppose. But the numbers of news and journalists which have a critical voice in Russia are really small. Sadly.

Crni Vuk said:
yes but Anna was one of the most famous journalists and she was killed for her work (most probably). Cant get more "free" then that I suppose. But the numbers of news and journalists which have a critical voice in Russia are really small. Sadly.
Yes, but even though, lately people are just overall unhappy and they seem to start realizing 'tis little better than Soviet Union everyone just wants to get rid of for once and all.

Maybe the journalists did their job after all. Didn't go without lethal occurencies, however.

So anyone wanna talk about the implications of the Iranians shooting down the American drone?

Lol it sounds like the begging of a joke , my phrasing i mean.

Bal-Sagoth said:
Arab Coalition Causalities:

Egypt – 10,000[5]–15,000[6] killed or missing, 4,338 captured[7]
Jordan – 700[4]–6,000[8] killed or missing, 533 captured[7]
Syria – 2,500 killed, 591 captured
Iraq – 10 killed, 30 wounded
Total – between 13,200–23,500 killed, 5,500+ captured.
Hundreds of tanks destroyed, 452+ aircraft destroyed

I wouldn't be so cocky, your southern neighbor has thrown its democratic votes behind 2 right-wing Islamic parties, one moderate, the other not so. If their brothers in Iran develop Nuclear weapons, and feel generous with their new Egyptian allies, Israel might be in a very difficult position.

Egypt = 81,200,000 and Israel = 7,798,600

Anyway it's better to love than hate, even if your neighbors food tastes funny.

eyeball1tuna.jpg

Back