[POLL] Is Fallout 4 better than Fallout 3?

Discussion in 'Fallout 4' started by Fall Out Boy, Nov 21, 2015.

Is Fallout 4 better than Fallout 3?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    46.6%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    22.4%
  3. Just as bad as each other.

18 vote(s)
    31.0%
  1. Fall Out Boy

Fall Out Boy Unbeliever

Oct 7, 2015
    Quite interested to see what NMA thinks.

2. Askorti

Askorti HATE NEWSPAPERS

Jun 30, 2015
    I find it better, but that doesn't say much, considering how bad F3 was.

• [Like] [Like] x 4
  3. frajaq

frajaq It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 23, 2015
    It's the best Fallout game by far

4. Golbolco

Golbolco It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 12, 2015
    I would say that because the story of Fallout 4 is recycled from Fallout 3, they're just as bad in terms of storytelling but Fallout 4 is worse because of its laziness.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. r0b0wnz

r0b0wnz First time out of the vault

Nov 17, 2015
    *has a stroke*

6. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    It is better than FO3, but anything is better than FO3. Fallout 4 It's still the weakest Fallout game by far.

7. TorontoReign

TorontoReign WHO DO YOU THINK THAT IS THERE? Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    Fallout 3 set the bar pretty low, so people knew what to expect with this one. Fallout 4 is a lot better than 3, but all the changes they made leads the series off into a completely new direction. It will be interesting to see the fan reactions when Fallout is turned into a straight up team-based shooter...

8. Irwin John Finster

Irwin John Finster Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Nov 13, 2015
    I personally find Fallout 4 to be an insult to Fallout fans and video game players in general. It is either written for an audience of adolescents, or written BY adolescents. Fallout 3 was a LOT more grounded in terms of story, it had better voice acting, it had no dialogue wheel. Was Fallout 3's writing bad? To me, not nearly as insulting as Fallout 4. Just because they wrote in 3 factions to choose from doesn't mean it's closer to New Vegas. It's just as limited if not MORE limited than Fallout 3.

I really don't know how people can think the writing in Fallout 4 is anything but amateur fan fiction. I realize a lot of people here hate Fallout 3, but I was not biased by having played Fallout 1 and 2 first and I firmly believe that compared to Fallout 4, Fallout 3 is far better in everything except first-person shooting and minecraft simulation. In my opinion, saying Fallout 4 is better than Fallout 3 as a Fallout game might as well be celebrating the triumph of Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 as improvements on the series rather than what they were - massive downgrades implemented with the goal of selling to more consumers. Saying Fallout 4 is an improvement is saying you don't like RPGs and Fallout in my opinion.

Liking Fallout 4 is one thing but I fail to see how this can in any way be taken as improving Fallout.

Literally the only things better in Fallout 4 are the things which don't matter to being a good Fallout RPG - settlement-minecraft, gunplay, first person shooting.

New Vegas is the best first-person Fallout game by far though.

Do you Agree?
    []Yes
    []No
    []Sarcastic
    []Flirt

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 2
  9. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Well, in some sense Fallout 4 is to Fallout 3 what Skyrim is to Oblivion. Of course ... I havn't played F4, so I can not claim to know everything. But I think after Oblivion and Fallout 3, Bethesda really had no other way than to gu up really ...

10. phipboy

phipboy Newly elected overseer

Oct 2, 2015
    Can't tell if this is a joke or not. Knowing you it's probably not.

11. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Resident Schizo Poster

Jun 15, 2015
    Don't feed the idiot troll.

12. frajaq

frajaq It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 23, 2015
    Why would I joke about that. It really is the best so far and I have been enjoying playing it a lot

13. Justalittlebaby

Justalittlebaby First time out of the vault

Jun 7, 2015
    Someone has a contrarian opinion and suddenly the person is an "idiot troll"? Come now, that's bigotry.

14. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Frajaq is a troll, he only posts to make short obviously trollish remarks and nothing else. Before that he tried to argue with us but it became clear he was also pretty dumb like most Bethesda fanboys. So I think he more than qualifies as an idiot troll.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  15. Gaddes

Gaddes Look, Ma! Two Heads!

May 18, 2010
    Overall, it's better than F04 by a country mile. However, that's not a high bar to cross. FO4 does have slightly better writing, voice acting and whatnot, but it's still pretty weak on the story line front. This is especially true if you join the institute and do their quest line.

16. Irwin John Finster

Nov 13, 2015
    I am finding *some* enjoyment out of it but no one is going to take you seriously claiming it's the best Fallout game. It's not even a good game on its own. In my opinion, Fallout 3 WAS a good game on its own at least.

And Fallout 4 is in my opinion the worst Bethesda game ever produced. A celebration of mediocrity clearly dictated by marketing people telling developers to focus on gimmicks like Codsworth saying 1000 names and to remove all the text dialogue options because "kids hate reading and won't buy our game" and to mimic Borderlands because "that's popular with the younger demographic."

Can you imagine if this forum had a dialogue wheel? Choose one response to my post:

[Yes]
    [Sarcastic]
    [Flirt]
    [Maybe]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 2
  17. Doctor 0

Doctor 0 Still Mildly Glowing

Sep 8, 2015
    Both are considered unplayable for me, so both are equally bad.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  18. Trannigan

Trannigan Banned

Nov 21, 2015
    Not only better than 3 it's leagues above New Vegas. Best Fallout yet IMO

19. Irwin John Finster

Nov 13, 2015
    [X] Sarcastic
    [ ] Yes
    [ ] Maybe
    [ ] Flirt

I would select "No" but the dialogue wheel in Fallout 4 actually doesn't have "No" in it most of the time if not all of the time.

20. Trannigan

Trannigan Banned

Nov 21, 2015
    Is that supposed to be a disagreement? It's not much of one.