Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Kilus, Oct 31, 2015.
IT'S THE HIVE MIND!
In any case this is about the image leaks. The one that we thought was either a Cutscene or a loading screen has noticeably lower resolution than the other screenshots despite the text looking the same so it's now more likely that is a Post loading screen prompt.
Well it sounds like it's shaping up to be a Bethesda game alright! Ha seems everyone here speculating was right about a week on about this game.
The positives According to the Spanish guy:
- improved AI
- improved FPS mechanics
- amazing perk system
- amazing weapon mod system
- interesting settlement building mechanics and quests
- No reputation with factions but there is some personal reputation/favourability
- really big, diverse and interesting world
I don't know about the Perk system being "amazing" and we don't know yet how exactly the favorability system works, and he said the Settlement building was actually kind of lacking but he also admited to not having the Settlement Perks yet, but the improvements to combat and the Weapon Mod system are most definetly good things.
I wonder what the DLC will be? More self contained world spaces?
- Like I said, that's good.
- I suppose so, but Fallout 3 was bottom of the barrel bad with its FPS mechanics so it's not much to improve them. From what the way he describes it, it sounds like how they should've been to begin with.
- Perk system that completely removes Skills in favor of perks? It generally sounds like a rehash of a lot of perks in F3 where all they did was add points to your skills. Other than that I don't know how any of it could be "amazing".
- Weapon mod system looks nice, I admit.
- None of the settlement stuff sounded interesting to me. Also, maybe I missed it, but I didn't really see anything about the quests themselves other than than some are very long.
- I suppose that is yet to be seen, but this is Bethesda we're talking about, I doubt it'll do much, and if the writing isn't up to par to make to make the system favorability interesting then it means nothing.
- Yeeeahhh, again, it's Bethesda, and while some places might be visually interesting, it's probably mostly going to be skin deep.
Could this be better than we imagine? Maybe, but a lot of it sounds unfavorable. This especially so when New Vegas proved you could get close to the spirit of Fallout 1/2.
Final Fantasy 15 is 900p on PS4 and 1408x792 (?) on XB1. Unless they changed it.
I agree but i'm beginning to wonder if all weapons are going to be Borderlands-like and that all weapons are going to be made from an empty can of beans, a piece of wood, pipes and a make shift trigger/firing pin/hammer system? I liked having some realistic weapons.
Oh yeah, they still call Fallout 4 an RPG
What they call improving on the FPS mechanics is pretty much what you can call the CoD-ification of Fallout, making Fallout now closer to a shooter and geting further away from an RPG where stats matter is considered an improvement these days ...
From the way the mechanics work, sure, you would rather chose to play a Fallout FPS with decent FPS mechanics rather than Fallout FPS with bad FPS mechanics. That one's a given!
But really as far as the evolution of the franchise goes ... probably one of the worst things that could happen to it.
And I bet that the same will be said about the dialog in the game once we get to the popular reviews, minimalism as improvement! Pfff! Who wants roleplaying in an roleplaying game anyway! The less your character has to say, the faster you can get in to the action I assume.
Don't you understand? It is a Bethesda game. Any flaw, error, mistake or what ever else you encouter is either
A) only the fault of the end-user or
B) in your imagination.
The only real way to be neutral about Fallout 4 is to be overly positive about everything you see!
Bethesda needs a new engine after this game. I doubt they'll make one though, but it'd be nice. FO4 will look fine but isn't going to blow minds.
BEGINNING SPOILERS IN VIDEOS:
More leaks here: https://instagram.com/_fo4leaks/
Didn't know Bethesda made a Potato version of Fallout 4. lol
Bethesda finally nuked one of the albums on Imgur. The day after video footage was leaked.
If they were smart, they'd embrace the leaks since the game is coming out in a week.
You know, have people gush about how much they like it.
PEOPLE MIGHT CANCEL THEIR PRE-ORDERS IF THEY DON'T LIKE WHAT SOMEONE SAYS ABOUT IT.
They just know they fucked up with the AI and the visuals.
Eh, I think the graphics are ok. There's some seriously shoddy texture work here and there, and the character animations (especially facial) are rather bad, but hey, that was to be expected. The landscapes pretty, at least.
I thought they might have released the Quakecon footage today to stem the leak tide but like nope. DMCA all gameplay footage and hope for the best.