Modding FOT characters/Recruits

DarkAshes said:
and a fine job your doing :)
right everything set now just got to test it, will it woork on saved games ????
Depends where in the campaign your save is and when you've made the dog available.

If you're saved in Brahmin Wood before you've completed the mission and added the dog to mission01, then it should be available from the recruit pool when you get to the bunker. If you've saved at the bunker then no. You'll have to either start a new game or change the recruit definitions to make the dog available after the next mission.

many many thanks for your patience with this :)

and with you great help i sorted it :) and i have a doggy in my recruit pool

thanks jj86 and starfury 8)

Custom picture for your character selection screen.

I noticed on a few screenshots at differing web sites, the characters had custom portraits. Does anyone have an idea on how to do this? In my case, I want to use General Barnakies face for one of my characters.

Any ideas?

There are some tutorials to help you with that but they are at duckandcover.net and right now their server is down. Maybe check back there tomorrow.

Changing's Hireling's???

How do i change the hireling's you start with for fallout tactic's for a laugh i want to make an all deathclaw pack type of mod for single and all super mutant group figured it would be a good laugh. But don't know how to do it need help!!

unpacked bos files where do i find those at and what do i need for it im quite new so sorry if i sound naive!!

murdrax said:
unpacked bos files where do i find those at and what do i need for it im quite new so sorry if i sound naive!!
To unpack BOS files either;

• Associate them with whatever archiving tool you use, Winzip, WinRAR, Pakscape etc. Open the file in the tool and extract the contents to your Fallout Tactics/core folder (in Winzip make sure you tick 'use folder names').

If you don't want to associate the BOS files with your archiving tool, open up Winzip, drag and drop the BOS file into the open Winzip window extract the contents to your Fallout Tactics/core folder, make sure the 'use folder names' box is ticked.

Download and run the FOT Booster.

help i followed tutorial got my deathclaw's added in but 2 bug's first all 5 deathclaw's appear on brahmin wood dead and they don't replace farsight and stitch like i planned any idea what i did wrong and can help fix it please email me at murdrax@hotmail.com thanks ahead of time for hel;p and by the way modding tactic's is pretty cool :lol:

help!!

I've got the deathclaw's in and working but still need to figure out how to replace stitch farsight with 2 of them thank's to anybodfy who post's tyelling me how to get rid of stitch and farsight!!

murdrax said:
help i followed tutorial got my deathclaw's added in but 2 bug's first all 5 deathclaw's appear on brahmin wood dead and they don't replace farsight and stitch like i planned any idea what i did wrong and can help fix it please email me at murdrax@hotmail.com thanks ahead of time for hel;p and by the way modding tactic's is pretty cool :lol:

If they appear dead then you need to go to the bottom of the entity editor and edit the hit points in the Current Attributes/Actor Status. I assume it is at 0 now so change it to a positive value. I'm not sure what you should use, you may have to use trial and error depending on the level of the deathclaw. I'm not sure why Farsight and Stitch weren't replaced, you may have to manually remove them from mission1.

Fallout Tactics Mod Question

Hello!

I wanted to know, if there is a mod, wich allows me to create more than only one character at the start, and play the game with them?

Thank you for answering :)

Apart from the Races mod (allows you to create a main character of a race other than human), I use Bosche Editor and BOSEdit to adapt my squadmates' stats and skills to my playing style. I don't know if it's possible to change a squadmate's race though. Best I can do for you, mate!

Hello, and thx for the help.

But i have some problems with editing the start team.

1. It is said: ''- Place that entity in Mission 01 (Brahmin Wood) using the level editor. Set the "Player Index" to "1" for your recruit''

What is the Player Index, uand where can i set it?
Is it the numbel in the left upper corner?

2. It is said: ''Here you will have to add a line under "RECRUIT POOL DEFINITIONS". It will have to have the following format:

{mission00;add;entities/recruits/whateverYouNamedYourENTFile.ent}

Do i have to replace the other recruits, which are in the startteam?
Farsight and Sticht i mean, or are there enough slots to have more than just 3 men?

3. It is said: ''- Now, using the campaign editor, open the bos.cam file, and go to the Tools tab and click on "Import Recruits". Save the changes to the CAM file''

What changes does he mean? If i click on ''import recruits'' i can choose different .txt files. Wat do i have to do here?

thx again for your help :)

Hump said:
Hello, and thx for the help.

But i have some problems with editing the start team.

1. It is said: ''- Place that entity in Mission 01 (Brahmin Wood) using the level editor. Set the "Player Index" to "1" for your recruit''

What is the Player Index, uand where can i set it?
Is it the numbel in the left upper corner?
Once you've placed your entity in the map press F4 to edit it, a gray bar with a lot of option boxes will appear on the left, scroll down until you see the option player index. Change the number in there to 1.

Hump said:
2. It is said: ''Here you will have to add a line under "RECRUIT POOL DEFINITIONS". It will have to have the following format:

{mission00;add;entities/recruits/whateverYouNamedYourENTFile.ent}

Do i have to replace the other recruits, which are in the startteam?
Farsight and Sticht i mean, or are there enough slots to have more than just 3 men?

3. It is said: ''- Now, using the campaign editor, open the bos.cam file, and go to the Tools tab and click on "Import Recruits". Save the changes to the CAM file''

What changes does he mean? If i click on ''import recruits'' i can choose different .txt files. Wat do i have to do here?

thx again for your help :)
You only need to worry about this if you are replacing or adding recruits who will only be available from the recruit master through out the game. If you only want to add to your starting squad ignore this. You don't have to replace Farsight and Stitch, you can have a maximum of 5 squaddies plus your PC.

If you do want to replace them, but still want them available later on remove the double lines // from in front of their entries in the recruit pool (hf03 and hm09). If you do do this, to import them into the cam file you need to import the text file (campaign.txt) you just edited, the info isn't going to be anywhere else.

Back