THESURVIVOR2299.com likely isn't a Fallout 4 teaser website

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by WorstUsernameEver, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    How can anyone NOT like 4too's posts? :) Guy's a legend.

2. Makenshi

Makenshi Ahoy, ye salty dogs!

Jul 28, 2006
    In my case, it is not about liking or not, it is about not understanding the message :lol:

3. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    did you ... did you ... just insult yams? One of the coolest guy in this community? :?

4. Yamu

Yamu Le Fromage Vieux oTO Moderator Orderite

Jul 26, 2003
    <3

I don't mean to backseat mod, but can we not worry about it? I'm content to take him at his word that he was addressing himself to the topic at large even though he quoted me specifically. That might still be worth a strike in itself, but I'd rather he not get one on account of me, and it's been (hopefully) taken to PMs so as to un-dam the thread (which at this point I think is about 4too receiving his proper accolades as a benevolent demigod, though I'll admit I may have lost track).

5. Schoolyard at its finest.

I wont get on childish off-topic again, so don't bother guys.

So, 20 days left. Expecting gameplay trailer at first, I want to see if it has engine change.

6. Yamu

Jul 26, 2003
    I honestly didn't have much of an eye on the gaming world when NV came out, and 3's too far back to remember. I seem to remember a bit more of a slow trickle of PR material for them, though. Seems like this one's a bit sudden, if this is the genuine article (which admittedly is looking more likely).

Then again, as you've said, they've still got 20 days worth of time to fill. If this is actually happening, maybe there'll be more in the interim.

7. Emperor

Emperor Simplesmente Rajuma

Aug 4, 2013
    The Morse Code has changed, instead of reading the date is reading ''CQ/CQ/CQ/DE/OZ/PSE/AS'' which translate to ''Calling any station. Calling any station. Calling any station. This is OZ. Please stand by''. The wiki says that OZ is the call sing for Signal Oscar Zulu, a radio tower in the Capital Wasteland although is not confirmed to be the same tower from FO3

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/1r2mg7/morse_code_has_changed/

8. Bewitched

Bewitched aka Vault_13

Jun 13, 2006
    What a twist!

9. BonusWaffle

BonusWaffle Still Mildly Glowing

Mar 6, 2013
    Is it the same code as the one from oscar zulu or is it just referencing the tower? Id check myself but microsoft decided to forget i bought fallout 3 :|

10. Feigenbaum

Feigenbaum Solitary Traveler

Aug 16, 2011
    Oscar Zulu was the pre-recorded voice of Bob Andersteen.

11. Yamu

Jul 26, 2003
    Looks like most of the speculation now is centering around the kid from Oscar Zulu. I actually sort of remember that tower, after having my memory jogged... for those who dont' feel like clicking over to the reddit, the message it broadcast in F3 was from a man who needed help for his sick child. According to the wiki, the skeletons of the parents were present in the shelter but the child was nowhere to be found. People are thinking now that this "survivor" is actually the kid from Oscar Zulu, and that he's lived this whole time as a ghoul or something stranger.

It'd be an odd hook to hang a game on, to say the least. It was such an incidental part of the last one. It shows some narrative promise, though, and it would certainly fit the now all-but-necessary franchise theme of remnants of the old world clashing/converging to determine the fate of the new.

12. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    You made me think of this Robot Chicken sketch; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LGu1sOvxYs

As for the change in the Morse Code, I honestly doubt that it has anything to do with some random tidbit in Fallout 3.
    It is mostly fan speculation IMO.

13. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Well now I have 2 hype train teaser websites that will probably just disappoint me in the end.

http://p-ch.jp/

14. Emperor

Emperor Simplesmente Rajuma

Aug 4, 2013
  15. Jones.SPJ

Jones.SPJ First time out of the vault

Nov 22, 2013
    ZL QRNE FVFGRE. V'Z URNQVAT GB GUR VAFGVGHGR. TBQ XABJF JUNG UNCCRARQ GB GUVF CYNPR ABJ. GUVF BYQ ONFGNEQ JVYY URYC HF. UR ZHFG URYC HF. --0321--

MY DEAR SISTER. I'M HEADING TO THE INSTITUTE. GOD KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS PLACE NOW. THIS OLD BASTARD WILL HELP US. HE MUST HELP US. --0321--

16. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    If that is true then it sounds less likely to be fake, is too elaborated. Either that or there is troll out there with a lot of money to spare.

Has Bethesda addressed this at all?

17. qlawless26

qlawless26 First time out of the vault

Sep 1, 2012
    IGN asked Bethesda to comment on thesurvivor2299 several days ago, and they refused. They still haven't said anything... leading me to think that this is actually legit.

18. Bewitched

Bewitched aka Vault_13

Jun 13, 2006
    The line with the number is gone now :(. Did anyone really saw it and can confirm the 877-260-2299 number is legit?

19. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Sorry to be a nitpicking asshole but there Bethesda already makes a mistake.
    There were only 122 Vaults.

Unless they assigned random designations to Vaults to give the impression that there were more than a 122.

20. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    I REALLY hope at this point that it's fake. I really do NOT want a fallout 4 about an android slavery analogy. Since both the elements of that are quite intrinsically stupid and unfitting to fallout.