Fallout 4 gameplay videos leaked, Bethesda starts taking them down

The quest inside the Vault is called Out of Time and the quest the guy completes there as he gets close to the Preston Gravy guy is also Out of time. So once again, you are forced by story to join the Minutement. Already predicting the same exact situation with the BOS and the Railroad.

exiting the vault vid recap:

vault elevator so obviously placed on a hill and painted up that nobody could ever mistake it for anything else, rendering the vault not hidden in any fashion for 200 years.

terrible "epic music" while you kill a couple of flies in your house.

all of 5 minutes into the game, already have an invulnerable tank-dog companion that took nothing whatsoever to recruit.

water is all full of radiation still... and at +5 rads per second!

cooking spit straight out of Skyrim.

woo!

Last edited:
Stimpaks have an animation, but it barely lasts a second, and if you take more than one it will still only play the animation once.

I like the Armor Body Part thing, tho.

https://vid.me/4SoP

Leaving the Vault.

Not sure what I expected, but typical Bethesda, it looks like you don't get to set your perks before you leave and they stick numerous radroaches in your way that you pretty much are forced to kill thus preventing anyone from doing a no-kill run. Of course, that doesn't fit their theme of killing stuff to 50's music. Though you don't get access to radio stations until after you kill the radroaches so that doesn't fit in their theme either. Good job, Bethesda.

You could easily bypass those radroaches.

Again, you haven't set your perks yet so depending on your SPECIAL stats you might not survive taking all the hits from the stupid roaches while running past them. You have to set up your character with advanced knowledge of what you are going to run across, which is contrary to the concept of role-playing. Your character should have no prior knowledge of what skills/abilities/perks he'll need to have in order to survive the world after "total atomic annihilation".

I dunno, the whole not being able to choose a perk until after you leave the Vault is pretty bad game design regardless.

fighting raiders recap:

literally stabbing a guy in the butt 5 times without him noticing. RADIANT(TM)

Preston and his buddies standing around calmly, 20 feet and one open doorway away from the bunch of raiders you were fighting.

Quest to get power armor within first hour of gameplay, so you can "rip a minigun off a vertibird" and be a power suited badass just like the Crysis 2 intro.

Last edited:
Fighting raiders and meeting Preston:

<iframe src="https://vid.me/e/C1JI?stats=1&tools=1" allowfullscreen="" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="320" width="568"></iframe>

Damn, for a conversation about how many people they've lost, they both sound so disinterested.

literally stabbing a guy in the butt 5 times without him noticing.
He's obviously role-playing stealthy buttstabber. Not a bug, feature! :wiggle:
http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-bethesda-will-dial-back-graphics-in-favour-of-complex-systems/
Hines went on to emphasise the role-playing freedom Fallout 4 will offer. "If you want to pick flowers and make potions all day, then that's what you're role-playing," he said.

potions

A classic RPG without the potions and the fairies and all that crap

There are some real gems in that interview:

"Everything that we do is a balance," Hines said, via Gamespot. "We could make the best looking game possible, but we dial some of that back in order to allow for all of these other things."

^ They could, they just don't because of "other things" like their awesome map design of making every single dungeon with exactly 1 way to go through them.

Hines went on to emphasise the role-playing freedom Fallout 4 will offer. "If you want to pick flowers and make potions all day, then that's what you're role-playing," he said. "If you want to go shoot everybody in the head with a laser-musket, then that's what you're role-playing."

Potion making? Head shooter guy?

His grasp of the term "Role Playing" is just legendary.
Apparently using the features of the game is what constitutes role playing.

Picked a lock to get into a container = Lockpick guy roleplay.
Used WASD keys to move = Moving-around guy roleplay.
Looked in a direction = Voyeur roleplay.

Last edited:
Quite the opposite actually.

I took the T with my girlfriend into Boston once and one of the first things I saw was two guys in a crosswalk yelling at each other because they couldn't determine who had bumped into who.

There's a reason the term Masshole exists.

This young(-ish) Midwestern boy was quite shocked.

Quite the opposite actually.

I took the T with my girlfriend into Boston once and one of the first things I saw was two guys in a crosswalk yelling at each other because they couldn't determine who had bumped into who.

There's a reason the term Masshole exists.

This young(-ish) Midwestern boy was quite shocked.

It's an achievement in this game, I'm so happy.

Getting Power Armour:

<iframe src="https://vid.me/e/Q9j2?stats=1&amp;tools=1" width="568" height="320" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling="no"></iframe>

Remember when we met and you said you were glad to help? Well you did.

Amazing writting there.

The handles and eyelets on the power armor do nothing: confirmed.

It is a LOT bulkier than previous installments, so it doesn't just look like thin plate armor.

Gotta take the good with the bad I guess.

Back