Which mods/patches for Fallout 1&2?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
there's also sfall that also has options to increase resolution or play windowed or 16bit or using dx9. Using DirectX9 you can also use scalers but you need global.fx file found somewhere in FO2 Engine Tweaks thread. Sfall includes many other options as well from world map travel time tweaks to random encounter rate settings among others.

Sfall is also included in Killap's Restoration project. Don't know if it's included with his patch though.

Remember if you intend to use either his patch or restoration project, you must install them over unpatched 1.00 version of Fallout 2. Killap's patch includes the official patch and restoration project includes his patch.

gregor_y said:
Petrell said:
Using DirectX9 you can also use scalers but you need global.fx

global.fx hm i couldent find it earlier maybe someone got link to this file so i try sfall?

here's one (use save as) but now I'm bit unsure if it's actually needed anymore (the zip I got from the russian site that is supposed to include filters only has the ddraw.dll and ddraw.ini in it). Timeslip has the source now so maybe he has already integrated it but to make sure I posted the question in the afore mentioned thread (the FO2 Engine Tweaks topic).

Anyway, you need the global.fx only for the filters.

I can change resolution with sfall but it only stretches graphics i want same efect like with Fallout2.exe Patcher game in 800x600 looks so fine :)

Any idea is its possible with sfall?

It isnt possible. Also, if it would be possible, it would generate errors in the interface.

Lexx said:
It isnt possible. Also, if it would be possible, it would generate errors in the interface.

Damn too bad im doomed to 640x480 ehh patcher had only 3 glitches why dident they finished it :)

Good Mods

Hey i was just wondering what mods i should definitely pick up. Preferably ones that add more content/places/quests and other mods that improve looks and stuff.

Thanks

also is there some tool where i could make my leather armour have the stats of power armour? and improv damage for some weapons?
Thanks

Hey i was just wondering what mods i should definitely pick up. Preferably ones that add more content/places/quests and other mods that improve looks and stuff.

Killap's Expansion or MIB88's Mega mod!

It wouldn't be that hard to search for them really would it? Did you even look in the files page?

also is there some tool where i could make my leather armour have the stats of power armour? and improv damage for some weapons?

That depends on my much you care! Do you know anything about modding? Are you willing to learn - as far as I know there is no simple tool.

There are weapon mods but who knows if they're compatible with Killap's or MIB88's mods!

Why not just have normal powerarmour?

is killaps expansion the unofficial mod because i saw that, and I did look in the files, seeing arroyo mods, and EPA that was in polish description. I just wanted a someone to point me to one that was considered the best. Also are those two mods compatible with each other?

I like the looks of the leather jacket opposed to power armour.

question about mods/patches

I am sure this has been asked before but.... you know....

So I am new here and am curious which patches and mods are compatible? Which ones are good?

As far as patches I have now downloaded multiple killpa patches.
I also am looking at the restoration project which was done by Killap. Does this have the patches installed?
If this has been answered in detail somewhere please just point me in the right direction.

I am interested in the restoration project and the megamod as well as patches that fix the bugs and errors. I see a npc mod that looks interesting too but the descriptions do not clarify whether it will be compatible or not.

thanks for the help,
runic

Re: question about mods/patches

If you can't be assed to help someone, shut up.
If you want a thread gone, use the report button.
Stop backseat moderating.

runicNomad said:
So I am new here and am curious which patches and mods are compatible? Which ones are good?

Thanks to some efforts, you don't really need to worry.

MIB88's Megamod holds a buttload of patches.
killap's restoration project is another good overhaul.

You can try New Vision and Shattered Destiny too.

Mods are generally not compatible, or at least it can be hard to tell for big mods. MIB88 combines a lot, tho'. You can only have one patch.

runicNomad said:
As far as patches I have now downloaded multiple killpa patches.
I also am looking at the restoration project which was done by Killap. Does this have the patches installed?
If this has been answered in detail somewhere please just point me in the right direction.

Just use the latest patch

The restoration project has the latest patch, yes.

Which one should I stick with?

Hey people, I have downloaded the following mods:

mm_2.33_full_repack.rar
F2_Restoration_Project_1.1.exe
Fallout 2 Unofficial Patch 1.02.22

Which one has more to offer?

Re: Which one should I stick with?

lonrot said:
Hey people, I have downloaded the following mods:

mm_2.33_full_repack.rar
F2_Restoration_Project_1.1.exe
Fallout 2 Unofficial Patch 1.02.22

Which one has more to offer?

Mega Mod is the compilation of various mods but Restoration Mod adds the things which creators of Fallout2 never added to the game. The best way to know which mod is better is:
- reading "readme.txt" files
- reading the threads of this mods here on NMA forum

In my opinion Mega Mod adds more things, but is another than Restoration Mod, so try to play the first Mega Mod then unistall that and install Unofficial Patch with Restoration Mod.

Thanks, I guess it's better to play the original concept with some tuneups.

I have never played the game, but I suppose that the mega mod modifies drastically the game.

Which mods/patches should i install?

Like in the subject.

I just installed Fallout 2 and its pretty raw (v1.0 english). So could anyone give me some links with stuff i need?

And of course excuse me please for posting in wrong category (since i am new im almost sure its wrong ;) And for not searching on my own, but i dont even now where to begin. And for my english too, its not my native. I hope its enough of disclaimers :)

Any help will be really appreciated :)

Back