Lonesome Road speculation

The Whitley in ED-E's logs was vocied by Ron Yuan, so probably the Lonesomee Road WHitley is gonna be a different Whitley.

While I doubt it's the actual person, we might get holotapes or something similar. Unless it's been confirmed that he's an actual person. It's a miracle that ED-E made it as far as the Mojave, I doubt that an actual human member of the Enclave would have much luck.

And besides, I don't want to see any more of the (living Enclave). Getting to dig through a long since abandoned base or something would be kinda cool though.

My guess is that Obsidian was just trying to distance the Fallout series from the Enclave a bit, Chris Avellone said on his Twitter that they weren't allowed to put in any power armor. Personally I'm glad that the Enclave didn't make an appearance. Even an abandoned facility would be a bad idea, the entire faction has just gotten stale.

Faceless Stranger said:
Gotta wonder why there was no mention of the Enclave in OWB seeing as how Big MT was a huge pre-war science facility.

Well it's implied, the Think Tank know that Vault-Tec was "better" at social experiments on fixed populations for example and who exactly do you "seek permission from" to test unknowingly on the American populace?

Or the Big MT didn't have anything to do with the Enclave.

Courier: I'm not saying for OWB or even Lonesome road, but finding their TOP SEKRIT FACILITY alone, unguarded, and totally abandoned and probably thoroughly looted would be a nice way of saying "They're gone, okay, get the fucking picture?". And provide for some decent loot and backstory info via holotapes and terminals.

That's true, but personally I think it's better to just leave them out of the picture entirely until the FO3 crowd forget about them. A way of sending the message "They're not here, they're gone and they're not coming back, look at this other cool stuff instead."

Courier said:
That's true, but personally I think it's better to just leave them out of the picture entirely until the FO3 crowd forget about them. A way of sending the message "They're not here, they're gone and they're not coming back, look at this other cool stuff instead."

Even better, point them to the upcoming Rage.
The Authority is pretty much like the Enclave, determined to gain control of the world whatever the cost, advanced technology, armored soldiers, experimenting on Mutants.

Rage is the sequel to Fallout 3 FO3 fans want.

Im going to ignore that comment on the mountain for everyone's sake^^

Lonesome road better be fucking epic, but I have no idea how it even CAN be epic. There seems to be nothing for an awesome battle that can work in the engine. Still kinda excited though.....

lonesome road

ofcourse it will be epic, mabe not so in the action packed explosions round every corner way but the normal fallout way of twisting and manipulating the storyline kinda way that answers all your questions, hopefully ties up these loose ends but at the same time leaves something to be imagined or even a nod to fallout 4 but one that we wont really understand until we start playing it, after all isnt that why were all on these forums?

Yeah, that's a pretty good idea too, Courier.

And why would we want some COD references in Fallout, anyway. Unless you're referring to the Dead Hand or other cold war spooky stuffs.

Who else hopes that the "battle of the divide" won't necessary be between Ulysses and the Courier? Clearly there is a battle regardless of what you do in the DLC because of Dead Money's ending slides, but I just hope there some other threat.

Another hope that I have which is likely not going to happen is this DLC being twice as big and costing 20 dollars, more expansion caliber. The map that has been revealed looks to be large, but that may just be the picture size and it could even be restricted to the road.

I think it would be cool if you could bring your companions who you have completed their quest for, then you meet Ulysses, lots of dialogue and conflict ensues. Turns out Ulysses wanted you at the Divide cos he knew you were an influential person so you would be able to gather help, and thus Ulysses joins your crew (temporarily of course) to stop said threat.

Ulysses will probably be the first companion you can bring back to the Mojave since he was supposed to be a companion in the vanilla game.

I was kind of hoping Ulysses would travel with his own posse, actually.

[spoiler:3ec230c6bc]But I suppose that contradicts what Graham said of him, assuming that old Legate was speaking of the same courier.[/spoiler:3ec230c6bc]

Back