would you survive the wasteland?

overseeer106

First time out of the vault
do you think you have a chance to survive the wasteland?

i think i have some chance i know martial arts and im really good at scavageing but i don't have a weapon

but what about you?

I'm a cold-hearted sociopath with a knack for hitting things with sticks until they turn into broken versions of said things, I'd be the most feared raider in the wasteland

I was raised with guns. I know how to shoot and not waste ammo. Knowing how to reload ammo helps too. I am also good at troubleshooting and fixing things. Life in the wasteland won't be comfortable, but I'll manage.

I think I would have the skills to survive for awhile. I am a pretty good marksman and have decent survivalist skills. I guess it depends on what kind of Wasteland we are talking about. I usually like to stockpile a couple months worth of supplies (food,water,ammo), but I have been slacking recently.

overseeer106 said:
i think i have some chance i know martial arts and im really good at scavageing but i don't have a weapon
Did no one else find this sentence to be hilarious?

The wasteland will survive me.

I would only survive if Radscorpions are weak against flaming and hating Fallout 3

Lucky me, there are no scorpions near my city.
I'd have to fight rats, dogs, and probably some sort of mutant cats, though.

I don't have a gun, I can't run fast, and i'm not a good melee fighter.

Unless I got a gun, I'd be dead.

Oppen said:

On top of all the crazy ass cannibals who would want to eat and rape you. People would be the biggest threat.

TorontRayne said:
Oppen said:

On top of all the crazy ass cannibals who would want to eat and rape you. People would be the biggest threat.
Indeed.

Oppen said:

tumblr_kxu85u7YK41qzxzwwo1_500.jpg

I doubt mutant cats will be much of a problem...

WelcomeToNewReno said:
Oppen said:

tumblr_kxu85u7YK41qzxzwwo1_500.jpg

I doubt mutant cats will be much of a problem...

I would keep that one as a pet.

Lol.. welp, I have a shot, mainly because I live about 300 miles from any place that would be nuked, secluded in the wilderness.

Add that with 4 pistols, 3 shotguns, 2 hunting rifles, 2 .22 rifles, a blackpowder rifle, tons of ammo, lots of wildlife, a pond with fish, 1 german shepherd, couple pellet rifles, generator...well, it sure would be boring but I have the means to manage at least awhile. But, would you want to? I guess if I got lucky and a harem of swimsuit models wandered to my place, it would be worth it.

Nobody would clim up the fuck here, and I don't think they would waste nukes on my country, so Yeah I could survive it.

Am I seriously the only one that would be a raider? What's all this 'lone wanderer' business? Makes for a good game/movie, not very realistic. Strength in numbers, join a family. And if that family happens to hit lone wanderers with sticks first and ask questions never while picking through his belongings then all the better.

Is this a serious thread? :P

I don't think anyone would "survive" from this site here if we take the nuclear holocaust as cause for "a wasteland". ;)

Also, I don't see much a point in surviving such a disaster, you're better of to die in the blastwave, a lucky death.

Surf Solar said:
Also, I don't see much a point in surviving such a disaster, you're better of to die in the blastwave, a lucky death.

Or commit a suicide. Not a bad thing.

Or, as Formerk says, the raider gang. Albeit a little bit different in my case.

No crazy ass son of a bitch would want to nuke my little town, or any neighboring one, only real danger would be from fallout and radiation.

Anyway, given that I'm supremely intelligent, I'll organize a decent gang, being the leader, slowly take over the town, be it diplomacy or killings, conduct my reign of terror hanging or otherwise executing whoever stands on my way. Damn strong discipline - righteous, but horrible.
Slowly, I'd take over the neighboring communities, and in process I'll be training an army of badass, paprika-induced motorbike warriors who are highly trained and specialized in strategy, tactics, survival skills, using all kind of weapons - one army whose name shall be spoken only in the deepest and darkest corners of this earth...the Hazel Nuts.

Ultimately, I'll take over this land, piece by piece.

As the smokes of firestorms and carnage left by my shock forces rise, and as the blood of my enemies flows and soaks the soil, I'd be enjoying myself with all the spoils of war. Clean water, women, food, books, technology, video games, comics, music, art, weaponry, paprika... Oh, so much paprika.

In the end, once my reign is supreme, once all the paprika is mine, at least, the dawn of the new Golden Age will arrive. For from the ashes of the nuclear war a new civilization has risen - all shall hail the almighty Hegemony of the Hazel Bush! All shall hail me, their new immortal God and leader! All shall love and fear me!

And then I'd commence eating all the paprika...oh, so much paprika...

Then I die.

Back