Things we learned from Fallout 3

Discussion in 'Fallout 3 Discussion' started by maximaz, Mar 7, 2009.

1. White Knight

White Knight Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Aug 28, 2010
    Thats not what your supposed to do. You post a numbered point about something stupid or funny from fallout 3.

2. Bakura

Bakura Still Mildly Glowing

Sep 8, 2011
    558: James(your Dad), dispite having a pipboy, would rather run 80 miles to Rivet city instead of just fast travling there.(Yeah dad, I don't mind running across the entire wastland,it's not like I have 300 pounds of power armor on my person or anything.)

3. the_cpl

the_cpl Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 9, 2009
    Ok.

559: If you accidently steal a fork, the entire town hate you

Close enough? :wink:

4. White Knight

Aug 28, 2010
    Yeah thats pretty much what you do.

5. Knight Captain Kerr

Knight Captain Kerr Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 27, 2011
    Not killing yourself to turn on a purifier but rather letting your friend who won't be harmed doing it turn it on makes you a coward.

If you leave the vault you live in you can change everything about your body and what you are good at.

6. White Knight

Aug 28, 2010
    562. The Lone wanderers father is the only middle aged man in the wasteland, as everybody knows who he is.

7. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    563. If you shoot him in the head his coments are "what kind of dissapointment you are".

- Seriously now if this would have been HALF of a Fallout game it would have gave you the option to kill your father right away :D

8. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    564. Killing your father is awesome, Bethesda are just crazy Bible-thumpers so they disallowed it.

:P

9. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    you are aware that fast travelign is a gameplay thing and not somethign characters actually do? see how the time passes when going from one place to the other?

10. White Knight

Aug 28, 2010
    565. During your time incarcerated at Raven Rock, the enclave never think to check that you are a pure human, and just assume you are.

11. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Correct but it could be easily extrapolated that players will likely fast-travel, thus a small chunk of code could (should) have been added to check if you fast traveled, and if you did, move your father accordingly. While current functionality is intuitive in terms of realism, it's very unintuitive in terms of game mechanics.

12. Krinkels

Krinkels First time out of the vault

Nov 12, 2011
    566. Powered armour, which supposedly makes one more agile with the assistance of motors and such, results in a rather sluggish pace.

13. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Heh heh, yeah that always pissed me off. Fallout 1 explicitly states in the item description that it does not affect movement or mobility.

14. Courier

Courier Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Apr 10, 2011
    I think that's a little forgivable, it's probably just gameplay-story segregation anyways. If power armor didn't constrict your movement in FO3 and NV it would pretty much make you invincible.

15. Faceless Stranger

Faceless Stranger Board Drifter

Aug 19, 2010
    Because power armor was all that strong in FO3.

557. Super-mutants in DC are created in imaginary vats.

16. CthuluIsSpy

CthuluIsSpy A Smooth-Skin

Dec 20, 2011
    That's weird. When I fast travel, the Dad is there waiting for me.

568 - An energy weapon that has all of its parts exposed is perfectly safe to fire, and will not blow up in your hand at all.
    (Seriously, would you want to fire a FO3 plasma rifle? It looks like something that some guy built in garage!)

569 - Children are mini nuke proof. This is completely plausible and realistic.

17. Nave Senrag

Nave Senrag First time out of the vault

Aug 2, 2011
    Now that I think about it, I don't remember there being any vats in Vault 87.

18. CthuluIsSpy

CthuluIsSpy A Smooth-Skin

Dec 20, 2011
    Maybe they are kept on a inaccessible floor, and Bethesda was too lazy to put them in?

19. Yamu

Yamu Le Fromage Vieux oTO Moderator Orderite

Jul 26, 2003
    I've often wondered why more people aren't wandering around the wasteland with three or four kids strapped to their bodies.

20. Richwizard

Richwizard I'm not dead! Orderite

Jan 18, 2010
    570. Being well armed and indestructable, children from Little Lamplight would make perfect mercernary bodyguards.