Movie Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Serge 13, Nov 20, 2011.

1. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    Independence Day is on tv, and in the scene where they're first noticing the radar signals or whatever, and ask what it is, I immediately thought of the Austin Powers scene "It's a giant - - DICK! What is that thing!? Oh my god... it looks just like a - - - Johnson!"

Independence Day is one of my favorite shit movies to mock, "Welcome to earth!" *mouth-punches mouth-less alien* YEAH!

I won't even mention the whole Microsoft Laughing Skull Virus.exe crap, oh darn, seems like I did
    "Hurry up with that virus will you?"
    "Gimme a moment, I'm still gonna attach the laugh track! Okay, recooord... quiet everyone, shhh! Erhm: Huaaa, hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaaa! Save file. Attach... Okay, now for the skull-gif... "
    "DUDE!!!"

2. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    The Warriors (U.S. 1979)
    NY street gangs clashes. Finally I understand what those small groups of uniformly dressed folks walking the streets of cities in first GTA stands for! Great props and music, old school filmdom at its best. Someone would call this movie cheesy probably, I'm still not 100% sure what cheesy means though so I don't care. You've been warned anyway! :smile:

3. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Shoot me again. I ain't dead yet. Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    The new Start Trek looks like shit. I won't even bother posting the trailer.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  4. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    Yeah, it looks like a huge well of diarrhea. I might watch it because I like Simon Pegg, but that's about it.

5. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    The first two star trek movies is where it's at.

6. Stone Cold Robert House

Stone Cold Robert House Mojave Rattlesnake

Jul 6, 2015
    The Search For Spock rocked, man. It's totally bonkers, there's no other Star Trek movie like it. It's one of the few that embraces the fantastic and unknown, the crew explores a location that is actually interesting, surreal and occasionally spectacular. When you see all the strange elements as things that enhance the story instead of something separate it's a really nice movie.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  7. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    Okay yeah, that one was good too. After that is when it starts to drop in quality.

8. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    I am scratching barely on my 30s now, but watching trailers like the new ST or Terminator 5, I feel like I should be talking about movies like as I would be in my late 60s. With this same cranky everything-was-better attitude and young-people-have-no clue opinions.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 3
  9. khain

khain [X] Sarcastic

Dec 3, 2015
    Yeah, but that's already how we talk about the Fallout games, can't apply the exact same world view on every topic, it would get noticed :V

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  10. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Everyone ready to watch Fan Fiction with a multi million dollar budget? 'Cause I am!

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  11. farchettiensis

farchettiensis First time out of the vault

Feb 5, 2015
    I love Sci-fi or simply any movie that deals with the unknown, the fantastic, alternate world, parallel universe etc. Watched this movie last weekend: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2660332/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
    Swedish Sci-fi, basically around the idea that, provided you can find the right frequency, you can give people commands through sound waves. It's not really deep in its exploration of this concept, but is a fun, weird, and original movie to watch. It's on Netflix.

Going to see Star Wars new movie today. Anybody seen that yet? I have to thank Bethesda, though, because Fallout 4 thought me not expect much from entertainment industry, but I'm still curious.

12. Avallach

Avallach Ayreonaut

Aug 11, 2009
    I am going to see it on sunday.

But damn, I kinda forgot that with movies like this you have to avoid internet for a bit because of spoilers. And of course, just had some asshats dropping major spoiler bombs left and right just for the sake of being dicks (even in comments or videos not related to star wars.).

Already got spoiled about a death of a certain character, but meh.:evil:

13. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    Yeah, the death of Darth Vader was really to much :cry:

14. Avallach

Avallach Ayreonaut

Aug 11, 2009
    No way man, Nute Gunray's death was much more tragic.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  15. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    I take from this that you also saw the trailer for Independence Day 2?

16. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    I don't like the first movie, so I have no interest in the sequel.

17. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    It is only because you hate America and Apple Pie.

18. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Kinda?

Also that movie in Colombia is Sunday afternoon block filler.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  19. Cimmerian Nights

Cimmerian Nights So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2004
    Fuck Will Smith.

20. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    But Jeff Goldblum is awesome yo.