would you survive the wasteland?

Yes. I will survive. I'll always be in ambush from the back of the victim and with big knife type sword. Fear for the raiders,i'll make from them a squirming torso with only a head.

I think here on the forum ,we have people who are able to survive for real. I believe in that.

Formerk said:
Am I seriously the only one that would be a raider? What's all this 'lone wanderer' business? Makes for a good game/movie, not very realistic. Strength in numbers, join a family. And if that family happens to hit lone wanderers with sticks first and ask questions never while picking through his belongings then all the better.

I would be a one man raider collecting women. I live in too remote an area to ever trust anyone to create a gang. So, any male who wandered onto my place would have to be killed. If any of my friends made it here, as they know what a nice post apocalyptic pad I have, then I could form a gang,

Prosatanos said:
big knife type sword.
Oh, I also have a sword. Not the flimsy display type, but high quality steel. It wouldn't be much help against guns, which is why I also have guns, but raiders with sticks are fresh meat.

Richwizard said:
Prosatanos said:
big knife type sword.
Oh, I also have a sword. Not the flimsy display type, but high quality steel. It wouldn't be much help against guns, which is why I also have guns, but raiders with sticks are fresh meat.

Me, You and other nasty,nasty,crazy,crazy survivals will be the fearless group. That will keep us alive. Ambush, traps = blood & torn meat everywhere = victim's gun. What you say, will be great.

You two are adorable :mrgreen:

No crazy ass son of a bitch would want to nuke my little town, or any neighboring one, only real danger would be from fallout and radiation.
It's hard to say with my area. We're a low population and our biggest dangers would be maybe one of the bigger cities up north getting hit and fallout flowing down the jetstream, but we have several barely-secret missile silos dotted all over the place (and a few disused ones for sale) so we'd be an accident away from turning into a large-scale Lonesome Road which would put an entirely different spin on things

Also, forget paprika. Nutmeg is where the action is

I have water covered (to a few hundred thousand gallons)
Katyden expedition plus 6 spare filters.

Guns- Check
Ammo- More than I could ever use -Check
on top of everything else, I just bought an Arisaka rechambered for 30-06 and a 9mm carbine patterned after a Thompson m1.

Food - 1 willing to "scavenge" from anyone else around -Check
2 willing to use scavengees as fertilizer for next years crop -check
3 willing to eat scavengees if it comes down to it -check

Looks like I have most of my bases covered.

My next plan is to burn copies of Doomsday preppers on DVD and leave them on every doorway in the neighborhood.

If other people collect and store food for me, all the better.

WPD

Formerk said:
It's hard to say with my area. We're a low population and our biggest dangers would be maybe one of the bigger cities up north getting hit and fallout flowing down the jetstream, but we have several barely-secret missile silos dotted all over the place (and a few disused ones for sale) so we'd be an accident away from turning into a large-scale Lonesome Road which would put an entirely different spin on things

We're a middle-sized town, so to speak. Though there is a bigger town, 40km up north. I don't think it's a place someone would nuke, but let's say it, fallout is definitely a problem. Hell, according to this Tsar-sized bomb, even a blastwave would reach me.
Other than that, just the capital city, 400km up north. Again, fallout too, but nothing I can do about it.

Formerk said:
Also, forget paprika. Nutmeg is where the action is

Damn true, damn true. I'm not surprised you could see through my plan, you're one of the few who'd figure out, but I'm not really happy with it. I was hoping people wouldn't realize nutmeg is my main target, because it is rare. Rarer than paprika. Paprika is just a decoy...
Paprika and its sorts are a main plant here, so to speak. Great soil for great agricultural production. We people are born addicted to it.

Damn you, Fk, it was supposed to be a secret plan.

I think I would survive. I doubt I'd be very successful but I could probably manage to keep myself alive for a few years. I'd probably try and hook up with the first group that would have me, and just keep up with them as long as I could. I don't claim to be an expert on guns, but I'm a halfway decent shot and hopefully I'd meet someone who could teach me the finer points of maintenance, if there's one thing I definitely am it's a quick study.

I've got a chronic debilitating illness that would probably make me next to useless over time if medication for it couldn't be obtained, but I'm also of a sort that tends to crop up in post-apocalyptic stories from time to time whose geniality and non-threatening nature tend to endear him to the group despite the fact that his only skills are being a decent conversationalist and winning at Trivial Pursuit. I'd have a chance at survival in a "ragtag band" situation if it wasn't one of those really gritty apocalypses, but I'd know I was a draw on resources with no value as a group asset aside from a minor boost to morale. I'd probably sneak off in the night to find somewhere really well-hidden and do myself in.

My wife has MS. Her meds (injectable) are made in Israel...

She can live without them, but will loose function after her flare ups (which will happen much more often).

She wont make it too long after something bad :cry:

So, I guess I will just have to take it out on everyone else.

Survive for how long? :)

I have firearms, ammo, some food, survival kits, tactical gear. I could live 2 weeks longer than the others. Maybe. :lol:

Seasick said:
I don't have a gun, I can't run fast, and i'm not a good melee fighter.

Unless I got a gun, I'd be dead.
I'm this but weaker. Though if you look at it how long after the great war? Because I'm decent at talking my way out of things and stealing. If it was about 2090 Hell no. If it was around later in an area that has towns I think I could. If you mean if we got hit with nukes right now.....If I became coldblooded (And there was low radiation levels.) I could take out the surviving neighbors because I think I know where in the house there's a gun and then take their supplies. And the house has an alarm so that would help.

wasteland survival is about more than guns and popping ghouls.

try living in the desert, without a home to return to.

im gonna bet we would all die. me, all of you.

I think surviving in a postnuclear wasteland hasnt much to do with skills and equipment. It's more or less a matter of luck who will survive.

Also i think guns are not that important. You would most likely not meet anyone in months. So as a raider you would most likly just starve to death because you dont find someone to raid or you just get killed in the attempt to raid someone.
And there isnt a infinit supply of ammo. There are no factorys producing ammo anymore. New ammo would need to be handcrafted and would be very expensive.

Personaly if i would be lucky enough to survive i would stay on my own or with just 1 or 2 other people. To many people make to many problems and have stupid ideas and do stupid things that get you killed.

Back