Modding FOT characters/Recruits

Adding recruits to FO Tactics

Hiya, new to this forum and to Fallout Modding.

What I would like to do is add a new recruit to my fat game, [Lame Factor Warning!], a robot called Arnold.. (guess who..).

Now I've created it in the entity editor and included it in the game by following tutorials and reading other posts here, and I've managed to get it in the game, all fine and good there.

But it doesn't have a portrait, and I can't find out where to edit that. I know how to add/change portraits for the main character, as I have a picture of my own handsome self in the game.

Please don't be overly technical, I'm not very technically minded...

There is another post that mentions this problem, but no solution to it...

Thanks in advance!

M-to-the-Xi!

Custom portraits for recruits ect

how do i get em loaded i have tons of custom portraits and not one came with a readme on how to use em :)

also anyone know how to say put a custom mission into the normal campaign :) id love to one figure out how to create em and 2 make the good items drop early :) i wanna do a One man run through the entire campaign without having to use an editor on my char

since this is modding/hacking and project anouncement, your query regarding fallout tactics would be better placed in the fallout tactics help forum...

ColJack said:
since this is modding/hacking and project anouncement, your query regarding fallout tactics would be better placed in the fallout tactics help forum...

It sounds like a modding related Q to me, really unrelated to gameplay help.

Editing my characters?

Is there any way I can edit the BOS characters in the recruiment pool to suit my own wants? Or even just those I have already in my team?

Can't get him, make him!

If only it were that easy. This should be a simple problem to help me with, not a complicated one, though. My problem is:

I replaced the default Prefab1 with Riddick: His Bio, his stats, name, age, and even sprite. Now, one problem is.. His portrait shows up in the "Create Character" screen, to the right. I replaced that, and that works ok. But first problem, is when you are picking which prefab to use, his CORE_prefab1 big doesn't show up like the other prefabs do.. (I took his general portrait and resized it to whatever they are supposed to be, turned it into a zar, and threw it into the big directory in the file, but it still didn't show up.. I don't know what I did wrong there. The next, and most major problem is, when you enter the character data screen with the selection of characters to the right, his portrait doesn't show up to the right, and during gameplay, his portrait doesn't show up on the bar with the rest of the team.

Other than this, he plays perfectly fine, I just need help with getting his portraits to work.

Vielen dank!

Fallout Tactics character question

Okay, I just created a recruit in the editor. Now what I can't figure out is how to give the character a portrait. I have a custom portrait ready, but I can't figure out how to get it to appear on my recruit. Can someone help?

The display name in the entity editor, of your recruit, must match exactly (it's case sensitive) the filename of the portrait zar you want to link to.

This will also link up to the name and discription in the characters.txt.

FoT Squad creation

I just started mucking around with the FoT editor, and I want to be able to create a full squad to play with from begining to the end. While trying to create different characters I cant seem to be able to create descriptions for them or choose portraits, and for different characters, I dont know how to make them appear in the first level. Any insight towards creating functioning characters and implementation of them would be greatly appreciated.

The descriptions are in locale\game\characters.txt. The portraits are zar files in gui\char. To link these to your new squad members the portrait's file name and the entry in the characters text file must match the display name you give the entities in the entity editor.

To add new entities to a map open the map in the level editor, press F3 then locate your entity from the directory list on the left. Place the entity and give it a Player Index of 1 so that it's under the player's control.

Thanks, I was able to edit the characters just fine. But I cant seem to open any of the missions in the editor, the list just looks blank.

You need to unpack the missions, tiles entities and sprites from the BOS files (easiest way is to use the Booster from the files section) if you've done that then the core missions are in core\campaigns\missions\core. So when you open file the level editor you'll need to go up one folder as you start in core\missions.

Thanks, now Ive gotten the level editor working and can place characters and place control, but how do I remove farsight and stitch entirley?

Back