Is it possible?Economic collapse and War's brewing?

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
.Pixote. said:
Bal-Sagoth said:
Arab Coalition Causalities:

Egypt – 10,000[5]–15,000[6] killed or missing, 4,338 captured[7]
Jordan – 700[4]–6,000[8] killed or missing, 533 captured[7]
Syria – 2,500 killed, 591 captured
Iraq – 10 killed, 30 wounded
Total – between 13,200–23,500 killed, 5,500+ captured.
Hundreds of tanks destroyed, 452+ aircraft destroyed

I wouldn't be so cocky, your southern neighbor has thrown its democratic votes behind 2 right-wing Islamic parties, one moderate, the other not so. If their brothers in Iran develop Nuclear weapons, and feel generous with their new Egyptian allies, Israel might be in a very difficult position.

Egypt = 81,200,000 and Israel = 7,798,600

Anyway it's better to love than hate, even if your neighbors food tastes funny.

The MB aren't that bad. They are analogous to the right wing parties here in the US or in Mexico.

The Salafists on the other hand....

who says america has to be around all the time ?

Hence why it is an better idea to get in peacefull terms with your neighbours.

But my point is that the actions of the US (and Israel to a lesser extent, I can't really fault them for existing after all) have caused the crisis. Things were settling down, and then they decide to just trample in during the Gulf War and turn the tensions into a gigantic mess. It's easy to say ''make the best of a bad situation'' when you strongly participated in creating the situation in the first place.

And while it's true that peace is far away unless one side is defeated, that's still no reason to maintain a hostile attitude at all times. Or still back up governments like the military in Egypt. The West is digging itself in a very deep hole in the Middle East. And yet it cannot leave because of Israel and goddamn oil. The whole thing is just a disaster waiting to happen again. There's nothing cool or glorious about it.

I wish it would be all just like in don't mess with Zohan.

Bal-Sagoth said:
Oh I agree completely, it is a much better way to be able to get along with your neighbors. It is just near impossible to do, and true peace would not exist without one side making enormous concessions. I just don't see that as being very realistic in this situation. .
Maybe youre simply not european enough. And I mean this without any offense.

Becaues if you would be European I would tell you to ask your great grandfather about his opinion regarding the Germans (if he was French for example). France was for a long time the "archenemy" of Germany. And vise verca. And today ? They are both one of the leading nations inside of the European Comonwealth.

People have only to remember that they actually pray to the same god.

DammitBoy said:
So everybody agrees? The U.S. should invade mexico and take over it's oil fields.

You have my approval...and since this is a Fallout website, even the Vaultboy approves, let the invasion begin.

thumbs-up.jpg

DammitBoy said:
So everybody agrees? The U.S. should invade mexico and take over it's oil fields.
Let's do it. A couple airstrikes later, the druglords will be crying "Freedom!".

TorontRayne said:
Thank you Starseeker! This is the kind of answer I was looking for. I thought that China would be on the losing side of a war with the US even with the US in such horrible shape, but I wasn't sure about some of the logistics involved. The aftermath of the Iraq war and the rebuilding comes to mind......

I was mainly intrigued by all of this since China, Russia, Pakistan, and Iran are so allied and all are spouting out threats of WWIII.

I have also read numerous articles and a few books which claim that China will succumb to a Civil War despite all their economic prosperity.

Needless to say that is why I asked the question here; A wide variety of opinions on the subject! Thank you all.

Edit. I just noticed that it said Thanks you Starseeker. Doh! Drugs are bad.

Sure, any time, I am just glad someone bothers to read it. Since Welsh doesn't hang out as much anymore, we don't really have any half decent discussions about China any more. A lot of people and "pundits" these days spouts nonsensical comments and opinions about China all the time. I might've believed them too if I had never lived there. Some of the CCP arsekissers are getting harder and harder to watch these days. Oh well. Ignorance makes the heart grow founder, I guess.

Anyway, can someone split this thread already, it feels like more than half of the discussion isn't even related to the topic at hand. :|

how can you guys be so sure that the US of A has not been already anexed by the brown people ?

Starseeker said:
TorontRayne said:
Thank you Starseeker! This is the kind of answer I was looking for. I thought that China would be on the losing side of a war with the US even with the US in such horrible shape, but I wasn't sure about some of the logistics involved. The aftermath of the Iraq war and the rebuilding comes to mind......

I was mainly intrigued by all of this since China, Russia, Pakistan, and Iran are so allied and all are spouting out threats of WWIII.

I have also read numerous articles and a few books which claim that China will succumb to a Civil War despite all their economic prosperity.

Needless to say that is why I asked the question here; A wide variety of opinions on the subject! Thank you all.

Edit. I just noticed that it said Thanks you Starseeker. Doh! Drugs are bad.

Sure, any time, I am just glad someone bothers to read it. Since Welsh doesn't hang out as much anymore, we don't really have any half decent discussions about China any more. A lot of people and "pundits" these days spouts nonsensical comments and opinions about China all the time. I might've believed them too if I had never lived there. Some of the CCP arsekissers are getting harder and harder to watch these days. Oh well. Ignorance makes the heart grow founder, I guess.

Anyway, can someone split this thread already, it feels like more than half of the discussion isn't even related to the topic at hand. :|

I do think this thread was slightly derailed, and Crni Vuk I have no fucking idea what you are talking about with the brown people remark....maybe I missed something.

look around you. There are more Mexicans, Chinese, Arabians etc. in the US of A then Americans.

Your land is Conquered. Owned and divided already. And you didn't even realized it !

it was just a stupid joke as reply to another stupid joke (annexing mexico) because well the US is one of the nations with the highest counts of immigrants if I remember correctly.

Thats okay, in a generation or two they will be fat and dumb or aspire to be celebritys like real americans. The system works.

I think one of the few strong enough things that could start a war might be the constant need for more resources such as oil for example...

... capitalism (as we see today) is simple not sustainable, even with the late projects to create natural energy production or a policy to reduce pollution all the damage caused this far might not be repairable . All those projects are usually palliative when it comes from governments because they are not profitable for the great companies, of course might be a few exception to that but they are an isolated minority (such as some non governmental organizations)
and the impact they can cause i consider minimal...

perhaps the problem might not even be the capitalism, but the greed of man that corrupts it, this greed and hunger for more and more ... scientists already discovered that the oil sources will end in about a century, that discover is decades old ... a lot, i really mean a LOT ... of occidental society depends on the energy production that comes from oil that brings riches and wealth to many great companies, small companies and even ourselves while driving a car, a motorcycle, alternative energy production is not on the level to supply all the need that will come from the end of the oil sources ... and that might be too late to begin large scale production of that new energy ... guess what, we might not even have resources for that. that would lead to an economic crisis much worse than the one we are see now ... there is also the problem of ...

Water ... the pollution caused by our factories, our cars ... etc ... exploration of new grounds, modifying the natural course of rivers to build hydroelectric power-plants, that is slowly but constantly disrupting the original course of nature, i read in a scientific magazine ("super-interesting") that nowadays we are consuming much more than nature can supply, if we don't hit the break (real hard, not the light baby kick we have being doing this far) water supplies will run dry, and the countries that can't supply its own people will buy it from others (perhaps at exorbitant prices) or invade neighborhood boarders to secure these resources ... add that to the oil problem and we are all screwed ... don't matter if you are from U.S.A , China, Canada, South America or Europe ... all screwed as here comes world war three ... guess what, nuclear bombs ... actually when i think about nuke warheads i think about this guy ...

kji.jpg

paladin_lord said:
I think one of the few strong enough things that could start a war might be the constant need for more resources such as oil for example...
Water.

While Oil might be a very important resource our economy can be changed (over time) in ways where Oil becomes less and less important. They already start to do it now. With cars which work on hydrogen for example. I think at leats in the next 50 years we will see here many changes.

But drinkable water might become a serious issue for many places. Not just in third world nations.

Crni Vuk said:
paladin_lord said:
Water.

While Oil might be a very important resource our economy can be changed (over time) in ways where Oil becomes less and less important. They already start to do it now. With cars which work on hydrogen for example. I think at leats in the next 50 years we will see here many changes.

But drinkable water might become a serious issue for many places. Not just in third world nations.

But isn't it really easy to purify water? Just set up some project purity style plant in every city and you are home free

Sabirah said:
Crni Vuk said:
paladin_lord said:
Water.

But drinkable water might become a serious issue for many places.Not just in third world nations.

But isn't it really easy to purify water? Just set up some project purity style plant in every city and you are home free

I think he's talking about the fact the world's population is growing, and due to the use of technology we waste a lot of water. Putting a water purifier won't solve anything if there isn't enough freshwater.

White Knight said:
Sabirah said:
Crni Vuk said:
paladin_lord said:
Water.

But drinkable water might become a serious issue for many places.Not just in third world nations.

I think he's talking about the fact the world's population is growing, and due to the use of technology we waste a lot of water. Putting a water purifier won't solve anything if there isn't enough freshwater.

Then why don't we melt the polar ice caps? I hear we will get a lot of water that way.

Sabirah said:
Crni Vuk said:
paladin_lord said:
Water.

Read a book, or a newspaper.....

Mr. Black said:
White Knight said:
Sabirah said:
Crni Vuk said:
paladin_lord said:
Water.

Then why don't we melt the polar ice caps? I hear we will get a lot of water that way.

How we would transport the water? We're not talking about small amounts. To balance the water deficits in the western world or even just the UK, we would need billions of litres of water. How can we move that?

Back