NMA Fallout 3 preview and Q&A

been out of internet for a week...
thank you guys. it's really nice to read a review made by Fallout fans..
many things are too sad. It looks like Todd and Co. ignored PoS and Fallout: Tictacs just to create their own. No, I'm serious. They've took the setting as they see it, chenge the game mechanics, focus on action and here we go...

Brother None, SuAside, thanks for the review. It was everything I learned to expect from you. :) And the demo is everything I learned to expect from them... :?
Sorrow said:
I've read it and I didn't see anything there that would make FINO3 look like Fallout.
I must ask... Does "FINO" mean "Fallout in name only"?

Wex said:
Brother None, SuAside, thanks for the review. It was everything I learned to expect from you. :) And the demo is everything I learned to expect from them... :?
Sorrow said:
I've read it and I didn't see anything there that would make FINO3 look like Fallout.

Yes.

Excellent preview guys, and I'm glad NMA finally got their deserved crack at the demo. It's a pity to hear how deserved the pessimism has been, I was looking forward to an "And we where all wrong, this is bloody fantastic." Alas, at least this one will probably be successful. Might breed interest in a better game down the line.

...or a movie.

I'm wondering, did any other non-Fallout games stand out as particularly noteworthy?

El_Smacko said:
I was looking forward to an "And we where all wrong, this is bloody fantastic."
i sent a fake one to some of the NMA staff right after my return (and before Kharn got home), but they didn't believe me.

i wonder why.

Brother None said:
Nah. But I'm not a gamer.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Haha, seriously.

Seriously.

hahaha.

Beakers, here games al the time, he even had the original name to my admin account at www.stgfc.com, but not even more.

I hope you guys like Age of Decadence.

Original name to my whatnow?

I'm currently trying to play Bioshock with all graphics tuned down. The last game I played before Bioshock was BookWorm Adventures, which I played through half a year ago.

bonanza said:
So Silencer was the only one of you who applied under the banner of NMA. You two were permitted, and he wasn't.

Figures. Great job Bethesda, thats the way to deal with one of the oldest FO Fan communities on the net.

Before jumping to conclusions, take heed that I did apply less than a week before the fair; it is possible that they simply didn't have openings left - but the e-mail response I was given didn't state that, so they might have as well had. A second e-mail from me was not responded to.

SuAside said:
i seem to recall 2 guys walking up to the LunchPR chicks (that handle european PR for Bethesda, at least for this event) and getting a slot in a later showing.

Hur-hur. Those two were the gram.pl guys. Polak potrafi!

How long did the walking distances feel in the game (for example, going to Megaton from the Vault or running through the subway tunnels)? Or was there any teleporting done from location to location?

I'm still kinda miffed about the fact that the whole Megaton thing seems to be so early on in the game. It seems like a really weird design choice to have such a huge decision (meaning the PC affecting so many people) so shortly after exiting the "tutorial area".

Starwars said:
How long did the walking distances feel in the game (for example, going to Megaton from the Vault or running through the subway tunnels)? Or was there any teleporting done from location to location?

Teleporting.

I think this the most honest preview i have read so far ! :clap: and of course ...the most sadest since it kinda confirms the death of a beloved franchise !

Great preview guys. Frankly I love that this isn't entirely negative; just goes to show that NMA people are not as crazy as some might believe.

And there seems to be some room, a fool's hope, for improvement.

Wex said:
Sorrow said:

Yes it does.

Ausir said:
Brother None said:
Teleporting.

Still, that might be only for the purposes of the demo.

Not "might be," it pretty definitely "is."

Though that says nothing about the weird teleporting in front of doors Oblivion had as a mode of "entering houses."

Back