TKsMantis got banned from Fallout 4 New Vegas because of his opinions on fallout the frontier

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by Smart Harry, May 19, 2021.

1. Big No

Big No Watch as I open and close this door

Oct 28, 2014
    I wouldn't mind a sequel to LA Noire using modern technology, although that would require Rockstar to stop releasing GTA V for a few minutes which they'll never do.

2. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Team Bondi went caput tho.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  3. Big No

Oct 28, 2014
    I believe Rockstar kept the IP for LA Noire though so if they wanted to make a sequel than they have the ability to do so.

4. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    It would benefit from scaling back, drop the open world and gunplay. Make it a full graphic adventure.

5. Big No

Oct 28, 2014
    That was one of the criticisms of LA Noire for sure. A recreation of 40's LA is great and all, but there wasn't too much to do besides find cars and collectables. Only history buffs would probably get a kick out of the immense detail.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. Atomic Postman

Atomic Postman Vault Archives Overseer

Mar 16, 2013
    I thought LA Noire looked great for the time. It was actually clever/funny that the facial capture technology basically meant all in-game faces would have a strange look to their hair, basically no hair, because of the way it worked. However because the game was set in the 1940s, they could get you to pretty easily forget about that because the era was full of gelled, tightly combed haircuts.

7. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    It looked impressive back then but now it's straight uncanny valley, in a really funny way because the actors are also pretty goofy in their performances.

8. KingArthur

KingArthur The Blobtit of Blaviken

Jun 25, 2018
    But how will they tell I’m lying if I don’t dart my eyes back and forth like I’m trying to gather momentum to throw them from my skull?

9. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  10. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Apparently they also went at it in a really dumb way, instead of turning the face scan into morphs or bones they instead created a separate head model for each frame of the animation and just cycled through them like a Sprite sheet.

11. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    "NMA is full of toxic people yadda-yadda" is what you hear all over the internet. Then you read about kiddie shit like this happening everywhere but here. I can't stop loling.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  12. megamike15

megamike15 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 30, 2016
    what really isnt helping is mantis went from doing in deph fallout videos to 20 seconds " did you know?" click bait shit.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 4
  13. raynor009

raynor009 Yeehaw!?!

Apr 29, 2012
    i remember this mantis guy was in The Khans. a player faction on the now almost defunct(it's alright to let go) fonline reloaded. he was selling his mugs and tshirts to faction members on teamspeak. that whole group of players only mission was to talk shit and start shit. even back then his YT content was lame af. its in recent years that he's been attacking other people in the hopes that he will gain popularity.