The first Season of the Fallout tv show is out

Maybe Critical Drinker will review it. I'd enjoy 10 minutes of him bashing it.

I can't get past the
Vault-Tec nuked the world
which might be the dumbest plot twist I've ever heard of. That's inexcusable.

Shogun is a good show, it shows people can respect the source material, even today. But it's awfully rare.

At this point, I don't get why anyone cares this much.
Because this is No mutants allowed, the oldest fallout fan site, we were here before the fall. Ok not me personally, i came after the fall but i have seen what was before the fall.

I cant believe you are asking people on the nma board why do they care so much about this show called fallout

Because this is No mutants allowed, the oldest fallout fan site, we were here before the fall. Ok not me personally, i came after the fall but i have seen what was before the fall.

I cant believe you are asking people on the nma board why do they care so much about this show called fallout
That's like asking why do Star Wars fans care that much about Star Wars or the sequel trilogy

Before I watched it, I want to ask everyone here for those who have watched it, how would you compare the Fallout Show with preexisting fan made films like Nuka Break and Fallout Lanius?

Why is it that every writer in the upper echelons of the entertainment industry is bad at their job?

That's like asking why do Star Wars fans care that much about Star Wars or the sequel trilogy

Fallout fans should be inured to disappointment now. But then again, Star Wars fans should be the same, yet at this point of the fandom there's people uncritically celebrating the Expanded Universe and forgetting that the '90s to the '00s was an ambiguous at best time for the fandom, and while there were many great works released then, there were a lot of stinkers too.

Everything has always been bad, just in different ways and to different degrees. Modern outrages will soon be surpassed by future atrocities. You guys all think this show is bad? Wait until mass audiences, who vastly outnumber this forum, boost its ratings to warrant a movie made. Wait until the first Fallout movie to hit the big screen is complete Bethesda-dreck. It can happen- superhero movies are fading out, Hollywood realized last year that video game adaptations can sell tickets, maybe Jonathan Nolan wants this project to be his cinematic debut. Bigger and more extravagantly grotesque things will happen to this franchise, the likes of which you can't even imagine.

I used to think the life of being a fan was 2001: A Space Odyssey. But then I realized, it's fuckin' Mystery Science Theater 3000.

I mean, the show literally contradicts canon so hard that it is meaningless. It doesn't matter what it is on its own merits, it is part of a series and as that it is wrong. It doesn't slot into the other pieces. 0/10 Automatically.

Came here just to check in on the predictable NMA takes :cool:. But you guys aren't wrong for the most part.

I think this is better than Fallout 4 and that's pretty decent when you have realistic expectations.

You know what the hilarious irony is. Got all theses console fags crying about not being lore accurate with new Vegas. First time cunts?

I've enjoyed the show barring the story at the end of episode 5. I like the physical sets, props, the gratuitous violence, and bizarrely even enjoyed the characters.

We've got a bit of a "Mortal Kombat" the movie (the 90's one) thing going on, where future game versions of the characters were based off the movie characters. I used to know someone that was legitimately annoyed about Kano's nationality/voice being changed to be Australian. Yet those versions of the characters are considered, by an large, as the de facto versions. While not a one to one comparison, you can still apply this to a lot of what's gone on with Fallout. Also, as long as the original Fallout' are still available to play... though with game companies you never know.

Everything has always been bad, just in different ways and to different degrees. Modern outrages will soon be surpassed by future atrocities.

Heh, it's funny you say that, because I actually said something similar to this on an Instagram Story back in 2021:
Screenshot_20240413-032518_1.png

Now even though I said this as a joke, plus it was more of a commentary on the HUGE divide within The Fallout Fandom, rather than any of the actual games. Still looking back at this, I'd say it still rings true, now more than ever!

Yep, today's outrage will be outdo by future changes & mediocrity!

:-D :roll: :-?

Btw I'm 100% sure that this will lead to the next Bethesda Fallout to be set on the West Coast with all the things they added in the show.

Some positivity: I am really excited about the liberties they seem to have had making this show. I'm halfway in and surprised to see how the gore isn't forcefully there but used in the storytelling (amputating leg. the finger). To see jokes like the wettest woman go past approvals is wild. Genuinely surprised to see it, in a good way. The characters have meaning and the locations feel relevant. Actors are great.

It's not how I would have done it, but I think it's well written and well executed. Way beyond what I expected from Bethesda and it really shows that good writing could save their games. As the text at the end states, it's a show "based on Fallout".

As for lore and respect of older games. It's sad but focusing on other aspects here.

At this point, I don't get why anyone cares this much.
It's not like Bethesda were gonna do anything with Vegas anyway, you may as well just do what I do, separate the two works.
You are right, although I was surprised by the good reviews by IMDB critics and high acclaim all over social media, even in places like r/classicfallout, that I thought that they managed to make everyone happy for once... I guess I was too optimistic.:lr:

Emil stating something retarded and then back pedaling is amazing

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-13_110857.png
    Screenshot_2024-04-13_110857.png
    595.8 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_1759.jpg
    IMG_1759.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 309
Back