Lonesome Road speculation

I dont think Ulysses was with the Legion for the weather station because he wouldnt he WANT the chip instead of letting our courier deliver it. Seems too far fetched that Ulysses would work with Benny for any reason.

None of us said that he would be working with Benny (at least I think that), we were suggesting that he may've knew Benny would eventually bring the platinum chip to the Fort for the weather station.

Mr Krepe said:
None of us said that he would be working with Benny (at least I think that), we were suggesting that he may've knew Benny would eventually bring the platinum chip to the Fort for the weather station.
But stiill, how can one legion guy know exactly what the secretive head of chairman was going to do with the chip. Not even Mr.House knew.

You've got a point there, but (may be a bit farfetched), maybe Ulysses was quite predictive with this situation. Maybe he knew someone would eventually ambush the person carrying the platinum chip, then take it to the weather station, he didn't know it would be Benny.

Could be that he was learning the best and worst of both the NCR and Legion so his supposed idea of his new (or, as he said, old) nation would thrive.

I subscribe to the theory that the Courier delivered something to the Divide and that made it into what it currently is. Ulysses wants to track you down to make you realize this and/or set it right.

-the weather station in the big MT would support this (the package could have originated from there).
-his holotape mentioning that couriers often don't know the messages they bring also sort of supports this too.
-maybe he had a feeling about what the platinum chip would do to vegas after seeing what another package did to divide and chose not to be a part of it. He then sees the courier's name below and figures they'll take the package no matter what so they'll get what's coming to them.

Very excited for this DLC!

From what I seen and heard so far, perhaps Ulysses is not strictly a Legion frumentarii, as Joshua Graham suspected. Ulysses probably at one point joined the other 2 main factions; NCR and BoS. That's why he knew all the three groups will never bring the hope that world needed, because honestly, their doomed.

We knew Legion will take humanity a step backward.
We knew NCR doomed to repeat the history itself.
We knew BoS fated to die a slow death for their outdated Codex.

Heck, I think he trying to bring back the Old World by himself, since he can't trust those people with their narrow ideology...wait a minute, that sounds familiar ;)

johnnyoi said:
I subscribe to the theory that the Courier delivered something to the Divide and that made it into what it currently is. Ulysses wants to track you down to make you realize this and/or set it right.

-the weather station in the big MT would support this (the package could have originated from there).
-his holotape mentioning that couriers often don't know the messages they bring also sort of supports this too.
-maybe he had a feeling about what the platinum chip would do to vegas after seeing what another package did to divide and chose not to be a part of it. He then sees the courier's name below and figures they'll take the package no matter what so they'll get what's coming to them.

Very excited for this DLC!

wat.

the 'package from the big mt' bit.

Courier said:
"And then there three, no seven, of those deathjaw things running at me and I killed every single one of them."

It's all coming together now. Ricky did seem to be a parody of a lot of Fallout 3 fans.
I dunno, he kinda obsesses over eyeshots
Maybe he's a parody of a different subset of the Fallout fandom.

Shadow of the Wastes said:
I dunno, he kinda obsesses over eyeshots
Maybe he's a parody of a different subset of the Fallout fandom.

Or it was a joke about how you can't actually make eyeshots in Fallout 3, but a lot of Ricky type people still pretend. Just like they pretend they're raiders in FO3 or pretend they're imperial guards in Oblivion.

The Enclave 86 said:
vakapyro06 said:
the 'package from the big mt' bit.

The Divide was created by the remains of a Big MT meteological experiment.

I guess I didn't explain it well enough, that's what I meant :)

It's not too farfetched, given the cloud from the Sierra Madre, but purely speculation. Can't wait to see a trailer!

All the names and requirements for the achievements are out, they are:

ED-Ecated - Found all of ED-E's upgrades in the Divide.

Condemned to repeat it - Decided the fate of all the Divide dwellers.

Hometown Hero - Completed Lonesome Road.

Rocket's Red Glare - Fully upgraded the Divide's signature weapon.

Warhead Hunter - Detonated all of the warheads in the Divide.

Speculate on that.

Edit: And pictures,

Ed-Ecated_icon.png

Condemned_to_Repeat_it_icon.png

Hometown_Hero_icon.png

Rockets_Red_Glare_icon.png

Warhead_Hunter_icon.png

Condemned to Repeat it? It seems that whatever is going in the Divide is the Courier's Fault.

Also, ED-Ecated? it seems it is the same Wheatley, they just chanegd voice actors, for some reason.

Walpknut said:
Condemned to Repeat it? It seems that whatever is going in the Divide is the Courier's Fault.

Nope, looking at the achievement picture it looks like it has something to do with the Legion.

Edit: The thing I found odd was that there are upgrades for ED-E in the Divide. This means that 1. There is a connection to the Enclave at the Divide and 2. You might be able to bring companions, or at least ED-E, along with you.

lonesome road

Ah damn it courier you beat me to it i was just about to explode onto the scene with those achievements, altho when i seen them i felt almost pissed off that i had found them in a way i like speculation not concrete facts(or near enough) on whats there ect, i would say there probably is reasonable evidence now to sujest some kind of settlement at the divide which is cool as it links the courier to it and means he probably did something to affect it in a way, we also know theres now a weapon and missiles, but ED-E?? on mine hes lost god knows where then that "condemned to repeat it" dunn about anyone else but my first thought on it was "history" meaning he repeats history (probably the bad ending) affecting the divide again

Walpknut said:
Also, ED-Ecated? it seems it is the same Wheatley, they just chanegd voice actors, for some reason.

Actually the one in the logs is Whitley whilst this new one is Whitely (as I was kindly told on the Vault). But given the new infomation about ED-E I mean that's more than just a coinsidence.

Ha! I knew it, after all this time am I finally going to be thrown a fucking bone in these DLCs!?

Back