Favorite cuisine?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by MutantScalper, May 8, 2017.

1. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    Gravlaks is amazing!
    One must be even more careful to not accidentally bump into "rakfisk" which is truly fermented, and tastes - in my opinion - horrible :D
    Gravlaks is really good though, we eat it on a sandwich with a bit of mustard sauce!

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. Gonzalez

Gonzalez Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 21, 2004
    Yeah... food poisoning... :puke:

I'm much better now. Alas I still cannot eat pizza for a while :'(

Other than that I do like pasta, so agian, Italian.

On the way of meats, you should really try this, is really tasty! It's the cow's little intestine.

This is also really good. Empanadas.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
    • [Like] [Like] x 2
  3. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    I miss empanadas. It's been... yearsss, long since...

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. olestra

olestra Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Mar 26, 2016
    you might like ethiopian food.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. gwaedpoeth

gwaedpoeth First time out of the vault

Mar 20, 2016
    Bacon bap. Cure for vegetarianism.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    For me it would be Italian and Japanese.

7. Aurelius Of Phoenix

Aurelius Of Phoenix Psued.

Mar 9, 2018

AH SHEIT NIGGA NOW DIS IS WHERE IT'S AT RIGHT HERE! LUV ME SOMMA DAT CHICKEN AND WAFFLES AND DON'T YOU DAREAH FOGET MAH CORNBREAD... MISS ME WIT DAT MAC AND CHEESE SHIT DOE I AIN'T NO CRACAH!
    You can't beat southern food and soul food although I like a nice empanada every now and then. Waffles are the patrician's choice, pancakes are alright but you can't beat the artisan craftsmanship of a finely made waffle. Cornbread however is for homosexuals and it is a well known tactic for homosexuals to relieve themselves with a piece of cornbread and pass it off to some innocent bystander, infecting them with their seed. All that I would change in this image is drop the corn bread and mac and cheese, as well as replace the chicken with fried chicken breasts and add some berries to the waffles.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  8. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Non Binary Pod Person Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    Nice gravedig. I'll allow it.

I can't look at it anymore. Too hungry.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  9. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    I've come to develop some peculiar preference to runny eggs dishes (scrambled, poached, and even omurice even though I haven't get the chance to try one) and chocolate chip cookies (the soft, chunky, and chewy kind).

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  10. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    I dig Chinese, Malay, Indian and Japanese cuisine with no particular leads in terms of preference. Great thing about being from Southeast Asia is the variety. You get bored of one type, there's another.

As a side note, favourite dish: Curry noodles

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  11. MutantScalper

MutantScalper Dogmeat

Nov 22, 2009
    Just to add to the OP, I've had some actual Russian dishes as well, such as blinis, borscht, some type of dumplings, etc. East Europeans and Russians enjoy some of the same cuisine.

https://bridgetomoscow.com/russian-cuisine

Some of the US foods I've never had but would like to try include gumbo (southern stew-type food) and other local stuff.

Gumbo.

Interesting, is that a steak with beans, grated cheese, onions, etc. on top of it? Never had that type. You can get something called the "Naked Burger" in a place over here, it's a burger without the buns, meaning if you are cutting down on carbs it's good.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  12. Cimmerian Nights

Cimmerian Nights So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2004
    Once you've had KATSU Curry Udon, you can never go back to curry noodles. I mean, curry noodles are good, but wouldn't it be better if we put a fried chicken cutlet on top?

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  13. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    I am aware but tbh, I'm not a huge fan of Japanese curry. Not spicy enough for me.

I can eat it but I'll always pick curry noodles if given a choice.

14. MutantScalper

MutantScalper Dogmeat

Nov 22, 2009
    Once knew a Japanese guy who only liked Vietnamese food, because of the French influence. Vietnamese food is nice but if I eat in a restaurant I usually go for the buffet option if there is one.

Not long ago had some super-hot Indian food, it was good but really hot. And some Indian beer, they have beer too.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  15. alec

alec White heterosexual male Orderite

May 21, 2003
    Dick meat. Motherfucking dick meat, you goddamn bastards.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  16. Morgan_

Morgan_ Putz

Jul 3, 2020
    I'd have to agree with Kohno, but to flesh it out more: Asian is always good, but I'd have to pick Mediterranean food, if we're talking one cuisine for the rest of your life. You've got Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, North African and stuff from all over the mid east. That's basically every combination of flavor profile even before you get into fuisioning (that's a word right?) them together.
    Maybe that's too broad?
    I eat mainly a pescatarian diet and besides liking that food the best, I usually feel the best after eating it as well.

Nothing like steamed/smoked/grilled Salmon with butter, lemon and spices with some asparagus and hollandaise sauce to the side and some Turkish coffee for desert after a day of evening/late night mountain biking.

Quick story: My dad worked as a barista when I was born and he made Turkish coffee in an Ibrik pretty often when I was around 9-12. We'd have rose Turkish delight with it.
    One day, we were asked to give a presentation to the class when I was in 4th grade and I chose to give it on the that coffee. There I was, already an outcast, drawing and describing this small, copper pot of coffee made over a little flame with Turkish delight beside it. The class is just blankly staring and the teacher is squinting and blinking at the board, adjusting his glasses, trying to figure out what I'm talking about. He was a no nonsense, ex-navy, religious type.

I got my ass kicked during recess after that lol

One of my favorite memories, in all honesty.

17. Atomic Postman

Atomic Postman Mojave Express Employee of the Month

Mar 16, 2013
    When it comes to world foods, in my personal cooking I tend to primarily cook Asian. Usuallys some lazy ass udon broth with chopped chillies and green onion. My girlfriend has promised to teach me some Chinese recipes but I doubt I'll stick to it, my preference for speed and just getting minimal food to my mouth having killed any culinary flare I once had.

Outside of my own preparation, there's a Lebanese place nearby in the city centre and man that shit is good. Mediterranean food in general is pretty god tier.

One thing I do miss about living in the US is the abundance of Mexican food.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1