Fallout 4 gameplay videos leaked, Bethesda starts taking them down

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Kilus, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Power armour already lets you breathe underwater for a bit longer, maybe they'll add a mod like an underwater jetpack...

2. Askorti

Askorti HATE NEWSPAPERS

Jun 30, 2015
    Speaking of Power Armor under water. I couldn't help myself but actually check what happens when you try to swim in it. Unsurprisingly, you start slowly walking down the riverbed. Kinda cool, but you have a limited supply of air which isn't indicated anywhere. Almost drowned this way.

3. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 12, 2011
    There no rebreather in FO4 like there is in New Vegas? :P

4. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    There's perk for that :D

5. FearMonkey

Oct 12, 2011
    lmao

6. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    I would rather want to see a perk for good dialog :/

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  7. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    I'm with you on that one.
    Well there's always hoping for the "Fallout 4: Extended Cut" edition.

8. Kilus

Kilus Not Australian Orderite

May 3, 2003
    It's called reinstall Fallout: New Vegas.

• [Like] [Like] x 5
  9. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Talking about Underwater Power armor, I once had an enemy (one of those stupid Raiders in their Junk Power Armor) fall to the water (he waslked off the edge of the boat we were fighting in) and he just sank to the bottom. I couldn't kill him because even grenades stop working on water and the game wouldn't let me fast travel because there was still an enemy in the area but the stupid raider was just there, chilling at the bottom of the ocean....

10. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  11. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    That's something I like doing in Morrowind, and to a lesser degree in Oblivion (cus it's generally less interesting, but whatever)
    Give myself an under water breathing amulet or something

and then just go chill under the sea

Like a sea god!

A sea god without any specific powers, other than saving Vvardenfell from all kinds of horror - for then to wade into the ocean, and chill under the waves

(obviously, it gets a bit boring in the long run)

12. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    Well, in Morrowind at least enemies/NPCs could actually drown.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  13. FearMonkey

Oct 12, 2011
    I have a question about something mentioned during the latest episode of IGN's Fallout podcast:

At the 15 minute mark or so, Miranda says that when companions kill things you don't get the XP for it? Is this true? Cuz in New Vegas if a companion kills something you do get XP for it. This something they changed? Or was it that way in FO3, Obsidian changed it for NV, and then Bethesda changed it back for FO4?

14. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    I think you get XP for it, at least I remember running with a companion and getting XP despite not having killed the enemy myself. It might be that you have to deal some (or most) of the damage yourself, though, I'm not sure right now.

15. khain

khain [X] Sarcastic

Dec 3, 2015
    It could be that (dealing a certain amount of damage yourself), that would explain the difference that I seem to see.

Sometimes I get the XP, sometimes I don't. At some point I thought it was a matter of companion identity (Dogmeat seemed to grant me XP more than Piper), but I just couldn't figure it out fully.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  16. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    There is always the possiblity.... that is yet another bug.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  17. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    Wasnt there this girl posting about her travels with Codsworth? Never killing anything and leaving everything to the robot? How would she have leveld up, if she never got XP for the kills. At least she got perks and all that.

18. Shardik

Shardik Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 5, 2015
    In New Vegas you got full XP for any kills made by your companions. In FO3, you got partial XP for companion kills if you inflicted some minimum percentage of the damage yourself (I want to say 33%, but I don't remember the exact number); if you didn't score that minimum amount of damage you got nothing at all.

19. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    So I went back to the game last night after a full week of not even touching it and I kid you not, I am not exagerating, I was so on auto pilot that I almost fell asleep on my keyboard. I actually got startled by a fearl ghoul because I was that close to just fucking falling asleep that even the last 3 enemy infested ruins didn't even stimulate me mentally. I was trying to grind relationships with Curieby doing Minutemen and BOS quests and I have been playing on survival btw.

With that little experience I tried something different today, I typed "player.modav experience 10000000000" and just leveled myself to 265 and oh my god is this game such a shit show with all the perks, I was getting little Vault boy animations everywhere for absolutely every action I did, enemies exploding into coins, all manner of sound bites. Reminded me of that Call of Duty parody... This is what Fallout is now....

20. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Dedman oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    I played for three hours today just fiddling with the half baked settlement stuff. That is more entertaining than half the shit you can do in the game. It really feels like something that should have been called Falloutcraft: A Post Apocalyptic Survival Game instead of being a numbered entry.