General Discussion Thread of DOOM

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by TorontoReign, Jan 3, 2015.

1. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    The real exciting part is not from doing acid now, it is having an acid flashback 20 years from when you are driving down the highway. HAVE FUN.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  2. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Nov 26, 2007

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Ok Grampa.

4. KingArthur

KingArthur Highwaymen are just road pirates

Jun 25, 2018
    This, Gizmo, is an example of “Johnny Cash eating cake in a bush” levels of high. I’m not even entirely sure he knows what he said.

5. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    Do you not know what an acid flashback is?

6. KingArthur

Jun 25, 2018
    Never had one, so not really. Psychedelics were never my area of expertise, though I doubt Walp experimenting with them once is gonna lead to permanent brain imprints to the point where he flashes back.

7. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    The thing is that certain substances can enrich in your fat cells and get released at random times. Although I guess dropping acid once won't lead to a flashback.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  8. KingArthur

Jun 25, 2018
    Huh. I’ve learned something today. Thanks Hass, and @TheGM sorry I doubted you man.

9. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    I bought Wargroove. CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!

Literally

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  10. KingArthur

Jun 25, 2018
    Is it odd that I find that dog adorable?

11. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    It would be odd if you didn't.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  12. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    A good friend of mine told me this happend to him once. Also, in a very inappropiate moment. He used to take quite a lot of drugs as teenager, his parents threw him out of their home, he got in trouble with the police and so on. He was clean when I got to know him.

However, he said that he once had this experience, where he was on a fun fair with a girlfriend or something and right when he got onto one of those large spinning thingies, you know with seats and such, like this:

He had one of those flashs.

13. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    Watched Ray Romano's Netflix special, out of curiousity, never saw his stand-up before (well, who the hell did?)
    First of all, perfectly passable, I chuckled, nothing revolutionary, family-related topics, akin to the sitcom

He did seem slightly insecure though, which I found a bit odd, he also had - and mind you, I usually never point stuff like this out, it's often casually thrown left and right, but this time it seemed very glaring to me - his eyes seemed very flushed, like he had puffed up a big fat fattie in order to get himself on stage. That kind of ... dutch courage rastafarian style can sometimes backfire a bit, maybe adding to a bit of a nervousness or slight insecurity, but I'm probably reading too much into it... but yeah, almost distractingly pink eyes.

In contrast, I also watched Ken Jeong's simultaneously published special, and I was immediately bored by the loud antics, as well as distracted by what seemed like a very artificial audience. His entire first ten minutes depend on there being women in the audience - sitting right next to him, at that - sharing the same name as his wife. Those are obvious plants, and take away from the rest of the show. Wanted to sate my curiousity, so,

Ray Romano, 6,5/10, good chuckle, nothing mind-blowing, nice mellow vibe
    Ken Jeong, N/A, didn't watch more than 10 minutes.

Jim Jeffries and Bill Burr are obvious favorites, but they've been milked dry, I'd let them take long - loooong hiatuses, to rebuild material. As audience, we often underestimate how much work goes into compiling a good special.

I really would like another Anthony Jeselnik one though, that guy is murder savage

14. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Level 27 Wizard Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    Silent Hill is based on that. Was going to visit but I didn't get to.

15. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
  16. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Level 27 Wizard Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
  17. Mr muggyman 3000

Mr muggyman 3000 Lover of coffe cups

May 3, 2016
    hello

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1