Gun Control

upload_2020-8-29_20-53-32.png

I would like to point out that none of these pharmaceutical companies are going to face justices for hooking a bunch of people on opioids and creating this crisis. It is so great that both parties go out of their way to protect them.

I bet the only people on here that have more shooting experience than me are those who were in the military. I have shot guns ranging from 9mm pistols and .22 rifle up to AR-15's and .308 bolt action.

Some of these include:

Glocks
VP9
Lever action Winchester (.357 & 5.56)
Pump action shotguns
.357 magnum
.44 magnum
M1 Garand
Luger
A fucking musket
.308 sniper rifle of some kind
custom AR-15
some other random stuff I can't remember.

The first thing I ever shot and killed was a coyote in Tazewell Virginia at my Mawmaw's small farm in the woods. I had the misfortune of watching it and another coyote rip a wild cat we had befriended in half with it's internals falling out. The coyote that had the cats head and shoulders in its mouth had a distinct dark line of fur across it's face. We threw sticks in their direction but got in trouble as it could have drawn them towards me and one of my cousins. I had been taken on hunting trips before but had never shot anything, this time I wanted to go though. My papaw had one of those seats that you had to climb up into and wait for deer. My parents had let me go with him as it was not the first time and I was 11 by this point so I wasn't a total kid.

We had to do this twice on two different occasions before the coyotes came within sight to shoot. I had a lever action winchester with a scope. It was 5.56 iirc, his was .357 I think. When we spotted them we just had to wait until they came within shooting distance toward the bait we had waiting. it was ground beef with steak blood left on it. It was the same four coyotes that were always around and the one that had the cats head in his mouth was with them. Since I was a decent shot we picked our targets and shot on the count of 5. We took the shots and I managed to hit the one I wanted through the shoulders with it going limp instantly and the other 2 running off. He hit his in the ribs which left it in kind of a mess on the opposite end. I would say they were about 35ish feet from us.

My papaw turned them in for bounties which I think was $50 at the time, since then I think it's been lowered. Part of me felt guilty but mostly I felt I had to do it for the cat so it didn't bother me much. One of my papaw's older nephews had found a coyote den with pups in it. Not sure if it was the same group, but it felt nice to take the pups to a man they knew at the Dublin Virginia flea market which was held at an old stadium that year. Looking back on it the guy they took the pups to was probably illegally keeping them as pets, or something. At the time it made me fell a little better about having shot the coyote as it felt we had done something good in not letting the puppies die.

When I played New Vegas and was shooting coyotes with the trail carbine it hit a little different lol :postviper: :salute:

If I were murrican I'd have an extensive collection. They play right into my aspie obsessions - the series, the models, the designs, the practicality vs aesthetic balance, and so on.

My holy grail pistol, for no particular reason, would be a Smith and Wesson 4506. It's just pure erotica.

Someone, plz, give me one :'/

If I were murrican I'd have an extensive collection. They play right into my aspie obsessions - the series, the models, the designs, the practicality vs aesthetic balance, and so on.

My holy grail pistol, for no particular reason, would be a Smith and Wesson 4506. It's just pure erotica.

Someone, plz, give me one :'/
Sorry No Guns Allowed.

Aren't most guns used in gun crime legally obtained?
While that might be true for some rural, gun-toting communities, according to this 2019 report (based on a 2016 study) from the U.S. Department of Justice it seems that overall guns purchased at retail are way less likely to be used in crimes by the lawful owner (search for other sources). Of course a burglar can always steal your legal guns and then sell them to their convenience store robber friend.

But, yeah, this makes me wonder why more pro-gun people aren't for those gun buyback programs. Clearly gun enthusiasts are not going to turn in their nice guns, but semi-retired criminals might turn in their crappy ones, which might make a difference on what they decide to do on an impulse some day.

I don't think pro gun people have issues with buybacks. It is the FORCED buyback that is the problem.

it seems that overall guns purchased at retail are way less likely to be used in crimes by the lawful owner

I think the issue for a lot of people isn't necessarily the belief that people are buying guns at Walmart to use them in crimes, but the fact that many guns used in crimes were at some point purchased legally still means that legal gun sales can still saturate the black market with weapons that are used in crime.

I don't even support gun control but a lot of right-wingers seem to be under the implication most of the weapons being used in gun crime within American cities was like smuggled into the country or something so restrictions on legal gun sales wouldn't have any effect but that isn't necessarily true.

Brother_Maynard.jpg
Brother Maynard: Armaments, chapter two, verses nine to twenty-one.

Cleric: And Saint Attila raised the Hand Grenade up on high, saying,
'O Lord, bless this Thy Hand Grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies into tiny pieces... in Thy mercy.'
And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats, and large chu —​

Brother Maynard
: Skip a bit, Brother.

Cleric: And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once at the number three, being the third number be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'
Brother Maynard: Amen.

Last edited:
Lol, yep. My cousin has a custom one with fancy fore grip and shoulder strap. Had parts of it drilled out around the barrel housing to make it lighter. Fancy scope too.

Back