The Outer Worlds information overload

I welcome this game with open arms. I will take a good diverse sci-fi over a bad P-A RPG everytime.
Yea, go Obsidian! So far you have my vote and money!

I don't think Obsidian will go back to the isometric CRPGs which is a shame. I did like Pillars and Tyranny but I doubt Microsoft would let Obsidian do that sort of thing anymore. Plus as @Risewild did suggest, it may not be profitable.

Nevertheless, I have hopes that this game will satisfy my desire for an officially made New Vegas successor.

Mainstream literally means popularity. It's what popular now. PC had a bunch of popular games in the 90s, it means it was part of the mainstream, in some fashion.

Games went mainstream when Mommas started playing video games with their friends. It was the Wii by the way. Shit like Rock Band. If you are under 16 and act like you know these things shut your mouth and get me a sandwich.

I guess you guys can argue for weeks about when games became mainstream if you really want. That's an opinion of when the popularity of something is widespread and accepted that it's a normal thing if you participate in the activity.

I'd say games were always very popular but the actual mainstreaming of the games happened later on.

Also people who excessively use the word millennial make me laugh because they themselves are usually millennials and generations in a general sense (and how they're commonly argued) are bullshit. Miss me with that stupid shit.

Turns out the game that was never even hinted at to be isometric and turn based that is also a new IP is not isometric and turn based. People get angry about that.

Turns out the game that was never even hinted at to be isometric and turn based that is also a new IP is not isometric and turn based. People get angry about that.
I still don't see anyone angry about it. :lmao:

Is there such an upsettedness going on though?
According to the trailers the game looks interesting enough
I'm probably not gonna bother though, lately my interest in immersing myself in games is dropping quickly, surprising even myself.
I waited eagerly for Red Dead, and played it only for a single evening. Fzzzt...

Speaking to the FPS not being popular until the 2000's, let me mention Wolfenstein 3D and Doom, to name a couple. Those games were pretty popular from what I've found. Then again, my research could be wrong. In that case, I should do more research.

They weren't popular ON CONSOLE. That was the whole point of what I said before. PC games and console games were different animals, and consoles were more accessible to a broad audience than PCs.

Now that cross-platform is pretty common, this is no longer the case. The design ethos that drives console titles and AAA PC titles is the same. This is how PC games have become 'mainstream'.

Last edited:
So what kind of music do you think this game will go for actually? If it's going to have iggy pop I'm gonna guess it's going to have Lou Reed in it. Could you imagine a better combination? Lou Reed and classic Fallout?

So what kind of music do you think this game will go for actually? If it's going to have iggy pop I'm gonna guess it's going to have Lou Reed in it. Could you imagine a better combination? Lou Reed and classic Fallout?

Not necessarily, could be they just used it for trailer. But I wouldn't mind it.
Still, what I'd really like is a well-made OST. Specially tailored for this game, to reflect its tone and spirit. You know, like Mark Morgan did for a few games a long time ago.

Seeing how @nkchan16 keeps on assuming how everyone who disagrees with him/her/it as 'millennial' while ALSO simultaneously saying how he/she/it desires romance in RPGs in the other threads leads me to believe that he/she/it is a fucking troll.
nkchan16 said:
No romance/sex. Yep, that's what I thought as well. Another -1 pts for the game.

It definitely plays like FO4. Even the crosshair is identical.

Does this game even have a CC screen?

And they dare to show the game play on XBox? Already started shilling for MS? Fuck'em.

Immortal companions... -1 pts.

Floating damage numbers... -1 pts.
I sincerely refuse to accept that there's any RPG fans older than a millennial who would desire romance, literally one of the worst fucking things ever to appear in any RPGs.

I mean, okay, that guy/gal/xir wrote it as "romance/sex", but how the fuck can one know there would be sex in a game not yet released? Do you want them to show us that "you can fuck [insert fuckable things here] in this game!" as part of the marketing?

I can take or leave romance. It's can be OK if done right, but most times it's just not necessary. The romances in FO4 for example are an abomination.

I can take or leave romance. It's can be OK if done right, but most times it's just not necessary. The romances in FO4 for example are an abomination.

Romances were fine in earlier Bioware titles. Cheesy, but fine. Now they are just derivative.

Romances were fine in earlier Bioware titles. Cheesy, but fine. Now they are just derivative.
I didn't mind the romance in ME. Sure, it was weird, but it was optional and had no effect on the story either way. Forced romance is bad. Very bad.

Last edited:
I felt creative...
Aaw9MAQ.gif

Back