The first Season of the Fallout tv show is out

At the very least it was contained on the East Coast.
BoS, Enclave, Super Mutants, Vault Tec, Harold, GECK and many other things from the West Coast got mangled and ruined by Fallout 3. Fallout 3 didn't need to be set in the West Coast to ruin a lot of its things.

BoS, Enclave, Super Mutants, Vault Tec, Harold, GECK and many other things from the West Coast got mangled and ruined by Fallout 3. Fallout 3 didn't need to be set in the West Coast to ruin a lot of its things.

Fair enough, but what happened in California was at least unchanged by Fallout 3, besides the the Brotherhood expedition and the Enclave being resurrected.

Do what i and others and do and only consider 1, 2 and New Vegas canon. The bethesda bullshit are fever dreams as a result of Jet.

Do what i and others and do and only consider 1, 2 and New Vegas canon. The bethesda bullshit are fever dreams as a result of Jet.

Already doing that. I'd be lying if I said I'm not enjoying the show for what it is, but to me it's just a non-canon spin-off.

And House decided to nuke Earth with Vault Tec, Frederick Sinclair from Big MT (yeah, not Sierra Madre), Repconn, West Tek and Super Duper Mart because potential peace treaty with China would be bad for business.
Well, at least they retconned their own shitty "it was aliens" lore.

And House decided to nuke Earth with Vault Tec, Frederick Sinclair from Big MT (yeah, not Sierra Madre), Repconn, West Tek and Super Duper Mart because potential peace treaty with China would be bad for business.
If there’s one thing that’s good for business it’s global thermonuclear war.

Seriously though, are they saying that these companies actually started the war intentionally, or was it more a case of them sabotaging peace talks which then snowballed into an apocalypse? I could buy the second explanation, though it completely lets the American government off the hook which is lame.

Seriously though, are they saying that these companies actually started the war intentionally, or was it more a case of them sabotaging peace talks which then snowballed into an apocalypse? I could buy the second explanation, though it completely lets the American government off the hook which is lame.

Vault Tec has a stockpile of nukes that they also use to nuke Shady Sands post-war.

Vault Tec has a stockpile of nukes that they also use to nuke Shady Sands post-war.
IMG_4247.gif

Sounds like it's because Bethesda doesn't know what to do with a rebuilding wasteland and needs to keep it stagnant

Bethesda didn't want to continue the rebuilding after Fallout 2 because they never understood Fallout. They and other people that barely knew about the franchise beyond a very surface level thought that the franchise was about humanity being in perpetual shit and never advancing beyond that, when the franchise was about how humanity would recover from a nuclear apocalypse and how it would look after that.

Haven't fully watched the show yet, but from what I've seen from being spoiled, apparently Shady Sands is nuked by Vault-Tec in 2277 (a full 5 years before the events of New Vegas) and the NCR as a state collapses. What is left is the "leader" of the NCR ruling a bunch of bandits, wanting to apprehend Vault-Tec for the NCR's destruction, hence why they kidnapped the MC's Dad in episode 1. We also see New Vegas as a nuked ruin in the final episode.

I'll need to fully watch the series to fully confirm any of this, but its pretty dire to be honest.

If any of this is correct, all I'm getting is a continued confirmation that Bethesda has no idea how to continue the rebuilding of Fallout 2, and continues to believe that humanity post-apocalypse will continue to live in rabble in shanty towns for the rest of existence.

It's sad, I'd have never actually found out about Fallout without Bethesda (I was introduced to the series at Fallout 4), but the more I realise, this franchise should've just died after the second game.

First of all, Shady Sands might have been in the middle of nowhere in the first game, but in the second it's the heart of the NCR. I swear it's like people don't understand the idea of storyline and world progression. Fallout and Fallout 2 are not stand alone stories, the events from the first game precede the events from the second. This does not bode well for storylines in any medium at this point, as Bethesda is setting a precedent that it's literally anything goes.

https://www.pcgamer.com/movies-tv/i...ut-show-to-retcon-non-bethesda-fallout-games/

Nothing was debunked in this click bait but its ok cos marvel did it before

Wow, yesterday I was laughing about the drawing of nuke being next to the arrow and not a date being used as defense, but it looks everyone's using that now.

It doesn't even have to be a concious retcon (maybe some prop guy fucked up or writers didn't care enough), why jump through all these hoops that Shady Sands started falling in 2277 and then was nuked years after NV?

At this point, I don't get why anyone cares this much.
It's not like Bethesda were gonna do anything with Vegas anyway, you may as well just do what I do, separate the two works.
Honestly, I think you guys are overestimating how much control Todd actually had over the script. I like dunking on Todd as much as the next guy but I feel this time around, he is playing with People who have more power than him.

As most, he seemed like a veto and ideas guys. Maybe nuking Shady Sands was his idea, maybe it wasn't, it really doesn't matter at this point because it would have had to go through so many stages by the end product that many others could have simply has said no.

I mean either you like the show, of which I thought episode one was decent, or you don't and you never have to watch it again. I mean, we can safely say that Fallout isn't Fallout anymore, wanting it to be is just gonna hurt you guys more.

It is very funny to read your posts so keeping going.

Bethesda fans are really huffing massive copium with the state of canon and lore right now which is insane to see, meanwhile nearly everyone who watches the show is giving it outstanding reviews jerking it off as the best adaption we've ever gotten for a video game or whatever.

I personally thought the show was watchable, I watched it from start to finish without getting bored (but perhaps it's because of personal bias to my enjoyment of the IP) unlike the Halo show and Rings of Power (both based on IPs which I love, but not nearly as much as Fallout). It was watchable, but very very stupid in nearly all departments. I thought the writing was fucking terrible, some character's decisions in the show were made with one shared brain cell in the writer's room, all main characters but especially the Ghoul had the craziest plot armor I've ever seen in my life and I'd argue was a textbook example of Gary Stu. The humor was funny at certain times but most other times some of the most cringe inducing shit I've ever seen.

Getting into lore which is an entire can of worms one small review can't get into thoroughly, all I have to say on that front is we all knew this was coming. The lore has been fucked for so long already, so this isn't anything of a surprise to those who aren't blinded by consoomerism and cope, however I think this show introduces arguably the worst and most damaging changes to the series thus far, and is fundamentally irreparable, which leads me into the case for the show's canonicity which is this -- who the fuck cares?

To any newcomers who see this, I'll say this much: Canon is such a stupid superficial blanket term. Bethesda touts this show as canon and the defacto Fallout 5 or whatever when it quite literally is irreparably lore breaking. You know why they say it's canon? Because they like fucking money and saying shit like that gets people to watch it. Nothing more. They don't give a shit for canon of their video game series and never have. Where Fallout superfans will watch this show and cry because Fallout 1 and 2 and New Vegas "canon" is broken, the show runners, writers, producers, and every other chump who excreted this are kicking their feet in the air with how much money they just made. Canon to them is the paycheck they get, not what character said what in whatever game. So if they don't have respect for what they call canon, why the fuck should you care what the giant corporation said?

I should make a thread about just this, but I'll put it here for now.

Anyway, I'd give the show a 3/10. There were things I liked, the first episode started off strong but then stumbled and didn't stop falling.

Back