Fallout 2 mod Olympus 2207 (english translation)

Last edited:
Hey, im on my first playthrough of this mod. using default Chris build. have everything i need to make the Jackal Revolver but i lack stats to do so, INT Repair and Science.

Is there another way to get this gun built or am i boned? Searched this site and can only find people pointing out where the parts are.

a guy here (reddit link below) suggests that Carl might be able to do it for you...
[spoilers on this page] (cant seem to stop the forum from embedding the content of the reddit post)

...but when talking to him i get no option for that so he may be wrong or im doing something wrong.

thanks

Hey, im on my first playthrough of this mod. using default Chris build. have everything i need to make the Jackal Revolver but i lack stats to do so, INT Repair and Science.

Is there another way to get this gun built or am i boned? Searched this site and can only find people pointing out where the parts are.

a guy here (reddit link below) suggests that Carl might be able to do it for you...
[spoilers on this page] (cant seem to stop the forum from embedding the content of the reddit post)

...but when talking to him i get no option for that so he may be wrong or im doing something wrong.

thanks

Honestly, I don't recall an option to assemble Jackal Revolver any other way. But you can use brainiac to get your int up temporarily. Or find a potato of intellect, spoiler -
it's in Renaissance

Thanks, ill give it a try but with a repair skill of 2 atm i may have to wait for my next playthrough to try that gun out.

Ive encountered an odd bug and im wondering if people know of how to fix or avoid the bug (i have alot of saves so travleing back in time is possible).

Basically, there is now 2 of Cyren. And i cant seem to complete a quest he gave me.

• I took the quest to get the rolls of tin.
  • took a caravan to Livos, talked to the npc's there and noted that Edward was looking for machine parts or robot parts or something
  • went to the warehouse and and met Cyren outside
  • entered and cleared the warehouse, getting the tin and a piece of a robot
  • talking to Cyren to see if i could end the quest just gave me floating text like "no time to talk", "come on, lets go already" etc.
  • i figured that i needed to go back to NWO to turn in the quest
  • went back to Livos and gave the robot piece to Edward and became a member of the community (noticing that Cyren was still following me)
  • messed about talking to all the npcs there and gathering quests etc
  • travelled back to NWO and there was now Cyren following me AND npc Cyren standing where he usually stands
  • all the npc Cyren says is.. [pic inside spoiler to avoid clutter] (notice there is two of them)
    vdVwVU6.png
  • if i leave and kill the follower version and then come back, the npc is gone

Yip, seems so. Did that, no joy. Went back to my first arrival at NWO, grabbed the quest, did the quest
both by ignoring the follower outside Tin industries, just running in grabbing the tin and then back to the npc and by talking to the follower and going in grabbing the tin and back to the npc.

Nothing is working. Full discloser, NWO dont like me, that may be a component. I had a disagreement with a caravan or two, i wanted their stuff, they didnt want to let me take it.

It appears the conditions for the bug are in place before i got to nwo.

While testing over and over i hit a few special random encounters, the only ones ive found so far, shame they are in aborted timelines :/

How important is Cyren? i may just jump back to before getting the quest and avoid it, or just carry on with my little Cyren pet... though literally dragging a bugged state with me through the game may be a bad idea.

Thanks again for your help

It may cause some problems with Mark's quest, but overall, he is not very important.
Just to be clear, he doesn't follow you into the factory, right? Can you provide save?

Sure. This is my first arrival at NWO before talking to him. Yea he follows me into the factory, but he constantly acts like we're still outside it when talking to him.

Im sorry, after reviewing my files i've realised i forgot to copy the files over from the 1.2a patch rar. Might that be the cause? If not, fair warning that the save may be a waste of your time because im a dope and forgot that step.

Is the patch safe to apply to a current game? is it just translation fixes or is there bug fixes in there? Sorry again.

Attachments

Sure. This is my first arrival at NWO before talking to him. Yea he follows me into the factory, but he constantly acts like we're still outside it when talking to him.

Im sorry, after reviewing my files i've realised i forgot to copy the files over from the 1.2a patch rar. Might that be the cause? If not, fair warning that the save may be a waste of your time because im a dope and forgot that step.

Is the patch safe to apply to a current game? is it just translation fixes or is there bug fixes in there? Sorry again.

Yup, may be the case. Try installing the patch, then visiting Tin ind.
Checked the bug, it's definitely not how it's supposed to be.

Yup, may be the case. Try installing the patch, then visiting Tin ind.
Checked the bug, it's definitely not how it's supposed to be.
Yea just did that, same story. loaded the my NWO arrival save, got quest, did quest, same npc + follower problem.

I now remember why i had the patch files but hadn't applied them. I found the Olympus 2207 website first. I had already installed and begun playing the game before seeing this thread, couldnt find a change log for the patch and was too lazy to make an account and ask if the files were safe to use on an already underway save game. So i grabbed the files but didnt apply them.

My bad really. Thanks again for your help, ill be doing another playthrough at some point anyway.

Can anyone get me the track that plays at the Sunset Jackals base? I'm thinking of putting it on my MP3 Player and can't seem to find it anywhere.

Can someone help me with this: I got this error "the instruction at 004a5e7c referenced memory at 00000e1f the memory could not be read from" when Anderson is (from the sound of it) dying. The screen goes black, and then this error appears.

Can someone help me with this: I got this error "the instruction at 004a5e7c referenced memory at 00000e1f the memory could not be read from" when Anderson is (from the sound of it) dying. The screen goes black, and then this error appears.
I suppose you kill him via speech? It's a gamebreaking bug, unfortunately, you have to fight him.

Back