Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.2 - OPEN BETA (ie NOT FINAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I am currently playing the stable version, but it's not on the changelog, so here's my suggestion.

I suggest the ghoul in Broken Hill's refinery to be able to buy refined uranium ore. It only makes sense as when you have raw ore refined, he offers you money for it saying BH needs every ore they can get now. And quite often you get some ore when having encounter with BH caravan and raiders where the caravan master usually dies (most often being slaughtered by her guards btw). Now obtaining such ore is useless as it has no value.

Something similar may be done with fire gecko's pelts. Maybe even having some armor made from them? They are heavy like hell and cost only 5 dollars, isn't it somewhat strange?

Behemot said:
I suggest the ghoul in Broken Hill's refinery to be able to buy refined uranium ore. It only makes sense as when you have raw ore refined, he offers you money for it saying BH needs every ore they can get now. And quite often you get some ore when having encounter with BH caravan and raiders where the caravan master usually dies (most often being slaughtered by her guards btw). Now obtaining such ore is useless as it has no value.

I suppose the reason for that could be that people would "farm" those for easy cash if that went live. But I can be mistaken.

valcik said:
Behemot said:
They are heavy like hell and cost only 5 dollars, isn't it somewhat strange?
Hah, I've complained about the same thing some time ago. My complaint didn't make it past a clockwork-precise logic of Darek, the Viking detective, though. :P
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=796618
Heh :)
It's actually in the Fallout bible, you know.
It's possible they forgot to add it to the game and just made something up afterward. But as it's impossible for us to know, I don't think we should go and change it.

Darek said:
Heh :)
It's actually in the Fallout bible, you know.
It's possible they forgot to add it to the game and just made something up afterward. But as it's impossible for us to know, I don't think we should go and change it.
Yes, it was not in original game. So by adding it it is already changing the game, you know. So why not doing it the way it makes more sense?

As for the uranium ore, it may be implemented that by killing the traders, your BH karma will get lower and by getting too low, the ghoul won't talk to you. Not mentioning by killing them your karma drops even now. No problem for bad character though…

DeD_MaKaP said:
I've heard a fearsome rumors that release of RP is delayed to July :(
is that true?
Hah, I love rumors that start rumors. No one said anything about when this will finally be ready.

I had a massive launch at work leading up to two weeks ago and I just got back from a work/vacation trip. So, I haven't touched anything Fallout related in at least a month.

As has been said, I just gotta sit down and push through the final bits. As always, the good news is that the reports continue to trickle in and even the very rare bugs are being squashed.

I still need to read through the last few pages of this thread to see what has been discussed, hopefully nothing too major that would delay things.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm alive and that I'll be finding the time to get this out to you all once and for all. 8-)

Glad to hear you are alive and sound, Killap. BTW, here is something else, minor problem actually. If you use the experimental drug on mutant (that one which supposedly must recover his human form but actually kills him) in combat, nothing happens (you get your experience points, but that's it). If you use it normally, all proceeds smoothly (mutant dies, I mean).
Here is a save, for convenience.
http://rusfolder.com/36493914

mercurio101 said:
Glad to hear you are alive and sound, Killap. BTW, here is something else, minor problem actually. If you use the experimental drug on mutant (that one which supposedly must recover his human form but actually kills him) in combat, nothing happens (you get your experience points, but that's it). If you use it normally, all proceeds smoothly (mutant dies, I mean).
Here is a save, for convenience.
http://rusfolder.com/36493914

for me the mutant always goes squish when combat ends - for example I manage to run away and close combat or leave the map - I return and there's the puddle.

Last restoration pack I had I went with the default install, which included the primitive tribe add on and the encounter with the previous chosen one.

Although I did like the primitive tribe, I was wondering if there was a way to install this without it? Can't find the option in the installer. This goes double for the chosen one encounters,(if they are still in there.) as I wasn't a fan of them.

Onholyservicebound said:
Last restoration pack I had I went with the default install, which included the primitive tribe add on and the encounter with the previous chosen one.

Although I did like the primitive tribe, I was wondering if there was a way to install this without it? Can't find the option in the installer. This goes double for the chosen one encounters,(if they are still in there.) as I wasn't a fan of them.

I don't think there is an option to not install those elements. If you don't want to experience any of the new locations, like the Primitive Tribe, you can easily just not go to them.

However, with each new version of the RP, the added locations have been altered and enhanced, so I would encourage you to give it another shot with this upcoming release. They are now greatly improved over the old versions of the RP.

How has everyone's experience been with hi-res 4.0.2 alongside F2RP Beta?
Does it seem to be doing its job without crashes or glitches?

Sduibek said:
How has everyone's experience been with hi-res 4.0.2 alongside F2RP Beta?
Does it seem to be doing its job without crashes or glitches?
4.0.2 works fine with both RP 2.2 & UP beta on my PC. I only got the screen flickering issue during the Horrigan encounter.

Once again made it through all the reports that have come in. I feel like a broken record here. ;)

I've got Monday off and hope to get through the final other bits then.

@Darek
I like your idea about the password paper pieces and I've gone ahead and implemented it. It was clearly something the devs wanted and it was all implemented in the game except for putting the actual pieces somewhere. Not sure why I never did anything with this bit sooner...

I've placed the three pieces around building. They are not impossible to find but nor are they completely obvious. I think it's better than putting them in desks or containers where players are guaranteed to look. And I went with a global script for the check, so that the pieces are assembled in a reasonable amount of time and not when map_update feels like firing (probably the main reason why this idea was scrapped).

@ZorgForg
It's quite stable but if you've waited this long, might not hurt to wait a bit longer.

EDIT:
Also, I released this beta in January!!? Whoa, where the bleep does time go...

killap said:
Once again made it through all the reports that have come in. I feel like a broken record here. ;)

I've got Monday off and hope to get through the final other bits then.

This is awesome news. I'm pumped.

Dravean said:
I don't think there is an option to not install those elements. If you don't want to experience any of the new locations, like the Primitive Tribe, you can easily just not go to them.

However, with each new version of the RP, the added locations have been altered and enhanced, so I would encourage you to give it another shot with this upcoming release. They are now greatly improved over the old versions of the RP.

The primitive tribe is not really the issue, that was just out of curiosity; I like the improvements made but I wouldn't mind the -option- of taking out some of the non canon locations.

My problem was primarily the kaga encounter, I didn't like the writing, the encounter, or the fact that he returns despite me killing him every single encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back