Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.2 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Did you try talking to him after the two, or three float lines?

-This has probably been mentioned before but the kid in The Den
residential area asks you to help him and found the orphanage even after it was founded.

First off I just want to say that I'm a long-time reader, first time poster. This is a great website and a great forum!

1. I'm having a huge problem as well. Sometimes what happens is I go into a city, such as San Francisco, and could not go from the Downtown area to the Docks, or from the Shii area into Downtown. It just froze on me when the world logo/loading cursor popped up, and it didn't spin around. I was wondering if there was a fix for this particular bug.

2. The other, HUGE problem is that after I got to the Enclave oil rig, talked to the Elder, the President, and then blew up the computer. Then I go and fight that huge mother fucker Horrigan, and the bug happens. I try to either A) go downstairs to get my people, or B) go outside onto the deck next to the ship, and then it automatically cuts to the ending movie where the oil rig blows up. But after that, it plays it AGAIN, and then has a flash of a white screen, and then goes to the game menu screen as if nothing had happened. Other times, if I press escape once or twice to get out of both movies quicker, it goes to a black screen where I can't even CTL-ALT-DEL... I have to restart my computer to do anything.

I just tried to remove the nonessential items out of my inventory from the saved game spot that I have after I killed Horrigan, but all that did was change the bug to only showing the end movie once, and then going to a black screen with the crashed game sound, and having to CTL-ALT-DEL my way out of it.

It's really pissing me off because I want to finish the game :( Any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks.

EDIT: I'm running Windows XP, with the Fallout 2 Restoration Project installed without any other patches or anything before that or after that. I also used Falche 2 (the cheating thing, yes, I know, I'm an asshole. Though I use it mostly to increase the weight).

Hello,

Just posting information about a crash I experience when playing after installing the Restoration project.

Firstly, Thank you for your hard effort! I used your unoffical patch when I first played Fallout 2. I have been monitering your progress with the restoration project and I decided that I would give it a go on my latest playthrough.

Now to the problem:
When I try and leave the map for "Klamath, Downtown" using the bottom left exit location the game crashes. This is happens everytime and gives the same error. I get a brief view of the next map, enough to see that it is another section of town before the game exits back to windows.
The error says:
"The instruction at 004af46a referenced memory at 00000028
The memory could not be read from"

Useful Information:
I installed a fresh copy of Fallout2 over the top of my existing directory and then extracted the files from your manual installer to the correct location. I then applied all the hotfixes that you have released on the first post and then started a new game.
I have explored some of the new regions in the restoration patch without any difficulty (i.e. Primative village etc).

I am running Vista64 Ultimate Edition with 4Gb ram.

Hopefully you will be able to find what is causing this error so i can get back to enjoying the changes that you and others have brought to the game.

Tiddalick said:
I installed a fresh copy of Fallout2 over the top of my existing directory and then extracted the files from your manual installer to the correct location. I then applied all the hotfixes that you have released on the first post and then started a new game.
I have explored some of the new regions in the restoration patch without any difficulty (i.e. Primative village etc)

You error sounds like there's something wrong with your Klamath map. I think you should completely uninstall the game first, then install a fresh copy of Fallout 2, and only then download RP1.2 with all the hotfixes.

zenitfan4life said:
Tiddalick said:
You error sounds like there's something wrong with your Klamath map. I think you should completely uninstall the game first, then install a fresh copy of Fallout 2, and only then download RP1.2 with all the hotfixes.

Well I should have done this in the first place... It works just fine now. I thought I had deleted everything before putting in the newer files, guess I missed a few.

Thanks!

2Face2Furious said:
First off I just want to say that I'm a long-time reader, first time poster. This is a great website and a great forum!

1. I'm having a huge problem as well. Sometimes what happens is I go into a city, such as San Francisco, and could not go from the Downtown area to the Docks, or from the Shii area into Downtown. It just froze on me when the world logo/loading cursor popped up, and it didn't spin around. I was wondering if there was a fix for this particular bug.

2. The other, HUGE problem is that after I got to the Enclave oil rig, talked to the Elder, the President, and then blew up the computer. Then I go and fight that huge mother fucker Horrigan, and the bug happens. I try to either A) go downstairs to get my people, or B) go outside onto the deck next to the ship, and then it automatically cuts to the ending movie where the oil rig blows up. But after that, it plays it AGAIN, and then has a flash of a white screen, and then goes to the game menu screen as if nothing had happened. Other times, if I press escape once or twice to get out of both movies quicker, it goes to a black screen where I can't even CTL-ALT-DEL... I have to restart my computer to do anything.

I just tried to remove the nonessential items out of my inventory from the saved game spot that I have after I killed Horrigan, but all that did was change the bug to only showing the end movie once, and then going to a black screen with the crashed game sound, and having to CTL-ALT-DEL my way out of it.

It's really pissing me off because I want to finish the game :( Any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks.

EDIT: I'm running Windows XP, with the Fallout 2 Restoration Project installed without any other patches or anything before that or after that. I also used Falche 2 (the cheating thing, yes, I know, I'm an asshole. Though I use it mostly to increase the weight).

I just wanted to add that I already uninstalled Fallout 2, and reinstalled it, then installed the RP 1.2

2face:
sounds like its falche2 causeing this,but check you ddraw.ini file in fallout2 directory and see if you configurations are suitable for your os and hardware.

Had an issue with NPCs after running into Kaga. I had Lenny, Vic, and Sulik with me, ran into Kaga (I think the 2nd or 3rd time), and after that, in every fight, Lenny, Vic and Sulik would walk/run off instead of fighting (even against geckos). Any ideas?

Yendor said:
Had an issue with NPCs after running into Kaga. I had Lenny, Vic, and Sulik with me, ran into Kaga (I think the 2nd or 3rd time), and after that, in every fight, Lenny, Vic and Sulik would walk/run off instead of fighting (even against geckos). Any ideas?
I have similar problems with them. They're not crippled so they should be fighting but act like a bunch of cowards.

Lol So I killed them too hehehe. That solved my problems fast. :twisted:

Destroyaz_ said:
2face:
sounds like its falche2 causeing this,but check you ddraw.ini file in fallout2 directory and see if you configurations are suitable for your os and hardware.
I have no idea what I'm looking at there - I just left everything default.

@2Face@Furious,

Check the tech info and bug list page also, and you might find some help for these problems.
Follow the 'Vault-Tec' link below to "Killap's Restoration Project" and there's all sorts of useful info there.

I had a friend install the restoration patch, then try to apply a no CD patch (old laptop, non-functioning CD drive), the no CD patch couldn't find the master data. Any ideas?

Yendor said:
I had a friend install the restoration patch, then try to apply a no CD patch (old laptop, non-functioning CD drive), the no CD patch couldn't find the master data. Any ideas?
go out and buy the real thing, I got all three for 10 bucks. I could get me and 1/10 of my hundred friend(s) a copy for the same price I could get f3, wait thats 12 copies each of fot, fallout 1 and fallout 2

Morticia said:
@2Face@Furious,

Check the tech info and bug list page also, and you might find some help for these problems.
Follow the 'Vault-Tec' link below to "Killap's Restoration Project" and there's all sorts of useful info there.

Thanks Morticia, it seems that the link here has the bugs that I listed on there already, and one has a fix/manual workaround, but the other (bigger, game-not-ending and instead crashing bug) is fixed, but the fix is not released :(

Thank God I have an earlier save game to go fuck around with :)

Just a tip for RP:
If you try to open any of the stack doors on the second level of the vault in Vault City and have Marcus in your party (which is possible after being the Captain), the door should not resist whatever your strength is.

2Face2Furious said:
Thanks Morticia, it seems that the link here has the bugs that I listed on there already, and one has a fix/manual workaround, but the other (bigger, game-not-ending and instead crashing bug) is fixed, but the fix is not released :(
Did you try to apply the fix found on the first page of this thread?

I dunno if it's an error or bug or what, but in Arroyo, I got the quest to get the flint, I talked to aunto morlis and found out that I needed three healing powders to get the flint. I then stole the flint from her. Then, just for kicks, I talked to her again and offered her the healing powders for the flint. She said she couldn't find it but took the healing powders anyway. But the healing powders stayed in my inventory.

from the dialogue it seems like she takes them. what's up?

killap said:
2Face2Furious said:
Did you try to apply the fix found on the first page of this thread?

This one?

*This has not yet been added to the installer/archive. You will have to apply this fix seperately.*
Going to the Enclave with the Vertibird would result in the ending slides not displaying correctly as well as being unable to continue playing the game. Grab fix here (Extract this .rar and copy the two files inside to your fallout2/data/scripts folder and overwrite what is there.)
Yeah, I did... but I didn't go to the Enclave with the Vertibird in the first place, and it didn't fix it anyway. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back