Lonesome Road speculation

Ophiuchus said:
Sabirah said:
Maybe Ulysses is the Lone Wanderer?

Wait! Maybe Ricky is the Lone Wanderer! It makes perfect sense!

"And then there three, no seven, of those deathjaw things running at me and I killed every single one of them."

It's all coming together now. Ricky did seem to be a parody of a lot of Fallout 3 fans.

Courier said:
Ophiuchus said:
Sabirah said:

"And then there three, no seven, of those deathjaw things running at me and I killed every single one of them."

It's all coming together now. Ricky did seem to be a parody of a lot of Fallout 3 fans.

Or perhaps a parody of the fans of every bethesda game. (or bethesda itself)

Courier said:
Ophiuchus said:
Sabirah said:

Do you honestly think that that was intentional?

Lexx said:
From where does that talk come from anyway?
From a bunch of lying, speculative journalists whom also got a lot of people thinking that Old World Blues would be released on the 14th of last month; idiots making stupid threads left right and centre on that day.

The Enclave 86 said:
Lexx said:
From a bunch of lying, speculative journalists whom also got a lot of people thinking that Old World Blues would be released on the 14th of last month; idiots making stupid threads left right and centre on that day.

And here's to me who believed them ¬_¬

But now that I think about it- there better damn well be no F3 characters in it.

Finding out where the divide is would help a lot in figuring out what lies there as it looks like it was heavily populated with the roads and all.

I know this sounds kind of weird, but I want this to be the hardest DLC yet. I don't know, I just think it would fit since Ulysses seems to be extremely important to the story of New Vegas, and it's supposed to be this grand 'Battle of the Couriers'.

I was frustrated by the difficulty in Dead Money, but that had less to do with the amount of difficulty and more to do with the type (the invincible speakers that make your head explode, not knowing where the fuck to go, not knowing what the hell to do, scouring a deathtrap for a key in which you have no idea where it's located, invincible enemies, etc etc.)

I liked Old World Blues's difficulty better. It was decently difficult [spoiler:22816cbd4c](especially the end where you get jumped by a few dozen Robo-scorpions),[/spoiler:22816cbd4c] but its difficulty didn't rely on instadeath platforming elements and lack of information. (fake difficulty)

Renegadexss said:
Finding out where the divide is would help a lot in figuring out what lies there as it looks like it was heavily populated with the roads and all.

I'm certain that it's Death Valley National Park, which IIRC Joshua Grahman pretty much says is the divide; plus it goes along with his desciption of the divide as creating longer NCR supply chains (if we take Shady Sands to be next to MT Whitney - i.e. Vault 13 - then it cuts straight between Sands and Vegas), his mention of two real US State Routes (can't remember the numbers but Google Maps put them near Death Valley) and indeed it's more-than-likely entrance location next to Primm is both in California and facing the general northly direction that Death Valley is from Vegas.

The Enclave 86 said:
Lexx said:

My bad. Sorry for spreading false information.

On the topic at hand, we should also look at the other NPCs included with Lonesome Road. Obviously it's too early to come to any conclusions, but I believe they are Ciphers. Ejiah mentions them in Dead Money and Ulysses retrieved a technological secret from Dr. Klein. A connection between Ulysses and the Ciphers would also support Courier's Ulysses/Victor theory.

Edit: Just did some more research on Vault wiki and came across this:

...fearing that the technology of the Old World would be forever lost, the scientists began painting and carving electronic schematics into the walls of the pit.

Well, when Ulysses says that the "Old World sleeps there", I think it could mean that there is a site very similar to Vault 0.

hrodwulf123 said:
Well, when Ulysses says that the "Old World sleeps there", I think it could mean that there is a site very similar to Vault 0.

First of all, welcome to the NMA forums.

Second, I don't think there is a Vault involved, that would be to easy.
As some have also suggested and what the DLCs seem to want to indicate is that Ulysses seeks to restore or 're awaken' the Pre War American Republic, or create something similar to that.

That still leaves the question open of what exactly can be found at the Divide.
We know that Christine said that there was nothing there so it would not be anything the BOS are interested in like military technology and secrets like the stuff found at Big MT.

The map found at the Big MT showed a town, well at least it looked like it to me, complete with a ruined elevated road network in the middle of it.
And some of the terminals indicated that it could be a placed called Hopeville.

On the Vault Wikia someone brought up the idea that perhaps Ulysses seeks to end the storms and natural disasters that created the Divide in the first place, shutting down whatever the Big MT scientists started there before the War.

Perhaps he wants to use the town/city to start a new US republic?

I'm a little worried with the relatively minuscule voice cast, myself.

I wonder how that will work out.

RRBM said:
I'm a little worried with the relatively minuscule voice cast, myself.

I wonder how that will work out.

Doesn't necessarily mean that the DLC will be devoid of story telling.
Not all stories require massive casts of characters to interact with, instead perhaps they will focus on really working out a core of characters during Lonesome Road, their personalities and motives.

Also, welcome to the NMA forums

I'm curious as to whether the mentioned "Dr Whitley" in Lonesome Road will be the same from ED-E's Log. Totally miniscule odds I admit but it's just a hope.

Whitley in LR is voiced by Jesse Burch who did some additional voices on the vanilla game, can anyone with a computer version of New Vegas and a GECK find who voiced Whitley from ED-E's logs?

Back