Which mods/patches for Fallout 1&2?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
Horrible said:
so is that to say megamod and killap will work, or work in concert with one and other?

No, but I believe the Megamod includes most or all of killap's bugfixes.

aha- i thought something was up when my character refused to equip the fork, then game crashed. thanks for clearing that up.

Per said:
No, but I believe the Megamod includes most or all of killap's bugfixes.

Yes, most of them. There are a number of his fixes that weren't implemented because a part of the story, and thereby the corresponding bug, was removed or changed. Examples of this can be found in bug fixes around Klamath regarding the Duntons, rescuing Torr, and the 'bugmen'. And there were fixes I couldn't make due to...ah, technical difficulties. Of course, the Megamod has its own bugs.

I want to replay FO2!

Haven't played it in years. I doubt that i downloaded any patches back then. Any advice what patches/mods i need for a decent emotional replay? Thanks in advance.

*sigh*
Search the bleeding forums, and post in the right places!
For fuck's sake.

[FO2] So, uh . . . which fan patch?

Yep, so I'm looking at all these fan patches here, read the details for all, and I quite simply can't figure out which one I should pick. Suggestions, anyone?

And I'm looking for people who would bleeding post in the right places!

Looking for the Best Fallout 2 Mods.

Hey guys. I just decided to load up FO2 after 10 years of inactivity.

This time, I figured a mod or two would be in order but I can't decide which / what might best serve my needs. I'm mainly looking for

1) Something that polishes the bugs found in the final release of F02.

2) Something that perhaps unlocks some content that was originally there and fleshes it out into something useful / meaningful.

3) Stuff that doesn't cheapen the game or make it easier / less immersive.

So, I'm not looking to have Klint offer me all the weapons in the game at the start or stuff that gives me some kind of superhero edge. I'm also not looking for anything that changes the original FO2 experience (alters or over writes old quests). I'm just looking for the ultimate original experience, if that makes sense (I guess player created quests are fine, as long as they're not a replacement to the original).

Anyhow, I found 3 mods that peak my interest:

MegaMod (but I can't tell if it adds a bunch of dreck that would make it easier).

or

Killpatch (or something like that, seems to be nothing but bug fixes).

Unfortunately, these don't work together and I'm suspect of the Megamod at the moment.

There is also a "drugs are fun" mod that I'm interested in but am not sure if it works with the others listed above.

Thanks!

ps: My apologies for not posting this in the correct forum. I'm new around here, as well you can tell.

Allright, I hope my post will make sense, because the forum looks are making me blind&dizzy :P

I only just decided to start playing again and remembered unofficial patches. I used to have the 1.05 one, but now found out there are more.

Is anyone able to briefly (is it possible at all?) tell me the differences between the 1.051 and Killap's patches? The latter one seems to be being updated even nowadays! That caught my attention. But is it possible to tell which is better? I assume there are things one fixes and the other doesn't..

octopuss_cz said:
Allright, I hope my post will make sense, because the forum looks are making me blind&dizzy :P

I only just decided to start playing again and remembered unofficial patches. I used to have the 1.05 one, but now found out there are more.

Is anyone able to briefly (is it possible at all?) tell me the differences between the 1.051 and Killap's patches? The latter one seems to be being updated even nowadays! That caught my attention. But is it possible to tell which is better? I assume there are things one fixes and the other doesn't..

Well you could look at the change notes of each patch. Mine is about 20x longer. 8-) Seriously though, every actual bug fix in the 1.05 patch is part of mine plus an addition 500+ more.

Now THAT is what I call pefect answer :)

I just read the patchnotes - you obviously are one hell of a Fallout fan with some technical knowledge :)

One question: in original 1.02 F2 I once got to lvl 92 (serious) and then lost the save. Tried same (the goal was to get all perks, lol) with 1.05 and all of suden, when roaming the mutant planes around SF, the game kicked me to main menu w/o single word. Later I was told there's hard cap of 12 (?) years... I was like WTF? Why? There's not even any notice about that in manual, ingame, nowhere.
Now, the difference was that in original F2 I kept running into lots of mutants and floaters while in the .05 patch it often took me few ingame days to get another encounter. What's the possible internal change causing this? And how's this kind of stuff in your patch? :)

Are there any mods recommended for play?

Hi anybody,
after a loooong time I decided to play Fallout 2 again.
I have the US Version patched to 1.02 and everything is fine so far.
But as I remember, there are still lots-a-bugs in it.

So my question: Am I right? Are there any custom patches recommended before starting the game?

Getting rid of the bugs is all I want, but if there is a good (and stable!) patch which also adds new material without affecting the original storyline that's perfectly ok.

I appreciate any help. Thanks

Re: Are there any mods recommended for play?

DracoDruid said:
Getting rid of the bugs is all I want, but if there is a good (and stable!) patch which also adds new material without affecting the original storyline that's perfectly ok.

Hey what your looking for is Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.1 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion) it already got all fixes and expands fallout 2 world and keeps the orginal storyline.

Any way you writed you got installed patch 1.2 well you need to uninstall game the expansion got its own patch already with lots more fixes...

Back